Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
problem tooth was extracted this am. Turns out, the crack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 373

problem tooth was extracted this am. Turns out, the crack

Nov 20, 2020, 2:18 PM

went all the way down through the root, so if I had tried for a root canal followed by a crown, I would have had trouble down the road at some point. They pulled the tooth, filled the cavity with bone grafting material, and pulled my gum over it with a couple stiches. After 4 mos, maybe less, they'll go back in and install the implant base into the grafted bone. Then another wait to get a crown made up and installed. The numbing med has worn off and it doesn't hurt, so life is good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: problem tooth was extracted this am. Turns out, the crack

Nov 20, 2020, 2:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a tooth extracted last week.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:27 PM

Went in for 2 crowns and once they got started they decided it was best to extract and not crown one tooth, so I'm getting 2 crowns and a bridge.

But now instead of temporary crowns for 2 weeks I'm facing 4-6 weeks with temporary crowns and a bridge. I am so sick and tired of having to eat with just one side of my mouth. It's depressing to think I'm only on day 9 of 28-42 days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heard dat. eating on one side gets old.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:32 PM

I'm hoping to skate by through life without a bridge or dentures of any kind. Implants are pricey, but they're a permanent solution that looks and acts like real teeth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love my existing crowns, better than actual teeth.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

Kinda like licking a toilet 24/7.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got an implant a few years ago.

Nov 20, 2020, 4:40 PM

Took about 10 months, start to finish.

I'll never get another crown. If my dentist starts talking that ish, I'm going right to the implant.

Mrs No says that too. It's a complete, permanent, no

Nov 20, 2020, 5:00 PM

problems solution. More expensive, but your set for life for that tooth. Apparently they do full sets of dentures that fit on 4-5 implant pins, not sure if you have to take them out for cleaning, etc.

I have had 1 crown for a few yrs, no problem.

I've got $11,000 in ONE tooth.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:13 PM

Filling
Another filling
Crown
root canal
Crown
Crown
implant
Crown

When I told my dentist that I'd never get another Crown he acted like I kicked his dog. He also didn't like that I got Invisalign like braces from Candidco for more than half of what he wanted.

Dentistry is a racket. Dentists want to get you on a "treatment plan", which really means "revenue stream".

That's what happened with one of my front toofs...

Nov 20, 2020, 5:09 PM

years ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like you're too young for that.

Nov 20, 2020, 6:26 PM

do you chew on steel or something?

Lots of fist fights back in day.

Nov 20, 2020, 7:01 PM

lol mostly elbows to the face in basketball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: problem tooth was extracted this am. Turns out, the crack

Nov 20, 2020, 7:41 PM

This thread is bull #### without the names as quantities of drugs you are on or were prescribed. Double the dosage and have a helluva weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when I went back to my dentist after some pain episodes, and

Nov 20, 2020, 8:57 PM

found out there would be a delay for the extraction/bone grafting appt, a pain med ###### was part of the appt goal. She was receptive, and offered 5 mg oxy's. I didn't push for the 10's. And never took any of the 5's. Surprisingly, the pain episodes subsided. I have prior experience w/ the 10's plus bourbon after my ankle break in 2014, plenty o' mello in the recliner, but not this time.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

Great you are done with that tooth pain. It is the worst

Nov 21, 2020, 8:26 AM

imo. I shiver just thinking about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 373
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic