Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
on the "can't make this stuff up" front...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

on the "can't make this stuff up" front...

Sep 4, 2020, 7:59 AM

You've probably seen this story about the GWU history professor specializing in African and Latino history pretending to be black.

Forced to watch GMA this morning, they covered this story and actually had one "expert" say (paraphrase), "You can just look at her resume and what she has been able to accomplish and see something was up." White privilege? LOL

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica-krug-white-gwu-professor-lied-black-identity/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans

Sep 4, 2020, 8:14 AM

see Rachel below....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not the "expert" opinion...

Sep 4, 2020, 8:28 AM

I'm not so surprised that this professor lied about her ethnicity...I'm somewhat surprised that someone would suggest her accomplishments were due to the fact that she was white.

Although, I'm increasingly becoming not surprised by anything. We are increasingly thinking with our "feels" as opposed to logic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right bewb

Sep 4, 2020, 8:15 AM

Re: on the "can't make this stuff up" front...

Sep 4, 2020, 8:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to respond,

Sep 4, 2020, 8:27 AM

but something really bad is happening to Tnet right now. Check out the screenshot, that is literally what happens every time I click a post.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

weird***

Sep 4, 2020, 8:30 AM

Re: I would love to respond,

Sep 4, 2020, 8:31 AM [ in reply to I would love to respond, ]

been shopping for new appliances have you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cute cherry blossom Chrome theme bruh

Sep 4, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to I would love to respond, ]

;)

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic