Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 597

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:46 AM

Friday night, can't even recall what was for supper. I don't think I left the house all day.

Saturday, watched some football and tinkered in the woodshop. Currently building some headphone stands, just gotta glue one more piece and figure out how I'm going to finish it. I don't know if they these will ever be used, mostly just a prototype.

Sunday off to Lowe's to get some stuff for the next project, the to grocery store, finally home to watch Nickelodeon do a less annoying job of calling a football game that FOX or CBS do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:52 AM

It was okay. The world seems a little weird right now. That said, I watched sports and ate well and avoided the cold weather. A lot of Tnet time too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:00 AM

Still think Swoffie cancelled the game so the Tigers couldn't win 2 in a row in Chapel Hole.

Pretty meh...watched some NFL.

2/10 for no particular reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Pretty good.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:03 AM

Cleaned house on Friday. Cooled some badassss venison loins. Tons of fresh garlic, some salt, some black pepper, and some rosemary. Put in sousvide. Finished in a hotazzzzz cast iron skillet with butter. Made asparagus and green beens. Killer good. Played a family game of Monopoly that nearly turnt into a fistfight. Too bad it didn't, because I'm sure I would have won.

Saturday, the wife worked, so the kids and I just layed around. The boy played xbox, daughter watched dumbassss youtube videos, and I binge watched Outlander. I'm well into Season 3 and I'll make a bold statement, "I like it as good, or maybe better than GoT." There, I said it. Do yourself a favor and check it out. It's on Netflix. I also caught up on Cobra Kai. Cobra Kai is good, but it's not soul-stirring good like Outlander is.

Sunday we lunched at wife's 90 year old Grandma's house, went shoe shopping, bought new bed sheets, and took wife and kids out in the boat do to some putting around and fishing. It was fun, but cold as crap. More Outlander, and then bed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Pretty good.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:05 AM

Is Outlander on Netflix?

Why yes, yes it is.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:09 AM

Seasons 1-3.

I think there's like 5 or 6 seasons out there.

It's a "long watch" though. By that, I mean that we binged it for weeks and I assumed I was in season 3 or so, but it was still season 1.

It's got great history (18th century Scotland), some mysticism/sci-fi (that is easily looked past if that's not your thing... I'm not a sci-fi guy), good gore/action, strong female and male leads, lots of soft-core intercourse and tittiiiiees (GoT style), and a powerful love story that hits me in the feels.

Folks I've gotten to try it (my brother, his wife, my mom, step dad, my wife, my sister, her boyfriend, old navy-vet coworker and his wife) really really enjoy it. It's a wide swath of different tastes, so I'd say that it's hard to beat.

I can't recommend it enough.

Re: Why yes, yes it is.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:15 AM

Sounds good. I will check it out. Thanks

Jan 11, 2021, 8:05 AM

Friday: went shopping with ms midland. Both stores that did curbside pick up did not bring our stuff out so we had to go in.

Saturday: had big plans but ended up taking a 3 hour nap and watching golf and NFL

Sunday: had big plans but ended up taking a 3 hour nap and watching golf and NFL

9/10

absolutely awesome

Jan 11, 2021, 8:10 AM

only bad part was I was so tired last night from skiing that I missed the Steelers vs. Browns game. I was really really wanting to see that game, but I was just too exhausted form wrangling kids on slopes all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: absolutely awesome

Jan 11, 2021, 9:40 AM

How were the conditions?

Meh

SameShitDifferentDay

Watched some football, drank some beer, etc etc. Not really anything of note.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Friday was crappy weather-wise so we just kinda hung around the house, IIRC. Nothing major of note that I remember.

Saturday we waited for the chill to burn off and we hit up Riverwalk for a decent run and let the kids ride. No trails since it was sloppy from Friday. Unfortunately, they closed part of the paved trail so we had to cut it a little short. Went home to clean up house and maybe watch some football. Went to grocery store to procure items for the week then made Shrimp Creole from scratch. I have always been a little intimidated by cooking cajun food just because I don't want to fuck up the roux and then it ruin the meal. I took it slow and this meal turned out awesome. I didn't spice it up too much because I wanted the kids to eat it. They enjoyed it except the youngest whose diet consists of mac & cheese, nuggets, corn dogs, and cheese quesadillas. He did eat the rice though. I added andouille sausage and chicken to the shrimp recipe cause fuck it. Drank a few beers and watched Enola Holmes with the kids. Decent movie.

Sunday up and assisted wife while she bathed and brushed all 4 dogs. There was enough hair to knit a sweater in the back yard from brushing them. Grabbed the bikes and went back to Riverwalk, slower ride but we hit SOME muddy trails. Back home to try out the JustFresh crap that was delivered. Made steak with mashed potatoes and carrots. It is cheaper than a restaurant, more expensive than buying at the store. Tasted fine. The cuts of meat were not primo, just decent. Had enough leftover steak to eat with a salad today. Zoom call with Mom and brothers for her weekly update then hit the sack.

Not a bad weekend, but the highlight was certainly winning a Chuck Sperry poster from a raffle online. This bad boy is going to be headed my way soon. I think the latest sales on it are in the $600+ range so that is a nice pickup. I will probably frame it though and hang it on the wall.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice Sperry! I'm jelly.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:14 AM

I have 1 Sperry. Got it for $50 at a WSP show at the Township in Cola back in 2013 I think. I wasn't even a "poster guy" at the time. Right place at the right time.

Pic isn't loading. You got the Spring 2013 one?

Jan 11, 2021, 8:18 AM

That one sells for over $1000 now. That is a HOLY GRAIL for some people.

I have RR '18 and DC '19 now. The resale is so high for some, I am only going to get them in raffles or if I luck upon one at a show.

I am super jelly of yours.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oof, the Phoenix one is still bomb, just not Spring 2013

Jan 11, 2021, 8:19 AM

bomb. I like all his stuff, practically celebrate his entire collection.

Dang, just realized that it was 2011.... Man time flies!

Jan 11, 2021, 8:24 AM

I feel like I was a kid in 2011, but hail, I had a 1 month old son at that time...

Same, my kid was 1 month old as well, hence the

Jan 11, 2021, 8:29 AM

skipped local shows.

Bad move in retrospect. Wife could have watched baby while I partied my face off.

Pigs of you bathing wife while she brushed the dogs?***

Jan 11, 2021, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

This is her. You can barely see the dogs in the photo

Jan 11, 2021, 8:57 AM

but she is smoking hot

Checkout "oven roux" recipes online

Jan 11, 2021, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Your whalecum

Saw this done on America's Test Kitchen or Country Kitchen

Jan 11, 2021, 12:01 PM

and I will use this method next time I need to do a dark roux. Amazing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmmmm, seems intriguing.***

Jan 11, 2021, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Checkout "oven roux" recipes online ]

Here for the pernts

Jan 11, 2021, 8:11 AM

Fri - Pizza and movie night
Sat - Played outside, took McJr fishing down in Lowndesville, he enjoyed busting up a beaver ### and wondered what beaver tastes like
Sun - Stayed home from church with MsJr b/c cough and runny nose, played outside with kids about all day, McJr took his first baseball to the face (luckily the only force acting on it was gravity from a height of about 4 ft)

Good weekend overall.

Aside from the normal complaints, no additional complaints.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:21 AM

Friday, made a Mega Pot of veggie soup waiting for the blizzard, simmered all afternoon while I finished work, then stopped said aforementioned work to drink beer. Made cornbread while drinking beer, then ate, drank more beer and then watched Records Collecting Dust I & II documentaries. Well worth the watch. Fell asleep in the Big Chair, woke up around 1 am and took the pup out, then to bed.

Saturday, a lot of lazy in the morning, long walk with the pup, a few chores, then off to take some soup to RH Mom and watch some football with her. Then off to the music store to see if they had any new basses in. Nothing interesting in the music store, so rode out to the mall to snag a large stainless steel frying pan on clearance from Belk. With the Mrs. having to be gluten-free, the non-stick stuff that we have isn't recommended and I was tired of working with the one tiny pan we have and haven't had time to re-season the cast iron. Did not use said aforementioned pan for supper, Mrs. made chicken tenders with a cold salad from leftover quinoa and asparagus. Meh. Drank whiskey and probably watched something on TV.

Sunday, took the pup out to run off leash around the lake, then off to MEDIUM volume acoustic jam session. Came home around 7 to eat cabbage roll casserole, watch football, and basically lay around like a schlump dreading another week of work ahead until bed.

18.25/19 Covids, other than playing music it was pretty boring.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thnaks 4 aksin again....not bad

Jan 11, 2021, 8:21 AM

Good food all weekend, ending with the cast iron filets last nite, started framing my Natty Sports Illustrated copies for my office, need to chase down Perry Tuttle and get his john hancock.
May be buying a 2018 Platinum Limited Highlander today that has only 7500 miles on it. Friend selling it and it rarely leaves his garage and literally is brand new. Got every imaginable bell & whistle and weather tech mats all around. Yeah, I know...its not a truck...
Lotta NFL FB watching, some really good games played...8.5/10

It aged me.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:30 AM

Friday: nothin' remarkable

Saturday: grabbed some wood from Lowe's to start replacing sections of fence on an as-needed basis--would be great to just pay somebody to do it all at once, but not really in the budget right meow. So I'll find out what the pain-in-####/fence section quotient is, and determine if this project will hang over my head for 2 years, tdrake-style. Short answer: probably yeah, that.

Went over to frans' house for a birfday party they was throwin' for me. I just wanted to do some porch drinks, but of course, they acted like it was an actual party and made all kinds of food and set up a full bar. Was supposed to be 6-8 people, all in our "bubble" and reasonably careful as far as each of us knows about the others, but...about that. One couple found out that some friends they visited in Columbia over the holidays tested positive, so they decided to get tested on Friday. She popped positive. So the hosts, who had hung out with positive girl the prior Saturday (6 days) might have been exposed too. Wife hostess got her second vaccine shot this week, so she's in the clear, for all intents and porpoises. Hubby host got a quick test on Friday and came back negative. So it ended up just being 4 of us, and we drank a whole lot by the firepit. Definitely felt it the next day, which brings us to....

Sunday: birfday. 600mg of ibuprofen, and then commence birfday tradition of parking on couch and consuming as many calories as possible, whilst simultaneously burning as few calories as possible. Couldn't find bedpan, so had to get up occasionally to walk to the bathroom. Got brefiss takeout from Madra Rua, including Brefiss Poutine (how has this concept never made it's way to my eyes or mouth before this weekend?):

Had a Bad Daddy's burger for dinner. This was the Bacon Cheeseburger on Steroids:

Speaking of, Bad Daddy's is like Five Guys on steroids. It's like $14.50 for that burger (but it does come with a side). I mean, really good burger, but it's still a burger. Anyway, will still probably hit Bad Daddy's again when the mood strikes.

Also, the goodest boi Shep wanted to watch football with me. Just kidding, he wanted to lounge on me while I watched football and napped off and on. 95 lb. lapdog.

Solid 9.2/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It aged me.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:31 AM

Happy Birthday!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the question we all want answered. Did you get

Jan 11, 2021, 8:45 AM [ in reply to It aged me. ]

some of that special birthday "torquing off alone in the bathroom while watching Private Society videos on Xhamster with the volume at 1 bar" action?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:54 AM

Change the location to my office/work computer, 3am. Rest is fairly accurate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the best!

Jan 11, 2021, 8:37 AM

Friday: Thought I had the rona. Test was negative. Was told I have a severe URI and Sinus infection. Stayed in bed rest of day.

Saturday: Worked a couple of hours and left when others came in. Disinfected my office upon departure. GF came over to make sure I was okay. Told her to stay away. Now she is sick. Stayed in bed most of day. Watched TV and rested.

Sunday: Same as Saturday minus GF. Rested most of the day, read and watched TV. Hated to give up day with MfOjr. but felt it was best he stayed with mom one more day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinds sucked....

Jan 11, 2021, 8:39 AM

Any weekend that includes Little Caesars and Olive Garden can't be that good.

Tack on the absolute playoff sheeting of the bed The Steelers put forth last night and it just kinda sucked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad at all

Jan 11, 2021, 8:46 AM

Friday: I never recall Friday, getting old and bad memory

Saturday: up early, watched some FA Cup action, bought some groceries and started my homemade, bean-less chilli. Watched NFL playoffs, had a COVIDly (re: masks and three people) party for one of my daughters. Ate said chilli. Had a small kick that I'd later regret. Bed.

Sunday: Up early again, watched CHelsea in FA Cup, church and watched Tottenham play Marine in a surreal background. Didn't do much else. Cooked supper on the Blackstone. So I had a fire call on the chilli four times yesterday.

And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire
The ring of fire

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please to be posting chili recipe

Jan 11, 2021, 8:51 AM

so I know how NOT to make my next batch and can avoid the screaming sheets

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Here you go

Jan 11, 2021, 9:23 AM

2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef, brown in skillet
16 oz of tomato paste
20 oz of Rotel (I used the Hot)
1 onion diced
3 jalapenos diced
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of black pepper
2 tsp of salt
3 Tbsps chilli powder
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper

cooked on high for 6.5 hours, delicious af

Why no beans though? Throw some black beans and chili beans

Jan 11, 2021, 9:27 AM

in there and that is a bomb meal. Maybe chop up a bell pepper in there as well.

Keto is why no beans

Jan 11, 2021, 9:29 AM

agree on the bell peppers, tho. Was lazy and didn't want to chop up more veggies

Hot Rotel is where it is at, uses habaneros. However,

Jan 11, 2021, 9:31 AM

I am the only one in the house that can stomach that.

Now you make me want some chili.

My kids love those little yellow/orange/red sweet peppers.

Jan 11, 2021, 11:14 AM

They have always snacked on them since they were very young.

My wife sent my boy to preschool with a bag full of orange ones. She got a call from the preschool asking her to not send habanero peppers in my son's lunchbox again. Lulz The orange ones look pretty spot-on. It cracks me up that they thought they saw a 4 year old white boy chowing on raw habanero peppers...

they must have thought we were the worst parents in the

Jan 11, 2021, 11:15 AM

world, lulz.

That makes me lol. The orange, red, and yellow are SO MUCH

Jan 11, 2021, 11:38 AM

better than green. But they are often 3x the price.

IKR ? Three greens for $0.99

Jan 11, 2021, 11:57 AM

Red, yellow or orange, $4 a piece, ### ?

That first Spurs goal is a thing of beauty. Inches from

Jan 11, 2021, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Not bad at all ]

crossing the line, the young striker slams it into the back of the net and then does the Mbappe celebration. Nothing like an over the top celebration from a potentially stolen goal while playing a team 161 places below you, in the 8th tier of organized football in England.

Fuck Spurs

Yeah, pretty low brow

Jan 11, 2021, 9:26 AM

If I was the Marine coach, I'd be salty af about it. I mean, they brought on Gareth Bale, against a bunch of dudes who probably have two part-time jobs between training sessions

Bale went from starting at RM to playing Marine as a sub

Jan 11, 2021, 9:28 AM

in like a season and a half.

It was ok. Don't remember Friday

Jan 11, 2021, 8:48 AM

Saturday: had a birthday party for sister in law. Kids spent the night at brother in law's house

Sunday: lazy day. Kids played with the community kids. Neighbor came over and got stumbling drunk. Fun times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Slept too much, Ate too much, Lunged about right,

Jan 11, 2021, 8:54 AM

TVd too much, didn't drink enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Watched pro football playoffs......

Jan 11, 2021, 9:37 AM

Stayed in a haze. Nearly got run over at grocery store. She started backing up without looking as I was right behind her car.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you didn't get squished or go to prison.***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh #### - is it Monday already?***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:57 AM

purty good: bike and booty but no boat or ball. rode with a

Jan 11, 2021, 11:44 AM

couple buddies to eat some seafood down in brunswick and see the shipwreck dismantle. too much wind and rain to put the boat in and no football till tonight.

Pretty, pretty good

Jan 11, 2021, 11:55 AM

Fridy: Worked all day then got a call that one of my driver had pulled off the side of the road and was stuck on the shoulder in mud starting to slide down the embankment off Hwy 17 when he tried to drive out. Drove out to past Jacksonboro to unstuck him and home from there.

Saturday: Went to the parent's house in the morning to set up a new Roku for them. Hilarity ensues as i try to detail the difference between internet, wifi, streaming, Hulu etc and the individual paswords involved that they have written don on random pages in some little notebook. 1.5 hours later and their set up. Get a text from the wife to bring the truck to pickup all the #### she has bought shopping for the house while i was at my parent's. Had to run back into work for an emergency while wife of was out wine-ing it up with the gals. Ordered wangs for dinner.

Sunday: Regular chores and grocery shopping. Made a big pot of pintos all day to have for lunches/emergency suppers and put up about 20 pint so that should last a while. Grilled burgers for dinner.

The end.

Replies: 50
| visibility 597
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic