Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 168
| visibility 1

I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly

Dec 17, 2015, 1:22 PM

tired by the end of the year and how a little rest will bring them back to the same form from the first half of the season. Even Kearse has talked about it. My question is this...is getting tired not an indicator of a poor S&C program? I realize Batson has been off the hot seat for a little while, but I think it's time we revisit that. Players getting tired should not happen at the major college level. I think it's time for Batson to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

tiger james isn't gonna like this!***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What an absolutely ignorant question!***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:37 PM

I don't think anyone would want to go to clemslon***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:45 PM

Re: I don't think anyone would want to go to clemslon***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:48 PM

Geez spell check! So you just look for typo's in post ? Or do you have an intelligent comment on the subject?
GO TIGERS!!!!

Batson. He's not going to like Batson.

Dec 17, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Who?*** ]

Looks like your movement is picking up steam already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: tiger james isn't gonna like this!***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to tiger james isn't gonna like this!*** ]

robertn: no I didn't like hid ignorant comment and if you had any brains you'd understand why. No wonder you live in Cootville you're too darn stupid to get off your duff and make something of yourself so you can afford to live in a real city not a dump! Have a nice day

Re: tiger james isn't gonna like this!***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:48 PM

Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly

Dec 17, 2015, 1:27 PM

You get tired after 5 minutes with your significant other. These guys are still pressing after 10+ games straight. FIRE BATSON

5 minutes? you two must have a lot to talk about...***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You leave CC's wife out of this!

Dec 17, 2015, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

I'm trying to have a serious football discussion here.

Re: You leave CC's wife out of this!

Dec 17, 2015, 1:59 PM

bich

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

You leave bob's wife out of this!***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:01 PM

that's not nice...***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a serious kweshion?

Dec 17, 2015, 1:28 PM

This is a contact sport, of course they get tired.

TIA

Yes. And I think the reason they get tired is because of

Dec 17, 2015, 1:33 PM

Batson. It's time to show him the door.

That's actually a good point. I feel that nagging injuries are part of it but , they were clearly gassed. Not sure he's been there a long time.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2015, 1:32 PM

And it wasn't an issue last year , I gotta believe it has more to do with dept and the number of snaps.
GO TIGERS!!!!

Dec 17, 2015, 2:58 PM

You mean the year we had two bye weeks and didn't play 10 straight games?

null

No. If they were getting gassed in the fourth quarter of every game you could look at the S&C program. Ten games in a row is a long time to go without a break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, the games they didn't get gassed in the 4th

quarter are mostly the games where Dabo pulled the starters in the 4th. I guess one exception is the FSU game.

Everyone is tired at the season's end but 10 games is ...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:30 PM

almost unheard of. With us having the #1 target on our backs, we got everyone's best shot during that stretch as well. The rest will help. Our strength and conditioning is fine. We're the only undefeated team in the country. o__O

Aren't the Carolina Panthers undefeated?

Dec 17, 2015, 1:38 PM

Are they not in this country? Are you saying the Panthers are un-American?

Re: Everyone is tired at the season's end but 10 games is ...

Dec 17, 2015, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Everyone is tired at the season's end but 10 games is ... ]

rudetiger: A fine explanation on your part but clearly much too sophisticated for the dummies on this site! Nothing tires one out quicker or deeper than intense mental pressure which we have faced for many, many weeks. Kudos to you sir!

Sorry I'm late, but glad to see there's still

seats available.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Typical RAG response, just trying to be funny as opposed

Dec 17, 2015, 1:34 PM

to adding to the discussion. News flash, you and your little RAG friends are not funny.

Hmmm...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:55 PM

TIGER BALLS.

That's racist***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:56 PM

It's all about perspective

are you the pot or the kettle?

Axing for friend

TIGER BALLS.

Did someone say "pot?"

Dec 17, 2015, 2:05 PM

#BlackKettleLivesMatter***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to That's racist*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Completely bigoted and adds nothing to the topic***

Dec 17, 2015, 7:25 PM

Dec 17, 2015, 1:33 PM

I don't know about tired but they better learn how to cover the middle of the field.

So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed

Dec 17, 2015, 1:35 PM

to Batson?

Re: So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed

Dec 17, 2015, 1:38 PM

just stating a fact, the little 6 yard slants that go 30 yards are killing us.
That's all??

considering 4 starters on defense were playing hurt

Dec 17, 2015, 1:43 PM

It further attest to their heart and desire to be on the field. And that is the heart of a champion. Throw in the fact they had 10 straight weeks without a break ( thanks Swofford) I think a month to heal is going to show on December 31.

And why are they killing us? And do they kill us more in

Dec 17, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed ]

the first half or the second half?

Re: And why are they killing us? And do they kill us more in

Dec 17, 2015, 1:53 PM

It's according to who we were playing NCST more in the first half.
The Coots, SU and UNC the second.
So I guess the 2nd.
I guess they are getting tired.
Fire Batson!

I knew you'd come around.***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed ]

badb: you are so correct but unfortunately the dummies on this site are too clueless to understand. please explain your thoughts in first grade language otherwise they will not understand

Dec 17, 2015, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed ]

badb: you are so correct but unfortunately the dummies on this site are too clueless to understand. please explain your thoughts in first grade language otherwise they will not understand

Dec 17, 2015, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed ]

Dec 17, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're in the "Fire BV and Mike Reed" camp as opposed ]

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Very York-like. Nice work. Seriously, I would say that 13/0

Dec 17, 2015, 1:34 PM

is a good indicator of an outstanding S/C program. That this staff could overcome the injuries and take so many freshmen and have them ready to play week in and week out is a testament to a terrific program.

They played what, essentially what used to be an entire college season without a break. If the S/C and PT staffs are NOT commended, it would be a shame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, we're 13-0. Does that mean we should just sit back

Dec 17, 2015, 1:39 PM

and relax as opposed to continuing to improve? I'd say one way to improve is in conditioning.

Rest and recovery is an important part of conditioning.

Dec 17, 2015, 1:47 PM

at some point, without breaks, you reach a point of diminishing returns in physical activity. Reduced performance levels are a very good indicator of physical burnout and increasing physical activity will not increase performance, but actually make it worse. You will see a decrease in physical stamina as well as an increase in mental mistakes and breakdowns.

Our S/C staff is awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree with your last statement

When we were in the middle of the dreaded 5-peat, everyone wanted Batson fired. Now we go on a 13-0 run and everyone thinks he all of a sudden is great at what he does? What's more likely here, Batson's program and performance improved dramatically, or our players' overall talent level improved, which in turn covers up Batson's inadequacies?

Talent can't overcome poor conditioning. Fact.***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:35 PM

I disagree. Fact.***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:40 PM

No mention of depth...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:35 PM

Didn't the starters play far more snaps this year compared with last year?

I don't know, you tell me***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:40 PM

Yes, the starters played far more snaps compared with 2014***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:44 PM

What's the differential?***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:44 PM

Why bring caluculus into this when algebra will suffice?***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:45 PM

Ok then, let's do algebra instead

Dec 17, 2015, 1:47 PM

x-y=z

X = snaps for 1st team defense in 2015
Y = snaps for 1st team defense in 2014

Please solve for Z. Go!

Re: Ok then, let's do algebra instead***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:50 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok then, let's do algebra instead

Dec 17, 2015, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Ok then, let's do algebra instead ]

Each post is more ridiculous then the one before. I can't tell if you are a troll, or just an idiot.

In every level of football, players get tired. It has nothing to do with Batson. Batson is very well respected in the industry and is one of the best.

Dec 17, 2015, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Ok then, let's do algebra instead ]

Each post is more ridiculous then the one before. I can't tell if you are a troll, or just an idiot.

In every level of football, players get tired. It has nothing to do with Batson. Batson is very well respected in the industry and is one of the best.

Not nice to call people idiots...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:53 PM

Particularly when it takes you 3 posts to make one comment.

Re: Not nice to call people idiots...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:56 PM

It's my iPhone that's screwed up you jack ####

Re: Not nice to call people idiots...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Not nice to call people idiots... ]

It's my iPhone that's screwed up you jack ####

Not nice to call people jack arses...

Dec 17, 2015, 1:58 PM

Particularly when it takes you 2 posts to make one comment.

Now you're down to 2 posts... and better insults

Dec 17, 2015, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Not nice to call people idiots... ]

Technologically challenged I see.

Dec 17, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Ok then, let's do algebra instead ]

If I could find where snap counts are documented I'd do the math for a few players. I know it was discussed several times during the TV broadcasts later in the season with actual numbers.

Re: I don't know, you tell me***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I don't know, you tell me*** ]

It seems that high school let out early. The same D-bags trying to be funny are on every topic. But as I've said its a valid point. I think there were many things that factored in to this. Depth, 10 straight games. The number of snaps. The offense has scored quickly. Everyone pulled out all the stops to beat us. I think maybe to early to say it was one thing. Maybe a combination.
GO TIGERS!!

Thanks for agreeing with me on this

Dec 17, 2015, 1:51 PM

It takes a true leader to say what everyone else is thinking but too afraid to say it.

You and I need to stick together on this. I'll be sure to bring my "Fire Batson!" sign to the Orange Bowl and I encourage you to do the same.

Laugh more, you'll live longer.***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know, you tell me*** ]

Dont screw with complete strangers .you'll live longer.******

Dec 17, 2015, 1:57 PM

you're tigersincepell, what's more to know?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:05 PM

Re: you're tigersincepell, what's more to know?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:07 PM

Was I talking to you d-bag?

Re: you're tigersincepell, what's more to know?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:09 PM

no, you posted in a public forum & if by chance you're not

Dec 17, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: you're tigersincepell, what's more to know?*** ]

up to speed on current events, it's actually how they work.

does that help? was that helpful?

Re: no, you posted in a public forum & if by chance you're not

Dec 17, 2015, 2:11 PM

Is that a threat? CRUMP!!!!!***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Dont screw with complete strangers .you'll live longer.****** ]

Re: Is that a threat? CRUMP!!!!!***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:11 PM

HA HA HA!!!!

Methinks your favorite Billy Joel song is "Uptown Girl"***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:12 PM

i chuckled so figure i banked a couple days maybe 3?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Laugh more, you'll live longer.*** ]

Should get you through 2016

Dec 17, 2015, 2:09 PM

but barely

so i got that going for me, which is nice.***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:10 PM

Dec 17, 2015, 1:36 PM

The S&C is the reason they were still able to play well enough to win down the stretch. Otherwise, the fatigue of 10 straight would have cost us an game. As well, S&C doesn't do anything for mental fatigue. Batson is just fine.

Best is standard. Is our defense the best? If the answer

Dec 17, 2015, 1:42 PM

is no, we need to find a reason and correct it. I've been watching our defense get gassed late in the games recently, and IMO that comes from conditioning. Who's in charge of our conditioning?

Do you think Batson is the best S&C coordinator in the country? If the answer is no, then he doesn't meet our standard.

perhaps it's mental fatigue? maybe dabo should loosen the

Dec 17, 2015, 1:46 PM

reins a bit on his top 5, ego driven, APR nonsense and take a more lukewarm stance on class attendance?

is it possible there's just too much student in our athlete? i refuse name names, but not every university taxes their athletes with the rigors of academia as much as dabo do.

Are you suggesting all football players change majors

Dec 17, 2015, 1:49 PM

to PRTM? That just might work.

Dec 17, 2015, 1:50 PM

Did @york_tiger hack your account?

null

No. york is a troll, but I'm just bringing forward a

Dec 17, 2015, 1:52 PM

serious question about a serious problem.

Re: No. york is a troll, but I'm just bringing forward a

Ok, so you're just an idiot then.

The problem of what? Players getting tired? Newsflash! It happens to every team in the nation. We are thin so our starters are playing way more this year then previous years

that's not nice...***

Dec 17, 2015, 1:57 PM

I think you're mistaken that its a serious problem. Our

Dec 17, 2015, 1:55 PM [ in reply to No. york is a troll, but I'm just bringing forward a ]

superior conditioning is why we are 13/0 and had such a good run of games. You just seem to be misinformed.

Dec 17, 2015, 1:54 PM

"Players getting tired should not happen at the major college level."
Not sure how you wrote that and expected people to take your post seriously. I think it was a result of 10 straight weeks of football. It appeared to me that we were both physically and mentally fatigued, which resulted in several busted assignments. We have not been physically whipped by anybody this season.

Dec 17, 2015, 2:04 PM

Our guys are physically beaten up, has nothing to do with conditioning. Three weeks rest should help us get our legs back.

Needing to get our legs back sounds exactly like

Dec 17, 2015, 2:08 PM

a S&C problem

He trains the offensive guys as well...

They weren't complaining about being tired and they saw about twice as many snaps in the same games. I just think that is our defense this year. I mean were they tired earlier this year in the Notre Dame game where they gave up a 200+ yard 4th quarter? Those guys just need to man up.

That's where S&C is a problem

Dec 17, 2015, 2:00 PM

People say oh 10 games in a row, and I'm over here like ok, what's the excuse against Notre Dame?

Monsoon Monsoon Monsoon!!!

Dec 17, 2015, 2:02 PM

Or does that excuse just work for teams with golden helmets?

Ok, but their defense performed just fine in the monsoon

against our high powered offense.

Actually.... the 4th Quarter of the ND game is a good point

BV blamed the big plays in the 4th quarter on mental mistakes, not conditioning, but I wonder.

Late in the season, I think the defense had reason to be tired due to number of snaps (lack of depth) and 10 games in a row (schedule).

So from what I gather by that, you're in the

"considering fire Batson camp" and the "fire Swoffie camp."

Re: That's where S&C is a problem

Dec 17, 2015, 2:03 PM [ in reply to That's where S&C is a problem ]

Yea but it wasn't an issue last year. Except the Georgia game. So just feel like depth is a large part.
GO TIGERS!!

Don't let the starters, "start"

Dec 17, 2015, 1:58 PM

Since we are gassed and I agree totally with that. Why not let the 2nd-4th stringers start the first half? Then bring in the big guns for the second half. This will ensure they are well rested. Am I the only juan who thinks this is a good idea?

That's the kind of outside the box thinking we need

Dec 17, 2015, 2:01 PM

to overcome the inadequacies of our S&C program. I like it.

FIRE BATSON!!... but siriusly

I think it's an indicator on the lack of quality depth

So you believe it's a problem with our recruiting then?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:10 PM

Not necessarily, but the 2s aren't getting the play time

they got last year.

And why do you think that is?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:13 PM

You're not going to suck me into a meaningful converation

Dec 17, 2015, 2:20 PM

I can see what you are doing.... that and I don't know

oh, he's dead on. And somejuan needs to be held accountable***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:14 PM [ in reply to So you believe it's a problem with our recruiting then?*** ]

Especially if best is standard***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:16 PM

Dec 17, 2015, 2:13 PM

I think its not just being winded.. its bruises, sore spots/muscles that just cant heal in 7 days before the next game. You do 10 in a row, your body just doesnt bounce back in 7 days.

Are their any known supplements that speed healing?

Dec 17, 2015, 2:16 PM

If so, do we need to take a hard look at our team doctors?

Are we really going to blame bruises and sore spots?

Dec 17, 2015, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

Maybe we need some team mommies on staff to kiss the defense's ouchies and dispense band-aids.

And to provide orange slices after each game***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:18 PM

FIRE JACK!!***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

We did that already, results are still pending***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:21 PM

I used to coach one of the kids who played on the OB team

that lost to WV. He said that instead of giving them time off to rest between the season and the OB, that Steele just practiced harder. He said that their legs were totally dead.

Rest is just as important as working out.

So did our players need more rest

Dec 17, 2015, 2:22 PM

before the ND game when they got gassed in the second half?

Clearly 17 days break wasn't enough...

Dec 17, 2015, 2:24 PM

Good thing we have 4 weeks before playing Oklahoma.

I guess I should lighten up and just be thankful for where

Dec 17, 2015, 2:28 PM

we are as a program right now, but I can't help but think about how the team can improve. It's easy for people to think I'm being negative and perhaps splitting hairs here...but that's only because we're 13-0. Had UNC not been inexplicably called offsides, they would've had the ball with a minute left and no timeouts, driven to the end zone and completed a 3-point conversion to win the game. We'd be 12-1 with no ACC Championship and out of the playoffs. In that scenario, everyone would be agreeing with me right now. So the true difference between me being 100% right, and everyone calling me names, is a yellow flag thrown for no reason whatsoever.

Dec 17, 2015, 2:24 PM

These are not Ironman competitions or marathons. You have 200-400 lb people slamming into you consistently while still running around like you are in one of those competitions. Doesn't matter how much you train, your body will still get worn down once the creatine and ATP stores start going empty. Yes you can replenish these but it takes rest and an amazing diet. We had time for the diet not the rest. It happens. these are kids not robots. They will get tired and there is no S&C coach in the country that can form a program to where humans can keep going indefinitely unless you are watching a sci-fi movie.

Oh, and fire batson.

I like your funny words magic man

I agree completely

Dec 17, 2015, 2:29 PM

with your last sentence

Dec 17, 2015, 2:41 PM

you could not possibly be more wrong. Name me one FBS school that played 10 straight weeks without a break. Do you have any idea about what conditioning any athlete involves or are you simply running your mouth as usual on a topic which you clearly are dumber than a box of rocks about. Your opinions are fine but to show your absolute ignorance about the conditioning of FBS athletes is not just astounding but amazing to say the least.
If you've got one brain cell left why not write a letter to the ACC Commissioner--you know the one who is a undergraduate of a member school who does everything in his power to skru Clemson in any way possible-- and complain to him.
You clearly never played any sport any any level because if you did you would understand that the mental pressure is many times more difficult than the physical pressure and can lead to lessened physical performances which was exactly what happened to us. I'm sure that's way lover your head but read up on it and learn before open ing your dumb mouth.

Dec 17, 2015, 2:43 PM

@robertn

^^^^^^^ found him.

I like your funny words magic man

Called it!

Dec 17, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

GWPTiger®.... meet tiger james!! Who you ask?***

Dec 17, 2015, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

Dec 17, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

Good lord you arent very smart are you.

Also how many screen names do you have bagadouche?

null

I politely asked a legitimate question and you start

Dec 17, 2015, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

attacking and name calling? Isn't that what you've been whining about all day?

Want to know the funniest part about all of this? Some people on this thread are smart enough to figure out the funny part, but then some are actually too dumb to figure it out. Do you think you fall within the former or the latter?

I think Batson is fine. I think it's more so that we don't

Dec 17, 2015, 3:24 PM

have much depth at linebacker or db.

how the Sam H@LL is....

Dec 17, 2015, 3:38 PM

This a trophy post???

Go Tigers!!!

Why wouldn't it be?***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:36 PM

Dec 17, 2015, 3:56 PM

It's pretty obvious why we wore down late in the year. Below is a list by position of how many snaps our starters took during the season. Keep in mind that the 2014 team is 13 games which included a long layoff before the bowl. Our 2015 team has played 13 games in 14 weeks.

2015 2014
SS 678------664
FS 728------698
LB 733------711
LB 704------495
NI 421------521
DB 744------766
DB 638------691
DE 655------438
DE 649------557
DT 481------530
DT 385------366

Sorry about formatting. Did this on my iPhone. I think it's pretty obvious why our team is more tired the n last year.

Dec 17, 2015, 4:00 PM

Obviously the first column is 2015 and second is 2014. It screwed the aligned up when I posted the message

Obviously.***

Dec 17, 2015, 4:03 PM

Dec 17, 2015, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

That's 2.65 extra snaps per starter per game, i.e. 5.56% more than 2014.

They're tired from 2.65 extra snaps per game?

Looks like we have one LB and one DE in 2014 that needed extra rest and that produced all of difference in snaps between 2014 and 2015.

Weak argument.

Dec 17, 2015, 5:56 PM

Not a weak argument when you consider that we have played 13 games in 14 weeks, including 10 straight.

Last year We played 13 games in about 17 weeks. It's different.

Jayron even said that guys weren't tired last year but they are this year. Do you think Batson has changed the workout routine?

Dec 17, 2015, 4:07 PM

How the hell does this have 126 replies.

null

I think you just answered your own question. Be careful

Dec 17, 2015, 4:08 PM

asking those.

Probably because people know I'm right

Dec 17, 2015, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of comments about how our defense was clearly ]

whether they want to admit it or not

Dec 17, 2015, 4:10 PM

College players aren't supposed to get tired. Where in h**l did that bit of absurdity come from. Plus, the only place Batson has every been on the hotseat was on this board, and I promise neither he nor Dabo give a s**t what the people on this board think about anything. Bad, bad case of illusions of grandeur.

If Dabo doesn't give a $#!t about what the people on this

Dec 17, 2015, 9:38 PM

board think, then why did he go off a few years ago about quacking and devil's playground?

Dec 17, 2015, 4:10 PM

When depth is a question, fatigue is a reality. This has to be the dumbest post of the day.

No comment but to say I want to have my name on this long

Dec 17, 2015, 6:20 PM

list of honorable posters! LOL & GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is awesome!

Dec 17, 2015, 7:20 PM

Very good read

Oh and Fire Batson!!

I congratulate you on your bravery and for speaking out for

Dec 17, 2015, 9:36 PM

the good of the football program.

These guys pretty much work

Dec 17, 2015, 8:06 PM

7 days a week. You try doing that for months on end. Then come back and talk to us about S&C

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I work 7 days a week every week. What do I win?***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:33 PM

A discount on french fries and hamburgers?***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:39 PM

I wish***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:40 PM

I wish...

Dec 17, 2015, 9:56 PM

That we could have learned enough to let this thread end with just a handful of responses.
GWPTiger®, is this where you want to be when Jesus* comes?

*Jesus Hernandez- kicker/punter
Top qualities include: Ability to kick through the end zone. Longest field goal from 55 yds. Tackling ability is promising. Drug use is non existent. Offers include: Everybody that has a pulse in college football.

What fun would it be to let it go?***

Dec 17, 2015, 10:53 PM

Re: What fun would it be to let it go?***

Dec 17, 2015, 10:54 PM

Not even tiger james can slow it down***

Dec 17, 2015, 11:01 PM

Completely understand where your coming from...

Dec 17, 2015, 11:02 PM [ in reply to What fun would it be to let it go?*** ]

Just don't understand those fueling this thread.

And while I have now realized that I have posted twice in this thread I wish to retract my objections. But I still seek y'all's approval.
But seriously though... Why are we creating fake problems when we don't have a field goal kicker that also kicks extra points or good field goals (lately).

Who needs a FG kicker when we score

Dec 17, 2015, 11:09 PM

TDs every possession?

Re: I wish...

Dec 17, 2015, 11:06 PM [ in reply to I wish... ]

I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Batson is fine. Ask Dabo. You do like Dabo?......Right?***

Dec 17, 2015, 9:43 PM

Yes, I like Dabo

Dec 17, 2015, 9:46 PM

But I don't see what that has to do with my perception of Batson.

Dabo defended Kevin Steele too...

Dec 17, 2015, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Batson is fine. Ask Dabo. You do like Dabo?......Right?*** ]

Right up until the point he fired him after the Orange Bowl debacle.

And don't even get me started on Napier***

Dec 17, 2015, 11:02 PM

800+ snaps is way too many reps for a defensive player

Dec 17, 2015, 10:02 PM

Against today's offenses, you need to rotate defensive players to keep fresh legs. High snap numbers and 10 straight games took its toll on our LBs and safeties.

We were sharper defensively last year because we had more depth. Think about our LB situation in 2014: Anthony, Steward, Boulware, Goodson, Wiggins, Blanks ... and compare it to 2015.

I don't buy it***

Dec 17, 2015, 10:55 PM

Who had 800+ snaps?

Dec 17, 2015, 11:01 PM [ in reply to 800+ snaps is way too many reps for a defensive player ]

Somebody already ran the numbers, and they aren't too high compared with 2014. Nobody had over 744.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18577218

Dec 17, 2015, 11:08 PM

give me a break dude! that is ridiculous! we are where we are because of this dude! Do not judge him based on the last stretch

What about the stretch in the 4th quarter vs ND?***

Dec 17, 2015, 11:10 PM

Bump.***

Dec 17, 2015, 11:10 PM

Dec 17, 2015, 11:11 PM

Y u b trollin?

Not sure I follow you on that one***

Dec 17, 2015, 11:14 PM

We're number 1 in the nation. I say

Dec 17, 2015, 11:29 PM

don't change a thing!

I think, 'Lil Lady

Dec 17, 2015, 11:51 PM

you need to keep your opinions (on Batson) upyerass like LightenUpFrancis' pride while your hand on York's hooter..and not break that little RAG chain.

10 weeks straight with little rotation...crank on Coach V as to why. I bet his resulting contorted face to your uneducated challenge will send a stream of hot pee down your leg that will cause a blister that won't heal until after Valentine's Day and rob you of a box of candy.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I think, 'Lil Lady***

Dec 17, 2015, 11:53 PM

Replies: 168
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic