Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 18, 2021, 8:16 AM

Friday night. Just chilled at the house again. This really has become the norm unless needing to go to CostCo.

Saturday, went to the Woodworkers Guild to learn hour to use a jointer and planer. We took some nasty old barn wood and made it look almost new. Then to Shoeless for some beers and home to nap and football.

Sunday. Went to my lil' wood shop and got started on a C table to make it easier to use the laptop on the couch. My extension fence made me exceed my cut capacity and stuff got a little off. I have between 1/32 and 1/16 of an inch of material to remove from the one board that has a tight tolerance on this thing. Suggestion welcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 18, 2021, 8:21 AM

On call this weekend, by my standards it was actually pretty tame. Have to take back one today to put him back in continuity and close. Had my 33rd birthday Friday. Best gift I got- a contract offer to come back home to SC after fellowship. Lots of negotiating and lawyer review to do, but I think this is going to be it, it’s a really good job with people that I liked a lot, and will be close to some family & on the coast.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 8:23 AM

I went to a friends bar Saturday night which is closed due to Covid rules. It was cool because we just got drunk in there anyway and could just walk behind the bar and drink whatever. Sunday I had a hangover. The weekend was a 6 on a scale to 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tons of fun

Jan 18, 2021, 8:23 AM

Lots of skiing
Lots of playing
Lots of pizza
Lots of THC

9/10

-1 cause I got really drunk last night and hungover now. Back on the wagon of health this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We kept excitement to a minimum.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:30 AM

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Friday, Mrs. came home from her last day of work as a retiree, so we threw together a pizza, drank some tasty beverages, watched two excellent documentaries, It's a Rockabilly World and CSNY: Fifty by Four, and fell asleep in the Big Chair before getting up and going to bed.

Saturday, chores, long hike along the lake with the pup, visit to RH Mom, trip to Publix for supplies and came home and made carne asada tacos and Mexican street corn. Joonyer and his fiancé came over so we could celebrate her birthday and graduation with her shiny new CU masters degree, and Mrs. retirement. Had a great night.

Sunday, lazy morning, then long hike along the lake with the pup again, weekly grocery run, practiced bass for an hour or so, made three cheese ravioli for supper, then watched a couple of movies with the Mrs. and crashed.

18.5/19 Covids, would have been worse if I had bothered to watch Clemson basketball but luckily I didn't. Didn't watch any NFL this weekend and really didn't miss it.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over too soon

Jan 18, 2021, 8:32 AM

Fri - Chick-filA and movie night
Sat - grilled steaks for dinner, 6.8 year old son made dad proud and finished a 16 oz T-bone by himself
Sun - Church in the morning, played inside most of the day, grilled shrimp for dinner, finished in about 10 seconds to end the night

Was alright

Jan 18, 2021, 8:40 AM

Friday: not much, got home late from work.

Saturday: slept in a bit, started another batch of chili, this time with bell peppers (courtesy of Greenr ) watching EPL, saw Chelsea finally win a match, went into work for a bit. Drove past the local mall and Texas Roadhouse and every.damn.thing. was packed, COVID be dammed. SMDH.

Bought groceries. Watched the playoffs and our basketball team (oh no, we suck again )

Sunday: up, caught some EPL, Sheffield United lost, but that's not a bad side. Watched church. Went grocery shopping again for my running daughter who wanted some salmon for supper. Missed the first NFL game prepping for supper. Had wings in the air fryer, roasted garlic potatoes, chicken fajitas, and a deliciously cooked Alaskan wild salmon, dusted with salt, pepper and paprika. And then, cinnamon roll waffles.

9.9/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoyed most of the games

Jan 18, 2021, 8:42 AM

really did not do much other than walk the dog a few times. Looking forward to a warmer trend this week.

Definitely pulling for a Packers vs Bills Super Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So good that I took today off....

Jan 18, 2021, 8:43 AM

Fri...don't remember

Sat...took family up to Bristol, VA. Son wanted to see a new state and some snow and Bristol closest spot for new state for him. Saw a lot of snow. Had a good lunch at Freiburg in Johnson City. Stayed downtown Bristol and kids got a kick out of State St....lot of pics with standing in 2 states, etc...

Sun, breakfast at Bloom, then drove back towards home. Stopped at a welcome center in mountains with lots of snow and let kids run wild for a while. Hit Harleys in Asheville for pizza and football, then home. Run impromptu trip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers lost but I didn't die.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:44 AM

Pretty meh...Bach-ed it all weekend, sick with stomach virus.

Mostly watched football and sucked down Tums all weekend..

Felt better Sunday, so I had a glass of wine with some pasta.

1.7/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Not too bad, but I could do without the cold weather.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:47 AM

Watched a crap ton of Outlander.

Smoked a 16lb brisket. Follered 19B's instructions to a Tee. Superb.

Built a spice rack for the mrs. Made some mounts so I can display some of my favorite vinyl records in my playroom.

Organized our pantry. Did a butt ton of laundry.

Watched some football with the boy, played Madden with the boy, and threw the football with the boy. He officially has pigskin fever. Can't wait to get back on the field and hit someone.

I named my new rooster. He's a Rhode Island Red, so my wife was calling him a Rhodie. I named him Ram Rod after the lead roadie for the Grateful Dead. Plus there's some sexualundertoans to his name as well that are fairly obvious. I think I'll call him Ram for short.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Not too bad, but I could do without the cold weather.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:52 AM

Would you be so kind as to share those mounts?

Jan 18, 2021, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Not too bad, but I could do without the cold weather. ]

Any of the half dozen ways you have to contact me will suffice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sketched a picture and snap chatted it to you.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:28 AM

I can send actual pictures when I get home from twerk.

Sucked b/c Tigers shat the court and

Jan 18, 2021, 8:57 AM

‘Rona crap....
1.5/10

It was okay.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:57 AM

krzywife left on a trip Friday afternoon so I had the weekend to myself...

Friday: Mix of playing Factorio with a group of friends and started watching Person of Interest

Saturday: Took Shuri on long walk, Canes & Tigers lost, watched some POI, relaxed

Sunday: Played two rounds of disc golf at different courses, meal prepped, and laid around sore and watched some POI

krzywife's captain is a crazy QAnon (but not really) person, so I'm sure her GMEHWYW would be quite enjoyable to read.

I shall quote some of her texts:

>Ermagerd, this captain is nuts

>He believes the same things as QAnon, yet doesn't follow it. Supposedly he had these ideas before QAnon

>Farming children for their blood!?

>I'm going to be stuck with this guy for 6+ hours a day for the next 3 days [bunch of emojis]

>Like having kids born and not registering their births so they can kill them without anyone knowing about them so they can drink their blood after they've been terrified while being killed. Something about adrenaline and hemochrome. For fuck's sake.

>And his stuff is just like QAnon. Where is this crap coming from? He also thinks the election was rigged. All the same nonsense. But he "researched" it all on his own and has "legit" sources. There's real evidence but none of the judges would look at it because they were threatened.

She sent a bunch more texts. Apparently he calmed down as the weekend went on, and krzywife placated him.

So I guess my weekend was better knowing krzy wife was flying with ClemsonTiger1988?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

speaking of disc golf

Jan 18, 2021, 9:58 AM

there's a course < 1 mile from our house on the lake. been thinking about taking the wife out and using it as an excuse to walk around. any pointers / tips (maybe more) on what frisbees I need to get started? i feel like sparking a doobie and walking around a park by the lake throwing frisbees would be pretty sick

soccerkrzy®

So I am by no means an expert on disc golf.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:05 AM

A bunch of my friends have taken off on it hardcore as we haven't played ultimate since March, so my information is second hand.

If you're just putzing around and having fun, you really only need a couple disc golf discs, a mid-range and a putter.

Putter: get a Whale or an Aviar, DX or star plastic will be good.

Mid-range: I recommend a Mako3, star or champion plastic. It will fly a lot like an ultimate disc.

The biggest thing that's hard for me is a disc golf throw is radically different than an ultimate disc throw. Must keep the disc flat or even OI (outside-in), and throw it low (it would most likely be a turfed throw if it was an ultimate disc)

If you start enjoying it more, you can get some more discs, Leopard3 is a good fairway driver, Shryke is a good driver. Both of those are pretty neutral in their flight paths.

You can also learn what the numbers mean for disc golf discs. https://www.innovadiscs.com/home/disc-golf-faq/flight-ratings-system/

That's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm just out there for the movement and seeing friends I haven't seen since March 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks dood***

Jan 18, 2021, 10:09 AM

FYI...

Jan 18, 2021, 10:21 AM [ in reply to So I am by no means an expert on disc golf. ]

If you didn't know, Innova Disc Golf is based in Rock Hill. The owner of Innova designed the course on the island behind the house. Never played it, but it gets a BUNCH of traffic. Winthrop University course is where they hold the disc golf World Championship every year. Rock Hill is kind of an epicenter of the sport.

I didn't know that, that's pretty cool!

Jan 18, 2021, 10:22 AM

It's nuts seeing how popular it has become during the pandemic as well.

Definitely.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:31 AM

It's amazing how many times I'm walking the dog and the gate to the island is closed and people stop me to ask when they're open because they wanted to play disc golf. Happens once a week or so, LOL.

They’ve put in courses at the county parks here

Jan 18, 2021, 10:40 AM

in Spartanburg the one in Reidville has a lot of hills the one here in BS has a lot of trees and you go back and forth across a creek. On some Saturdays in the spring and summer county rec will set up a tent and table where you can check out discs.

Back in the dark ages at Clemson we just picked targets and guessed at par. 18th hole was always Ol Green Tom’s head. Pissed off quite a few pedestrians.

Don’t know why I’m telling you all this other than rambling on is better than what I should be doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

To me, that is the disc golf I know and miss.

Jan 18, 2021, 11:18 AM

With how many buildings that have popped up behind the library, the unofficial official course (where #1 started by the bell to the light pole on top of the amphitheater, etc) is probably not the same.

Don’t they screen pilots for that kind of think?

Jan 18, 2021, 10:41 AM [ in reply to It was okay. ]

I mean so they won’t use a plane to take out a baby blood factory or a pizza parlor or something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Apparently not. He's carrying in the plane too, so

Jan 18, 2021, 11:24 AM

krzywife is like, I cannot say too much because this dude is unstable and has the gun.

She said the captain has a persistent dry cough, but doesn't believe COVID exists...so that's fun.

Some more texts on context of what she can do...

>Haha, but we met the inbound crew in Miami and the FO [First Officer] saw my captain and turned around and talked to me and was like, uh, how's it going with him? And I was like, I'm so happy to know it's not just me. He said this captain is the first time he's ever added someone to his NO FLY WITH list. He said another FO he knows called in sick mid-trip with this guy.

>I think he may also be the first one added to my no fly list. We'll see in 2 more days. He doesn't get upset when you don't agree with him, so that's somewhat doable. But he's hyper and talked constantly and it's all this mostly "eccentric" (aka crazy) stuff.

>This morning before we flew I was ready to talk to someone about him. However it seems they already know. I think he's been talked to. Suppose it doesn't take much of a difference to him. But today he told a story about when he was an FO on the 767 and the captain was making fun of his BS. So, he's been doing this for a while. That kind of makes me feel better because it's not recent. He doesn't really seem to like Trump even. Having a "populist" president doesn't fit his narrative for the timeline of our country's demise, though [krzywife had said this dude believes the United States won't exist in 2030 in a prior text]

Ah yes..adrenachrome. Its the giveaway

Jan 18, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to It was okay. ]

She should ask him about the lizard people. It might get humorous.

Haha, too late, she just left on her final leg with the guy!***

Jan 18, 2021, 3:53 PM

Did nothing but drink NyQuil and take Sudafed

Jan 18, 2021, 8:58 AM

and wait on covid testing to be posted. I am fortunate that me test was negative. But this "bug" still hanging on...keeping me inside. Watched some NFL - first time in a long time... equals being bored. Kicked the MRS butt in Yahtzee :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Where do I start?

Jan 18, 2021, 9:32 AM

It’s been going on since 3/14/21

Homemade pizza night on Friday
Worked a wedding and saw a #### Saturday
Ate lunch at Dunleavy’s on Saturday
Cleaned some stuff

Only straight guy walking Marshall’s solo yesterday
Publix run
Played with kids in the yard
Schnitzel for dinner

Straight man?????

Jan 18, 2021, 9:45 AM

Fluff, stop denying the intersectionality of the social constructs that cis-white CAMABs have appropriated from the intersex ethnoQUEENS, who shall inherit this earth, you cic-white-ableist MAN! How dare you violate our safespace by condesplaning your dangerous reactionary hate.

reel productive

Jan 18, 2021, 9:53 AM

Fri - put new tool box together, steak night, finally had a glass wine after my new year's bender.

Sat - built new workbench and worked in garage, surprise seggs, had 2 beers

Sun - finished workbench side of garage, put up a bunch of shelves; hung second overhead rack so all my #### has a place to stay; installed one of them guardian rack things for lawn stuff - purty slick; smoked a beer butt chicken to perfection, had 2 miller lites

only thing left to do in the garage is drop some more power outlets and move the fridge to the side. starting to look like we live here

amazing how much better you feel after not getting dang near blackout all the time

DiffDay,SameShid

Jan 18, 2021, 10:14 AM

Fri, Sat, Sun - went to Wild Wing Cafe three days in a row to have a few brews and eat. Managed to mix in some redhead things this w/e. Watched football.

Woodworking tip - take off 1/32. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit. Then take off another 1/32.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

That is more than I've been to Wild Wings in like 3 years.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:25 AM

I do like the jalapeno cheddar wings though.

It's pretty new here, and it has been nice to go somewhere

Jan 18, 2021, 10:29 AM

other than our downtown Alley which has like 2-3 places to go to. Gotten a little redundant, but having said that back to the Alley this week. Have not had that flavor at WWC yet, will check out. I like the Red Dragon personally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I like that one too.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:36 AM

My general order is half jalapeno cheddar and half gold rush.

Pretty quiet weekend

Jan 18, 2021, 10:39 AM

Spent Saturday building the new workbench for the shop - 10" long, splittable, and integrated in with my CNC router. I'm now able to take a full live edge slab, and do the epoxy pour and plane the top of the table in effectively a single step. All told, this is gonna shave a ton of time off all of my pours, which is great as I'm starting to scale up operations. My next step is probably going to be looking into getting larger surfacing bits for the spindle.

absolutely boring. Can sum up in one word....

Jan 18, 2021, 11:26 AM

COVID!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East coast party don't ever end......

Jan 18, 2021, 11:27 AM

kinda chitty actually. Thanks for aksin'***

Jan 18, 2021, 1:33 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got mom of Covid vaccinated today

Jan 18, 2021, 3:52 PM

Last week I posted about the long delay, but was able to get her scheduled today after getting an email from the CDC Friday. There was almost zero line--1 guy ahead of her. She didn't have any issues with it so far, so that's good. Her next shot is schedule for first week of Feb. She is 84, but still very active and sharp, so staying home has been driving her insane.

She said the guy in front of her drove from NORTH DAKOTA to get vaccinated. I said thats nuts..he wanted out of the cold.

Anyway, hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for this stuff.

Jan 19, 2021, 8:40 AM

Friday: first signs of kidney stone
Saturday: emergency room trying to get relief from kidney stone
Sunday: slept all day
Monday: stone still has not passed

0/10

Long but not long enough

Jan 19, 2021, 8:43 AM

Friday: Worked a basketball game. Broke up a fight. Was a good fight too. Very entertaining.

Saturday: worked around the house. A guy my wife babysat when she was in high school and he was like 7 was back in town so we all went out and got drinks. Did a bar crawl. He's a good guy. A little crazy. Bad upbringing. She's not allowed to converse with him anymore.

Sunday: Lazy day

Monday: Lazy day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic