Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This science is really starting to get confusing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

This science is really starting to get confusing.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:10 AM

We have been told to follow the science since this pandemic started. You know the science that in order to stop this deadly disease that we had to shut down most small businesses, restaurants, bars, and music venues.

Well now that we are nearly a year into this, cases are spiking in nearly every major city.

So why the hell are leftists states and cities with the most strict lockdowns starting to open back up? In the last week since Sleepy Joe’s inauguration all of these states/cities have started making plans to open back up?

California
Michigan
DC
Chicago
NY

There are only 2 options here.

1. Democrats are admitting that their “science” has been wrong this entire time and they have made disastrous decisions
2. The governors and mayors in these cities and states are political hacks and they nuked our economy to get rid of trump.

What say you?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

science bad***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Jesus died so I wouldn't have to know science***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Hey Jesus died so I wouldn't have to know science***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:52 AM

Science in time always catches up to the Bible.

dude your blasphemy habit

Jan 25, 2021, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Hey Jesus died so I wouldn't have to know science*** ]

is absolutely cringe worthy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: science bad***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:34 AM [ in reply to science bad*** ]

Wrong! You're thinkin' BAD!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact is that we don't have the science yet

Jan 25, 2021, 11:14 AM

we are gathering data and have some things figured out, such as vaccines.

We know masks and social distancing help but we don't know if it is 1% or 25% reduction in cases. Probably won't ever know because we are not going to do trials to analyze the data properly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact is that we don't have the science yet

Jan 25, 2021, 11:24 AM

So what are they basing their decisions to open on?

Coordinated liberal conspiracy.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:25 AM

It goes all the way up to Soros and his minions. Trump won the election.

Re: Coordinated liberal conspiracy.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:30 AM

I’m asking a simple question. Why are these cities/states starting measures to re-open when the pandemic is the worst that it has been since the start?

Has to be a simple explanation right? Maybe some new studies or data that has come out? Is it simply because more people are getting vaccinated? Just seems a little strange that there seems to be a concerted effort from leftist cities/states to open back up in the last week.

I have an open mind. Any plausible explanations stubborn?

Jan 25, 2021, 11:42 AM

YOur asking stubbornness to offer a cogent opinion? YCBS. Nastiness is her go to move. I've given up on her. However, she is funny as he!!.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Coordinated liberal conspiracy. ]

No plausible explanation whatsoever. Conspiracy. I said what I said.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:02 PM

No plausible explanation whatsoever. Conspiracy. I said what I said.

You should probably get better at trolling, or just give it up altogether. You are neither clever nor funny, 2 essential traits of being a good troll.

oh okay***

Jan 25, 2021, 12:03 PM

Please continue, 'teach'...***

Jan 25, 2021, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Coordinated liberal conspiracy. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Coordinated liberal conspiracy. ]

Option 3:

Michigan data/science trends have been positive with getting control of things at the moment so Gretchen starting to open few thing up. Data/science show bad things we lock up again.

Can't speak for other states. tigermanac will correct me on my Michigan assumptions if I am in hindsight talking out of my ###.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are right, I just hate the 25% rule

Jan 25, 2021, 12:03 PM

I think that it is absolutely worthless and just to buy her some more time. Its like a band aid to keep everyone from going absolutely insane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Coordinated liberal conspiracy. ]

Just looking at the overall curve, it does look like cases are trending downward. But still they are up way over any point from March - November

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/michigan-coronavirus-cases.amp.html

I am with you man. If you cannot

Jan 25, 2021, 12:45 PM

see or want to ask questions about the timing of all these states opening back up, you are being held a fool. Especially with our new leader saying there is nothing that can be done.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Coordinated liberal conspiracy. ]

mountain,

First of all, our understanding of this virus is dynamic - always changing in the face of new data. (Dynamic truth can be upsetting to some people).

I don't think all of these cities and states are throwing the doors wide open. Some are starting to talk about it. I am not privy to some of the info that they might have, but it seems to me that with the coming of the vaccine and the growing number of people that have already had it, the balance towards economic concerns may be growing in some places.

It also may be that more of the accurate info is now making its way from the expert agencies to the decision makers.

Finally, I would like to make a point about things in general, that I do not intend to refer to you specifically. All humans want to make sense of things - sometimes they try too hard to do so. Here there is a conflict between predictions of actions and the actions themselves. And a simple way to make sense of that conflict is to attach political motives to it (without any evidence).

This could be right, but until we have some supporting evidence, we should reserve judgement. This is one possible way to avoid the conspiracy theories that seem so prevalent right now.

Jan 25, 2021, 4:32 PM

Tobias,

I agree with some of your points.

Cities and states are not throwing their doors wide open. They are taking measures to open up and are speaking out against lockdowns for the first time since the pandemic started.

If there is some breakthrough or data that these leaders have knowledge of, they need to let the public know. Could you imagine being a business that has gone under due to unprecedented lock downs and then all of a sudden your state’s leadership just starts opening up out of nowhere with no explanation?

Before joe Biden got inaugurated I was saying this was going to happen. Guess what, it’s happening and nobody can give a good explanation as to why.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Coordinated liberal conspiracy. ]

Look my friends, the obvious problem, and the Elephant in the Room, is the lack of leadership at the top. You know, the demented guy in the Oval Office, taking orders from his handlers, delegating authority and spending most of his time mumbling incoherently into his mask and gazing at the walls for hours on end!

Democrats, please 25 him.....even Kumala would be an upgrade. Shoot, my grandson would be, too.

LMAO at the dilemma the Left has created for America.

Jan 25, 2021, 1:10 PM

Careful what you wish for. I heard Harris doing an interview before she was famous. She is full of evil. Yes, I meant what I said.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:30 PM

link ?

mental gymnastics***

Jan 25, 2021, 12:03 PM [ in reply to The fact is that we don't have the science yet ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other people are doing the trials. The data is there.

Jan 25, 2021, 1:30 PM [ in reply to The fact is that we don't have the science yet ]

You have to look across oceans to find it though. It's been there for a long time now.

Now they're using the DPA to make N95 masks. Soon they will likely mandate N95 masks if we can manufacture enough of them. Known this was coming for a long time now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other people are doing the trials. The data is there.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:34 PM

Tig,

On a tangent, I was trying to buy a bunch of N95 masks for my teacher friends (many of whom are being dangerously forced to teach full classes, full time) and I noticed that so many of the masks available were NK95 and not N95. And many of them were being as deceptive about it as they could be.

If you want N95 masks, be careful to double check the ones for sale.

“This P&R Board is filled with over emotional pre-teens”.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:15 PM

Admittedly plagiarized.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “This P&R Board is filled with over emotional pre-teens”.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:35 PM

Lol

I've been following the science since day 1.

Jan 25, 2021, 1:28 PM

It hasn't changed much really. Masks help. It's very infectious. Hits older people worst. It will overwhelm hospitals. It's airborne and there is aerosol transmission. It will also mutate, and antibodies will not provide long term immunity. It will evolve. There is no way to stop it, only mitigate it. 80% of people would need to be infected (or vaccinated) to have anything approaching herd immunity.

The only thing that is changing are variants and the politicians spin.

The leftist cities have done the best jobs (overall) of mitigating it. However, they've suffered the worst economically. So they're opening back up. They've also had the least number of cases, meaning they have the greatest potential for rampant spread. This is what happened in LA. NY will come around again to have problems. VT, NH, Maine, Oregon, the next wave hits the states that have done such a great job preventing it.

The science says the best way to handle this is to ignore the politics. Wear masks, stay apart, avoid bars, crowded places, etc. Wear masks. Don't swap spit or drink after people. Wash your hands, a lot. Wear masks. And then just be consistent in that and let it churn away at some level below full ICU's. Problem is people are people. We can't be consistent.

I followed the Chinese science, from back in like March and April. It's proven more accurate than any US politician or scientists working for any US politician. Take that FWIW.

If you follow Donald Trump, or any politician, or Fauci, or any doctor who works for a politician, you're not informed. In the US anyway. We are being told only what we need to be told, and only when we need to know it. This BS about variants is the latest excuse. They've always been there. If you look at this politically, you're bound to be misinformed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This science is really starting to get confusing.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:14 PM

MT.

I appreciate your attention to science. However, your proposal of only 2 explanations is decidedly unscientific. I think there may be other options.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic