Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what's the Lunge verdict on the new Defender?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 488

what's the Lunge verdict on the new Defender?

Feb 9, 2021, 2:14 PM

I'm thinking of trading the F-Pace for one. Looks like a beast

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whats the square thing in the back window?

Feb 9, 2021, 2:19 PM

It looks too much like a honda element to me.

It took TFL 3 tries to get one they could drive. I think id wait to see how the new Bronco will do if i was in that market.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm, guess I can see a little Element.

Feb 9, 2021, 3:02 PM

Worst comparison I see on monochromatic ones from the front 1/4 view is a Ford Flex.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told you what the box was, now you

Feb 9, 2021, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Whats the square thing in the back window? ]

are just playing dumb.

It looks good with the right trim, but I would still pick up the Yukon AT4 before any other SUV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is it?***

Feb 9, 2021, 3:42 PM

Quick tangent......what's your hot take on TFL?

Feb 9, 2021, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Whats the square thing in the back window? ]

I want to like em, and do watch some videos, but they just come off as ginormous nerds, especially the guy's kid. Feels like they don't know anything about trucks unless it was on the manufacturer's press release....I think the old guy keeps them straight on towing stuff, but they're just terrible with the off-road stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The exact same

Feb 9, 2021, 3:46 PM

I like the cars they get, and some of the tests, but I spend a lot of time fast fwding

The kid gets on my nerves. If Blockbuster was still in business, he'd be a video guy complaining because someone didn't rewind the last 5 VHS tapes. He actually kind of looks like the movie theater guy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Well clearly your reliability bar is low....

Feb 9, 2021, 2:27 PM

So DEW IT!

They are growing on me, but for the price not sure I'd ever want one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no verdict here, butt

Feb 9, 2021, 2:29 PM

how do you like the F-Pace?

love the F-Pace; just thinking we

Feb 9, 2021, 4:15 PM

might need a third row soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dig it, but don't see you all about that #adventurelyfe?

Feb 9, 2021, 2:44 PM

Why not just get the Disco 5?

not as much off road as I would like

Feb 9, 2021, 5:02 PM

but I do travel to my parents mountain place frequently during the winter. There are some national forests around them with hundreds of miles of roads where I wouldnt take the jag

I thought they were ugly at first but the more I see them

Feb 9, 2021, 3:03 PM

driving around the more they grow on me.

So CA and KMS want a vehicle I've considered......

Feb 9, 2021, 3:11 PM

@#$@#$. This thing's gonna be the next G-wagen.

Doesn't the entry level price point actually make its

Feb 9, 2021, 3:19 PM

intended use irrelevant?

Also, when did I get to be the lunge example of poor taste?

poor taste? Not at all, m'lady.

Feb 9, 2021, 3:24 PM

Just saying, I'd be taking it off-road quite a bit. More overlanding than muddin' and rock bashing---sort of grew out of those when I hit my 20's, but trail use for sure. Maybe you and CA will as well, but I don't get that impression.

Point being, much like the G-wagen, it has a utilitarian raison d'etre, with ample products in the manufacturer catalog for those caring more about style than fording depth. Also, much like the g-wagen, it's probably no longer my thing when the 99th percentile use case for its owners is hopping the curb at soccer practice.

When I drove Land Rovers we actually did a good bit of off

Feb 9, 2021, 3:32 PM

roading... alas kiddies came along and transporting them comfortably became more important.

Contrary to popular belief/knowledge the area of FL I live in has a good bit of agricultural/rural area in additional to being right on the coast. What this means is lots of rich people with their 2nd or 3rd homes and also rich rednecks. The number of Bentleys I see daily is about equal to the number of lifted trucks.

Honestly, I still think the G-Wagon is dope but it's probably not something I'd actually buy. Maybe the new GL. My friend with an X7 spends more time in the shop than not, and I ain't got time for that.

Thinking about going the Tesla Y route with the next vehicle.

They've grown on me a lot and 2 door > 4 door.

Feb 9, 2021, 3:30 PM

I'd still prefer the Bronco, though, and not just because of the price advantage.

when I start pricing out a bronco, it gets $$$ way too fast

Feb 9, 2021, 5:01 PM

also, bronco's towing isnt that great

The defender wont be either.

Feb 9, 2021, 5:09 PM

Its a heavy truck with a V6.

I had an '04 Discovery years ago that was supposed to tow 7700#. If you look into that, that was in low range 4x4.

I think the new defender is in that same range.

Replies: 19
| visibility 488
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic