Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
per Korncoot's site, Clemson asst basketball coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

per Korncoot's site, Clemson asst basketball coach

Mar 26, 2018, 4:38 PM

Steve Smith has been talking with Jalek Felton who basically has been kicked out of unc reportedly because a sexual assault charge. Details are few probably because of student privacy issues---but ya know its got to be serious for unc to dismiss a 4* or 5* recruit. And while Coach Brownell has always run a clean program everywhere he's been---including Clemson, this is an area that demands light treading....and I sure hope Felton's problems DO NOT involve any sort of sexual assault issues if Tiger basketball is making a recruiting push.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/south-carolina-football-gets-commitment-from-former-sumter-high-defensive/article_3b53f342-30f8-11e8-b6a6-9b163dc9e12e.html

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long shot

Mar 26, 2018, 4:54 PM

Pretty sure you have to sit out 2 seasons of you transfer to another ACC school. Hope I am wrong, but it is a conference rule.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Long shot

Mar 26, 2018, 5:03 PM

Pretty sure it's the norm, two semesters, not years.

To the OP, a guy I work with is a huge UNC fan and has friends in school there. From what he's said it's definitely a sexually related issue. Of course that's going on rumors, so who knows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we land him if has matured and can play PG.

Mar 26, 2018, 5:07 PM

We have a need.

Hopefully he has changed.

Mar 26, 2018, 5:06 PM

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article202919699.html

Why would we want UNCs trash?

Mar 26, 2018, 5:16 PM

Leave the dumpster diving to Auburn and Louisville

Agreed. I'd rather have a clean program and good kids

Mar 26, 2018, 5:31 PM

than championships. Dabo's proved you can have both. I know it's tougher in basketball at Clemson, but if I have to choose, I'll choose integrity over tainted championships.

Re: Agreed. I'd rather have a clean program and good kids

Mar 26, 2018, 5:49 PM

Make no mistake, we've had players that have broken rules and laws. The difference with Dabo is there is a punishment and players have to earn their status back.

That's where character is built and boys are turned into Clemson men. If Felton is cleared I would have no issue taking him in, so long as he has learned what he did wrong and grows from that. However, if he is not cleared, or the act was too severe then we shouldn't bother.

Mar 26, 2018, 6:01 PM

We’ve had some young guys get into some trouble with some fairly harmless drugs. Drugs a lot of young people that age try, drugs good people have tried.

Full on sexual assault speaks more to the core of a person. I personally wouldn’t touch him with an 8ft pole.

Mar 26, 2018, 6:03 PM

We've also had some guys that have done worse, or been accused of worse, than drugs, whether harmless or not.

I agree regarding the sexual assault, which is why I stated we should wait on the results that come from the investigation prior to making any decisions. I'm sure Brownell and staff are already in that mind set, so I'm not too worried about it.

Ok I have a daughter so this is tough but I also have two

Mar 28, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Why would we want UNCs trash? ]

teenage sons. I agree tread lightly and I assume BB knows exactly what he's doing. I have a feeling there is more to this than we know or even need to know so don't judge this kid too quick. People change sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse and we don't even know exactly what he did to begin with. I can't think of many discipline problems we have experienced under Brad Brownell's leadership. Also it is far from a done deal. Maybe we should wait and see before we start casting stones at this young man.

Re: per Korncoot's site, Clemson asst basketball coach

Mar 26, 2018, 6:21 PM

I have a different stance on this. One, he hasn’t been convicted of anything and I’ve heard a different issue. Much what his lawyer is saying, always two sides and he was a pretty good kid at gray.

I trust our coaches know a hellava lot more than we do and if they’re pursuing him, that’s good enough for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: per Korncoot's site, Clemson asst basketball coach

Mar 26, 2018, 6:32 PM

I am with you K. Sometimes a 2nd chance is warranted.

Re: per Korncoot's ‘Alaska is cold’ Fake news!

Mar 26, 2018, 7:16 PM

I wouldn’t believe it. He has been bought by the new coot regime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation

Mar 27, 2018, 12:25 PM

Korncoot learned that Felton contacted Steve Smith about the possibility to transfer to Clemson. Steve Smith informs Felton that Clemson would not be interested. Korncoot thinks of how he can best spin this information to damage Clemson and acts on it.

He is not that smart to think of it...

Mar 27, 2018, 1:27 PM

On his own. Someone told him to rollover and get a treat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More Likely

Mar 27, 2018, 3:52 PM

it was "Close your eyes, I have a treat for you".

Creole I agree there is a very good chance what you're sayin

Mar 28, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Translation ]

is absolutely correct

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic