Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
fellow geeks: How many times have you watched S2:E8 now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 463

fellow geeks: How many times have you watched S2:E8 now?

Dec 21, 2020, 12:36 PM

APM asks because a former lungeite and geek just confessed he had JUST NOW watched it.

Dayum. APM done peeped dat sh*t twice. And watched parts of the final 15 minutes several times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We talkin' bout Saved by the Bell?

Dec 21, 2020, 12:40 PM

If so, then 7

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yo, Screech was hot in the Miss Bayside Beauty Pageant

Dec 21, 2020, 1:26 PM

but Jessie is right, it was chauvinistic. Men are pigs

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S2: E9 was the G.O.A.T. though

Dec 21, 2020, 1:31 PM

I'm so Excited!
I'm so Excited!
I'm so SCARED!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SPOILERS

Dec 21, 2020, 12:46 PM

Watched it twice now. I wish the CGI of Luke wasn't so awful, but it was definitely an awesome twist to the show.

Really not sure where Season 3 is going to go, but they need to get the dynamic back with Mando and Grogu - so I wonder where we are in the stage of Luke's failure as a teacher.

Book of Boba Fett looks interesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

It seemed to me like that was the last we'd see of

Dec 21, 2020, 12:49 PM

baby Yoda. I don't expect to see really-bad-CGI Luke again either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it depends on the timing.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:52 PM

When did the Jedi temple get destroyed with Ben Solo? If we're close to that, we might get Grogu back, right?

Baby Yoda is critical to the shows success I think, so I think he'll find his way back. Maybe Luke will see some dark side in him?

Agree they'll mitigate CGI Luke as much as possible. It was a cool throwback and especially seeing R2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

17 years

Dec 21, 2020, 1:07 PM

According to the timeline nerds

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1) There's no dark side in Grogu. 2) otherwise, agree

Dec 21, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I think it depends on the timing. ]

No Grogu, no runaway hit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turns out it was the for-real Hamill. Not just CGI.

Dec 21, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to SPOILERS ]

The CGI was just used to de-age him.

Yeah, I saw his tweeter.

Dec 21, 2020, 2:07 PM

But the CGI wasn't good, we've seen better with Samuel L Jackson, and even Benjamin Button.

Seriously???? Bad CGI?

Dec 21, 2020, 5:29 PM

I mean, it wasn't great, but it was sooooo much better than Leia in Rogue One that it wasn't funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because the CGI was worse somewhere else doesn't

Dec 22, 2020, 10:10 AM

mean that this wasn't bad CGI...

Hears an opinion most dont like. Luke is the WORST jedi

Dec 21, 2020, 12:46 PM

ever. I was hoping it was gonna be somejuan else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I usually watch each episode twice.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:52 PM

I'll put it on during the day while I'm working and then watch it again when I can really pay attention. Rewatching S2:E8 was funny because I noticed they screwed something up in the beginning: the disabled Empire shuttle said they lost power and comms were down, but a second later Boba Fett gets on the radio and is like, "Prepare to be boarded!"

Breaking Bad's "Better Call Saul" episode?

Dec 21, 2020, 1:03 PM

I'd say about 4 by now

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232255/

Gotta say, that was insane.

Dec 21, 2020, 1:13 PM

The way Mr. Spock managed to defeat Buzz Aldrin with his Meg-O-Blaster death ray gun, I mean.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of the reveal at the end, it wasn't a great finale

Dec 21, 2020, 5:20 PM

it was good, but a little boring and "TV" quality action. Even the stuff with Luke wasn't to the level of Darth Vadar's scene in Rogue One. The Luke Reveal certainly made the episode but I don't really have any desire to watch it again.

But that's just my opinion on it, but I'm glad most seem to be happy with the finale and the show. I do hope they can go off now and do their own "non-orginal trilogy" stories surrounding the Mandalorian home planet. The problem with the movies was their obsession with the nostalgic parts of Star Wars.

yep, watched it for the first time last night.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:32 PM

Enjoyed it and all, but won't watch again.

Seemed odd after all the Mandalorian dogma to have him take off his helmet with no real context as to why other than saying bye to baby Yoda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He took it off before so there is precedent

Dec 21, 2020, 6:24 PM

and the 2nd time he did it (in an empire base, nonetheless) was also to show how he puts his connection with baby yoda over his own sense of code.

The chick from Battlestar Galactica takes hers off all the time and points out he is part of a "cult" so maybe the show is slowly introducing the idea of him taking his helmet off more. I don't know. I like him keeping it on.

But I do think the idea with him taking it off is to "tell" the audience how much he cares for baby yoda and if the show doesn't have a baby yoda anymore, there's no reason to take his helmet off.

S1 > S2, but last 15 mins of S2:E8 is the best in the Canon.***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Outside of the reveal at the end, it wasn't a great finale ]

pardon my ignorance

Dec 22, 2020, 10:11 AM

but is there a star wars show out now or something?

Wow..just saw this

Dec 22, 2020, 12:06 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 463
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic