Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
remember when we were told if we fired leggett.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

remember when we were told if we fired leggett.....

Jul 1, 2015, 7:33 PM

no coaches would take the job and no recruits would commit.

looks like OUR program is better than some of you thought. way to go Adm. for seeing it was time for change and way to go coaches for hitting the recruiting road hard.

too bad we didn't do this sooner, we might have a championship by now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: remember when we were told if we fired leggett.....

Jul 1, 2015, 7:40 PM

> no coaches would take the job and no recruits would
> commit.
>
>
> looks like OUR program is better than some of you
> thought. way to go Adm. for seeing it was time for
> change and way to go coaches for hitting the
> recruiting road hard.
>
> too bad we didn't do this sooner, we might have a
> championship by now

Don't be a jerk, the people complaining were not advocating JL , they were critical of Drad , and I for one think he handled the whole thing like a moron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a comment like that makes YOU sound like a moron

Jul 1, 2015, 7:52 PM

We're you in the final meeting with Leggett and the AD? Highly doubt it. Were you at last year's season ending meeting b/t the AD and Leggett to hear what was specifically talked about? Highly doubt that too. You, Sir, sound like an imbecile.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a comment like that makes YOU sound like a moron

Jul 1, 2015, 7:57 PM

looks like they got old graphic pegged. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong as usual.... but I'll let it slide, probably time for

Jul 1, 2015, 10:35 PM

your meds and warm milk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a comment like that makes YOU sound like a moron

Jul 1, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to a comment like that makes YOU sound like a moron ]

> We're you in the final meeting with Leggett and the
> AD? Highly doubt it. Were you at last year's season
> ending meeting b/t the AD and Leggett to hear what
> was specifically talked about? Highly doubt that
> too. You, Sir, sound like an imbecile.

Were you ? dA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope! That's why I, like you, or anyone else, is in a

Jul 1, 2015, 8:17 PM

Position to pass judgement by saying how poorly handled the release was.

Re: Nope! That's why I, like you, or anyone else, is in a

Jul 1, 2015, 9:05 PM

Ouch - that's gonna leave a mark on essoclub2.

Spot on IMO.

Re: Nope! That's why I, like you, or anyone else, is in a

Jul 2, 2015, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Nope! That's why I, like you, or anyone else, is in a ]

So you get to act like the leader of the board. You are a. Da

Jul 1, 2015, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: remember when we were told if we fired leggett..... ]

so...... You think Jack Leg handled himself in a classy way all the time? Nope. He was a BIG part of why this was handled the way it was. That's what you are failing to see my man. You blind?

wasn't being a jerk, just stating facts on what was said

Jul 1, 2015, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: remember when we were told if we fired leggett..... ]

around here.

this was before he was even fired, many whining that no coach would take the job and players would never commit to a program that fired JL.

so lighten up francis

Exactly.***

Jul 1, 2015, 11:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: wasn't being a jerk, just stating facts on what was said

Jul 2, 2015, 7:29 AM [ in reply to wasn't being a jerk, just stating facts on what was said ]

I just wanted to say something good about Jack. He's gone, good!

The whole idea that Leggett was given a raw deal, or that

Jul 1, 2015, 8:15 PM

we would tank as the result of some kind of across the board backlash was ridiculous from the get-go.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Or that coaches would turn down all that money because

Jul 1, 2015, 9:27 PM

of solidarity within the coaching fraternity.

Right. There were certainly some coaches that out of

Jul 1, 2015, 9:37 PM

loyalty or respect for Jack would not take the job, but Clemson is bigger than Jack, and has too much to offer coaches and players alike.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Or that coaches would turn down all that money because

Jul 1, 2015, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Or that coaches would turn down all that money because ]

We hired a colonial Atheltic conference coach!?! What is wrong with you guys. You got what you wanted. Jack is gone. But stop making fools of yourselves. You clearly knew nothing about college baseball and just enjoyed being a digital lynch mob. That is readily apparent as you back slap each other over these completely pedestrian announcements. Until we host a home regional under Coach Lee you have nothing to hang your hats on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever you say, Jack.

Jul 1, 2015, 10:41 PM

;)

- H. L. Mencken

Jul 2, 2015, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Or that coaches would turn down all that money because ]

And we got rid of a supposedly 'ACC' caliber coach that was not winning. You clearly know nothing about the real world. Say you had been a top salesman for a big company and your boss tells you that your sales have clearly gone down for the last several years. He tells you that if you do not improve during the next year, he may have to look for someone else. And you don't do better or maybe even worse than the year before. He gets someone else to fill your spot.He finds an up and coming salesman that has done really good in a smaller company and gets him on board. Would you think the boss should have keep the older guy, even if sales were bad, because of loyalty and what he had done in the past and continue to lose money?

lol...for the last several years you nor jack have needed a hat rack.

Jul 2, 2015, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Or that coaches would turn down all that money because ]

lol

null

Yes and no...***

Jul 1, 2015, 8:50 PM

and remember how Tnet always put baseball commits as top headlines...

Jul 1, 2015, 8:55 PM

Oh wait Tnet never did until Leggett got fired and Lee was hired.

Re: and remember how Tnet always put baseball commits as top headlines...

Jul 1, 2015, 9:34 PM

We have a new coach and his maiden work is being followed. Would be the same with any new coach. Especially one that has been so impressive from the get go like Monte has.

Re: and remember how Tnet always put baseball commits as top headlines...

Jul 1, 2015, 9:43 PM

"So impressive" "maiden work"? If being slightly less succesful than Pawlowski at CofC is "so impressivel" then I guess you really nailed it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2015, 9:09 PM

turns out drama queen vivitz and clemfan were full of it who would have thought.

null

Jul 1, 2015, 9:28 PM

Yes, three pickups for the incoming class of '17 sure prove you guys were right on the money. It wasn't like I ever said no player would ever come here. In fact, all I really said is that a Power 5, A-list coach isn't coming here and that proved to be 100% true. I hope it works out but pretty sure whether Lee is succesful or not these kids committing for '17 won't have him as their coach for 4 years. He has either failed and is let go or any success and he moves up to a program willing to spend money on their baseball program.

Jul 1, 2015, 9:38 PM

viztiz is redefining bitter.

Jul 1, 2015, 9:46 PM

i guess you could counter me with a fact - like how much Lee improved the CofC program - but that probably won't bolster your argument.

Jul 1, 2015, 9:59 PM

Dang you sure like seeing the Tigers suck.
You wanted Jack to stay and now you hope Lee fails.
You sound like a COOT!

Jul 1, 2015, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: remember when we were told if we fired leggett..... ]

He's committed. I'll give him that.

Jul 1, 2015, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: remember when we were told if we fired leggett..... ]

Lee will be here for a long time.
When we start hosting and getting back to the CWS he will be paid.

I hope you're right, but the proof is in the pudding.

Jul 1, 2015, 9:39 PM

What happens on the field in those first 56 games! Go Tigers!

thank you***

Jul 1, 2015, 9:47 PM

Re: thank you***

Jul 1, 2015, 10:17 PM

Jeez dude. Let it go. Jack was a hall of famer with an ego to match. He knows baseball but it's more about getting players committed. Did you watch the CWS? Those were grown men, not kids. I've remained quiet through this, but the program is more important than the coach. And what's the problem with the hire again? Clemson is a place where unknown assistants become hall of famers. Unlike USuCk, we don't chase down the great coaches on the way out, we look for up and comers who are hungry and want to win.

Seriously, it's over and done with. Montee Lee is the front man of Clemson Baseball. I would have to believe that despite the want for a change, the baseball fans here wanted success reguaress of who was coaching. So what's your problem? Get on board already.

Go Tigers!

Jul 1, 2015, 10:28 PM

we have 2 hall of fame baseball coaches. Jack was not an assistant before he came here. We would not have to chase down a retiree to make a major hire. You don't think there is some middle ground between hiring a retired coach (Spurrier, Holtz) and hiring a mid major coach? Mid major hiring is working out so well for our basketball program. And, by the standards established by Leggett over the last 20+ years, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about these commitments. It is entirely cootish behavior to go around beating chests over kids who won't be on campus for two years and a coach who hasn't actually coached a game yet.

Jul 1, 2015, 10:40 PM

I'm sorry. But as for basketball, coach BB is probably about to surprise some folks with the recent commits he's brought in. And please don't compare recruiting in Basketball and Baseball within the ACC. Our basketball facility's are the worst in the state, and that includes Furman and CofC, and we compete with the best competition in the country. Duke,UNCheat, Cooze, Louisville, Pitt.... Do I really need to continue this?

Our Baseball facility's aren't the best but it doesn't compare with how poor the basketball facility's have been. Coach BB if nothing else is putting in the work.

Just Checking. You are a Clemson fan right?

Go Tigers!

Jul 1, 2015, 11:07 PM

You're operating on blind faith and that's fine, but there is nothing tangible for you to believe that Brownell will turn the corner. We're playing an entire season on the road this year. It's going to be a disaster. When that's over - much like it did with Leggett - the tide will have completely turned against Brownell. Barring a miracle season in 16-17 in the new Littlejohn that will be the end for him and we'll spin that roulette wheel all over again. I hope I'm wrong and I hope you're right but I've been watching this dog and pony show for an awful long time now.

As for baseball, it's the same thing. Monte Lee was a mid tier hire. Doesn't mean he won't work out. But it doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in me either. Pawlowski makes a very strong comparison (he did do better at CofC than Lee - that's a fact) and he was a total disaster at Auburn. I. hope we don't have the same experience but that's my strongest point of comparison. And while I see no reason to overpay Coach Lee it has to be noted that our baseball staff (unless something competely crazy happens with the pitching coach hire) would pretty much be the lowest paid staff in the entire SEC. This matters for more than one reason - first, we're clearly not committed to hiring coaches at the top end of the sport. Second, with the salary gap that exists we're going to be ripe for having our coaches picked off anytime they experience the slightest success. Hopefully Lee is massively successful and doesn't care that an SEC school will eventually offer twice whatever we do.

Jul 2, 2015, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: thank you*** ]

Outstanding post. Thanks!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 1:22 AM [ in reply to thank you*** ]

just as the proof was in the pudding for JL the last couple of seasons...works both ways

new coach only gets 56 games to prove himself?***

Jul 1, 2015, 10:38 PM [ in reply to I hope you're right, but the proof is in the pudding. ]

Jul 1, 2015, 10:46 PM

why would a home run hire coach need more than 56 games to prove his capability at a program that has been to 7 straight post seasons? Jack Leggett was the only problem according to so many. Bad coaching, no discipline, making his players tight. The talent was always here. Our facilities are second to none. Clemson has a divine right to be a top 16 baseball program every season. The talent in SC alone is supposed to get us to the CWS every year - at least according to Jack's biggest detractors. Why wouldn't he be expected to perform immediately? Or are we already buying him a pass until 2017 to get more of his kind of players on campus?

Jul 1, 2015, 11:03 PM

:)

No I don't remember anybody saying no coach would accept

Jul 1, 2015, 11:31 PM

the position or no player would commit. Turn down a job paying hundreds of thousands a year or getting a scholarship paying thousands yearly toward your college education and "no takers". WHO would believe that?

Re: No I don't remember anybody saying no coach would accept

Jul 1, 2015, 11:50 PM

It was said...Now Spot the Football!

Re: No I don't remember anybody saying no coach would accept

Jul 2, 2015, 12:28 AM [ in reply to No I don't remember anybody saying no coach would accept ]

post of the day. well said.

No..I don't remember that.***

Jul 2, 2015, 6:42 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 2, 2015, 1:37 PM

Who said no coaches would want to come here and no recruits would want to either? Always felt that this Clemson job was a gem and players will always want to come here.....I just felt we could have done the program more justice by hiring a more established nationally recognized coach!!!!

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic