Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we beat Louisville w/out Watson, why not Oklahoma?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

If we beat Louisville w/out Watson, why not Oklahoma?

Dec 9, 2014, 9:59 PM

My prediction ... Cole has his very best game and the defense plays light's out.

Yep, that's right, I said it. We're gonna win and Cole's gonna go out on a high note.

Clemson 24 - Oklahoma 17

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember offense didn't score any TDs against Lville***

Dec 9, 2014, 10:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: remember offense didn't score any TDs against Lville***

Dec 10, 2014, 8:12 AM

Louisville #6 in total defense, OU #54. I think we should be able to squeak out a few points.

null

Re: remember offense didn't score any TDs against Lville***

Dec 10, 2014, 9:03 AM

We also didn't have a run game as developed as we do now.

Re: If we beat Louisville w/out Watson, why not Oklahoma?

Dec 9, 2014, 10:02 PM

I'm with you due west. I have a feeling Cole has his best game against OK.

My score 20-17 good guys. Two offensive touchdowns.

Dec 9, 2014, 10:12 PM

Cole does his best when we are up tempo. Maybe we need to go 2 minute drill every possession we have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the defense and special teams scores those 24

Dec 9, 2014, 10:13 PM

And Cole resists the urge to throw across his body into a pick six then im with ya. We were really lucky in the Louisville game. Aside from Watson getting hurt, everything that had to go right despite Cole, went right. If we want a chance at beating Oklahoma, we are going to have to utilize the wildcat at least 50% of the time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And let Artavis return punts!!!! We need to take every

Dec 9, 2014, 10:19 PM

opportunity we have.

We played two good teams with Stoudt in

Dec 9, 2014, 10:14 PM

We scored zero TD's vs Louisville and zero TD's vs GT and GT's defense is horrible as we saw vs FSU. What makes you think we can score vs OU? Any non fantasy reasons? So when he sucks in this one, you gonna say I think he has his best game the next one? Time to just confess he isn't good

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a strong hunch ... nothing more.

Dec 9, 2014, 10:19 PM

I believe in living happily ever after ... so sue me ;)

Tell you what ... if we lose and Cole doesn't have a good game, I won't post on T-net again until spring practice.

You willing to do the same if he does play well and we do win?

Dude I don't care if you post or not

Dec 9, 2014, 10:44 PM

This is the only thing I have ever been critical about. Cole Stoudt is the only time I have ever said a negative thing since 2010. I can just see reality that Stoudt just isn't any good

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon..take the bet***

Dec 10, 2014, 12:27 AM

According to you, what ya got to lose?

Re: We played two good teams with Stoudt in

Dec 9, 2014, 10:42 PM [ in reply to We played two good teams with Stoudt in ]

As much as I would love for Stoudt to serve a smorgasbord of crow for all of us, I'm starting to believe that we have at least half of our board who believe in unicorns and still put their teeth under their pillows should they lose one as very seasoned adult. I can sleep in my garage every night for a month and it won't make me a car, at some point you have to accept reality that Cole is not a QB. I think any passing done in this game should be done with Nick or we are playing Russian Roulette with half the cylinder full of hollow points called footballs. Maybe he would have been a halfway decent TE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2014, 6:42 AM

I am going to collect my quarter from the tooth fairy, and read my nephews letters to Santa and ask the while Clemson WILL beat OU with stoudt! Now it might not be the flashiest and highest scoring game but, we WILL win period!!!

Dec 10, 2014, 9:16 AM

Oklahoma lost to TCU by 4 pts, Baylor, K State by 1 pts and OKSt, their rival in OT. Baylor blew them out. Their combined records are 37-11

Cole squeaked out wins over BC Wake and Cuse, a combined record of 13-23.

Wake and Cuse beat:

Army
Gardner Webb
Va Tech
Nova
C Mich
Wake

Dec 9, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to We played two good teams with Stoudt in ]

You do realize our coaches game planned for both of those games to have Watson under center all week, than he was injured early in each game. I do believe Watson is a much better option than Stout, But Stout is serviceable and the right game plan with 3 weeks prep he could/should be able to manage the game, and our defense should control the game. Having Watson healthy next season will be great, but we should get behind Stout for this bowl game. Go TIGERS

Dec 10, 2014, 8:24 AM

absolutely correct. Cole's really bad games were when Watson returned and then went out hurt. Cole was forced to come in and run the gameplan that was prepared for Watson (different plays, different looks than when he is practicing as the starter) and I think he was not mentally prepared. Heck, if anything he was suffering from the intense happiness that everyone was showing that he would NOT be our starter that week, and I'm sure he noticed how both the crowd and the team just gave up and fell apart after Watson went out hurt in the GT game. Yeh, he had a bad game, but a huge part of his bad game was the offense's total inability or unwillingness to block for him. When Watson went out hurt against GT, the offense just plain QUIT, and Cole looks like the goat because he was the guy under center? Right.

Dabo and Co. will have Cole and the offense ready. OU won't realize what we are capable of.... we have a little better run game now than earlier in the season - we're developing and maturing there, and 3 weeks to prepare.... we'll have this.

Clemson 24 (D scores one too)
OU 14

Dec 10, 2014, 8:49 AM

So your claiming that the reason stoudt played so bad at gt was because the team quit on him and blocked differently than when DW was in?

Dude, what world do u live in? Do u really think that the rest of the team just gave up and didn't care about winning just because DW got hurt? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

It is true that the Louisville game and the gt game was game planned for DW. It is also true that Cole was injured and didn't get a lot of reps before Louisville. That would explain him struggling somewhat. But let's go back and remember that he was the starter and getting first team reps since the spring. He is also a senior and has been in this system for 4 years. There is no excuse for how bad this guy has sucked this year...period. He had prepared all spring and summer to play qb for Clemson. Just because he didn't have a game planned for him doesn't excuse the fact that he stares down receivers, cannot go through his progressions, cannot read a defense, has no touch or accuracy on his throws, has absolutely no awareness of clock management. But according to your theory, all that is because the team quit on him and blocked different. Haha, give me a break. He is horrible and will always be horrible no matter how many reps he gets or how many weeks he gets to prepare for a team. No coaching can help this guy. Great hair, though.

Dec 10, 2014, 8:59 AM

Try going back and watching the game again, smart guy. I saw badly missed assignments on the O-line on just about every single play. Yes, the air went out of the offense when Watson went out. Dabo and Morris said so themselves in the post game interviews, that the O just "quit". You need me to post a link or can you do your own searches? I'm not saying Cole doesn't deserve a lot of the blame, I said he was not mentally or psychologically ready for the game, and was not prepared to run Watson's offense (again, the coaches' words). He made a lot of mistakes. But the rest of the O sure as heck didn't help him. If I'm wrong you can tell Dabo and Chad they're full of ####.

Dec 10, 2014, 10:00 AM

Post a link to where the coaches said the offense "quit" when Cole came in the game.

Dec 10, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: We played two good teams with Stoudt in ]

News flash...the offensive line has missed assignments all year long, not just when Coles in the game. Other than cole, its been the weak point of the offense all year long. None can argue that, look at the stats.

Watson knows how to avoid pressure by moving around in the pocket, which makes the o line look better when hes in the game. Cole cannot do this, which is why he is constantly pressured and sacked. He has no pocket awareness. To say the offense "quits" when cole is in the game is just idiotic.

Dec 10, 2014, 10:37 AM

"Quit" was my word. There were more missed assignments and missed blocks and guys giving up on blocks in the GT game than any other 3 or 4 games combined. It was a poor game all around for our offense. Yes, Watson has much better ability to get away from pass rushers, that's not in dispute. But if you're arguing that our offensive line play didn't deteriorate badly after Watson went out of the game and our drive stalled, you apparently didn't watch the game. As a former o-lineman I pay a little more attention to the o-line than the casual fan, I think, and it was noticeable. I'm not saying I could have done better, mind you, but it is what it is. That one doesn't rest solely on Cole's shoulders. No way, no how.

Dec 10, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: We played two good teams with Stoudt in ]

And I didn't say the O "quits" when Cole is in the game, I'm just contending that that's exactly what happened in the GT game, for a variety of reasons. That ONE game. The games when Cole got the start and they had practiced all week for Cole to be running things, no. That's why I think we'll be fine against OU. No emotional let-down like GT when Watson went out hurt. We aren't a great offense with Cole starting, but with our D, I think we'll be good enough.

Re: They don't have 3 weeks to prep

Dec 10, 2014, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: We played two good teams with Stoudt in ]

they'll take time off after the s car game, then they'll take a few weeks off for Xmas, they have about a week and a half

Every team but GT Stoudt played against had a top 50 defense

Dec 10, 2014, 1:12 AM [ in reply to We played two good teams with Stoudt in ]

Like 3 of them were in the top 30

Louisville's offense was really struggling coming into

Dec 9, 2014, 10:18 PM

our game. They were by no means a highly ranked offense like Oklahoma. We will not score enough points without Watson to beat Oklahoma. Also Stoudt was playing much better at the time. He has regressed a lot since the Louisville game.

/\/\/\ This......plus Louisville was a home game.***

Dec 9, 2014, 10:22 PM

I slightly agree.

Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 PM

Our running backs grew up against the coots. They are going to have some field days. I think we rush
all over them. Smash-mouth, hard-nosed football. And maybe Cole completes a few passes too. You also
have to wonder if our new OCs will open the playbook for him a little more. Different people, different
play calling.

Maybe the new tops on O can find a groove with him.

Dec 9, 2014, 11:04 PM

One Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 11:14 PM

I like it and TU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From your lips or posting to God's ear...

Dec 9, 2014, 11:47 PM

But the defense won that game for us. Go Tigers

For those that td

Dec 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

What do you "wish" hAppens ?

OK, I'm gonna say it but don't everybody dogpile me.

Dec 10, 2014, 12:43 AM

Cole probably couldn't beat his own eggs. I love the boy but I'd suggest he marry early.

Our defense can handle OU. That will make it a good game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, I'm gonna say it but don't everybody dogpile me.

Dec 10, 2014, 6:49 AM

That may be true but who else do we have?

Nick maybe the next best thing to sliced bread [hope so]. He will be the back up next year.

Guess we'll find out the 29th what kind of game planner Elliott will be.

Agree, dance with the one that brung you.***

Dec 10, 2014, 8:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we get another special teams TD, I say we have a chance,

Dec 10, 2014, 3:09 AM

but Cole Stoudt is an extremely poor QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2014, 6:55 AM

Have you not seen Cole Play!

Because defensive TDs and Adam Humphries punt

Dec 10, 2014, 8:13 AM

return TDs don't grow on trees.

How many TD's can our defense score?***

Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM

Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM

Are people forgetting it took a ST's and defensive TD to win that game. We had the ball at the 1 at the end and had to settle for a fg that almost costed us. You can't rely on ST's and D to score all your points. Hopefully a good game plan will be in place, maybe Nick gets some time as well. I expect a lot of dif running plays, screens, wildcat and toss sweeps. Maybe alil trickery as well.

Dec 10, 2014, 9:03 AM

We all have an opinion on our QB situation and both side's opinions have been presented here adnausium! As I see it, we have no choice but to support whoever the coaches decide to play. Where some people go wrong is they have the illusion that what we as fans think really matters to the coaching staff, WRONG! Dabo has proven over and over, he cares less what people thinks. He's confident in his decisions so let's accept that and just say Go Tigers beat the Sooners! If we don't support our team when they're facing adversity then what kind of fan are we?

Clemsons defense beat and ST beat Lville

Dec 10, 2014, 9:06 AM

The offense almost cost us.

Re: what?***

Dec 10, 2014, 9:20 AM

Re: Why do you think Cole will have his very best game?

Dec 10, 2014, 9:12 AM

What evidence have you seen that gives you this confidence in him? Im not a Cole Stoudt basher. Stand up kid, good grades, nice hair, great smile, Clemson man, etc etc etc

Cole has shown us week in and week out he's not on the D1 level.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic