Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Government cameras hidden on private property
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Government cameras hidden on private property

Oct 26, 2020, 1:24 AM

https://www.agweb.com/article/government-cameras-hidden-private-property-welcome-open-fields

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

oh no.. hope they don't find anything my cell phone doesn't

Oct 26, 2020, 1:33 AM

catch first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have nothing to hide then you should not worry

Oct 26, 2020, 6:26 AM

about Big Brother

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will win IMO.

Oct 26, 2020, 7:58 AM

Unless there's more to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope so.

Oct 26, 2020, 10:01 AM

To me, the issue is bigger than just this. The growing govt practice of starting with a person and searching for a crime (Gen Flynn) rather than starting with a known crime and finding the person, has to stop. Law enforcement is being used for political purposes, which is the scariest thing I can possibly imagine, and as long as its being used for left leaning reasons - the IRS going after conservatives, animal rights, etc - the left doesnt seem to care.

An an open fields case makes it to the 9th circuit: the field in question is owned by Pompeo. Or its owned by Jane Fonda. Guess what happens in each case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They used to do these traps on the interstates in SC

Oct 26, 2020, 10:19 AM

Where they placed a sign in the emergency lane saying "Narcotics checkpoint ahead. Dogs in Use. Prepare to stop.". Invariably the sign was placed just before a little-used exit, or rest area with no facilities, etc. Every single car that took that next exit was stopped, and searched from top to bottom. Friend of mine bit on it. He was a student at Clemson and was driving back to Columbia with his GF. He realized after he left he forgot his wallet. They just kept driving, carefully. Came upon that sign and he took the next exit. SWAT team stopped them. Made them get out of the car. Searched the car inside and out, and used dogs. Then they slapped him with a fine for driving without a license.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have to think about that one, but I give it points

Oct 26, 2020, 11:29 AM

for clever. But no, that seems bizarre. Wire fraud is illegal too, but that doesnt give them the right to tap every call (though we know they do).

The subject does show the degree to which we allow ideology, partisan politics, and cultural truth to define our principles, rather than the other way around.

We all can agree, for instance, that sex trafficking of kids is bad. We know they are transported on highways. So, if there were checkpoints to search all vehicles only for kids, few would have a problem with it. Put a cameral in a tree to watch hunters, with the purpose of stopping illegal hunting (remember, some people want all guns outlawed, period), we have a problem with that. The only real difference is that some of us walk in the woods and have sex in the woods, and very few of us transport kids for sex. Its okay to watch for the latter, but not the former, for purely practical, not philosophical, differences.

So, are we willing to first identify the principles and live with them, whatever the consequences? It is easy to think that the right leans heavily in that direction, the left leaning more situationally, and this generally seems to be the case. However, when Bush pushed through the Patriot Act all the cons thought it was great and all the libs hated it (though dems had to vote for it). But the libs are fine with what they did to Flynn, because, Trump. Almost everything anyone believes nowadays is determined by his partisan leanings, not the other way around. Sad, no?

Put me down for 100% principles first, as best as my emotions and limited intellectual honesty will allow. I hate sex trafficking, and I don't mind the govt spending whatever is necessary to stop it. But no, one strategy cannot be that they stop all the cars on the highway to look for them. #1, the traffickers are smarter than that anyway, but most importantly, human life is not saved by giving authority that kind of power. Identifying a particular human life doesn't change that. The life you dont see is just as important as the one you do. More important, actually.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always thought those traps were stupid

Oct 26, 2020, 4:23 PM

My dad and I were driving back from hunting one night and there was a sign and a flare in the emergency lane. There was a car in front of us. It was the old rest area (now a weigh station I think) that used to be empty (no restrooms). Car in front of us turned off and I told dad to watch, and sure enough, 20 cop cars lit up in the otherwise pitch dark.

They will NEVER stop traffic for a license, narcotics, drunk driving, whatever check on the interstate. Ever. It's too dangerous.

Re: Government cameras hidden on private property

Oct 26, 2020, 8:06 AM

I wish that I had not read the article. That is so wrong on so many levels. The open field policy is crazy. I knew they could hide on private land and watch them for wildlife violations but did not know they could use trail cams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 8:08 AM

holy crap. I had no idea this chit was taking place...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 11:36 AM

i think it is harvest time in the upstate

there is something special in those hills

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic