Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
looks like we're going to have 7 are 8 players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

looks like we're going to have 7 are 8 players

Jan 13, 2016, 2:09 AM

on defense to leave the Clemson family to enter the nfl draft. Good Luck Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: looks like we're going to have 7 are 8 players

Jan 13, 2016, 2:11 AM

This season was one to remember and I'm hoping and praying the Clemson family will have plenty and many more like this season to remember.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:36 AM

I wouldn't go that far. From info I have (player) I expect 4 on defense.
Mack
Kearse
Dodd
Green or Tank (probably Green)

Jan 13, 2016, 2:37 AM

Wait I didn't understand the post haha. It's late. Add in shaq and Watkins and Goodson. You're completely right my friend. Apologies. Time for me to go to bed.

Goodson's a senior

Jan 13, 2016, 3:03 AM

We'll probably lose 6 maybe 7 in total but I'd say only about 4 are leaving early.

Draft:
1. Shaq
2. Mack
3. Dodd
4. Kearse

Seniors:
1. Goodson
2. Reader

I think the defense will actually be better though. We'll lose experience but gain talent with this recruiting class and redshirts.

Re: Goodson's a senior

Jan 13, 2016, 3:42 AM

I don't think Watkins leaves early. I think the front 7 stays equally as good, but with Kearse & Mack leaving the secondary will suffer. It is hard to replace the production of Mack as a CB. Kearse was able to come down into the box and play the run, which I think he did a lot of. I think Baker and Fields along with Tank(if he stays) will hold down the perimeters. Jadar and Green will do a good job, but the backend will suffer. Just my opinion

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll probably be a slight drop off in the secondary but

Jan 13, 2016, 3:53 AM

There will be a gain in the lb's ability to cover with O'daniel starting and Shaq Smith coming in.

Jadar is a better cover safety.....

Jan 13, 2016, 4:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Goodson's a senior ]

....he might not be what Kearse is in run support but what he lacks there he makes up in coverage. Plus we will have way more depth at the LB position with Boulware, Chad Smith, O'Daniel, Shaq Smith, Lamar all of whom are top 250 players nationally coming out of high school.

Re: Jadar is a better cover safety.....

Jan 13, 2016, 4:44 AM

This post is underrated.

BV had to use Kearse in the box BC of the lack of quality LB play at the Sam LB position.

Losing Wiggins hurt this team. Remember Wiggins took blanks job, with him coming back blanks saw the writing on the wall. Wiggins is alot better at coverage too, On Howard wouldn't have burnt Wiggins(and I'm aware the busted coverages werent on blanks, but Kiffin isolated blanks for multiple key 1st down plays.)

Now BV can use his Safeties anyway he wants which will make this defense even more versatile and creative.

Also Adrian Baker in man2man has me believing next years Secondary will be good, he stepped right in and lined up against Ridley and made him a non factor. There wasn't much room for the Bama Wrs out on the boundaries.

With a more Athletic LB core and the ability to rotate those guys the defense should be going strong in the 4th.

We all know Dan Brooks and Marion hobby with the talent the tigers have accumulated will field a nasty DL.

This defense will def be better by mid season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Jadar is a better cover safety.....

Jan 13, 2016, 9:11 AM

Does Tanner Muse see the field??

Jan 13, 2016, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Goodson's a senior ]

I think you may be a bit off. Mac still isn't a lock to leave early, although it could very well happen. While Mac is supremely talented, his absence and an offseason for Baker and and Fields could show major improvement. Baker's speed is on par with Mac, and being a couple inches taller is only a plus. Baker is slowly earning his stripes. On the other hand, Fields may be the fastest player on the returning defense. A year of strength and conditioning could produce a star in him. While Kearse was great in run support, his cover skills and determination were lacking on the back end of the season. Mark my words now, Van Smith will be a star and just as capable as Kearse at covering the back end and helping on the edge. Only thing lacking is length, but that's where Jeffrie Gibson comes in. He could very well be a star as well! Don't forget about Muse either! A healthy Wiggins will be the x-factor next season, and I fully expect us to return to form in 2016. With the addition of Tré, Rahshaun and Chad to the LB corps, I think we receive an instant upgrade in some areas, but Joseph and Williams won't take a backseat to anyone. Add in Big Dex, Wilkins, Pagano, Robinson, Watkins, Johnson, Cervenka, Pinkney, Ferrell, Bryant, Yeargin and Kelly and we have supreme talent on the front 7. I see 2016 being of equal production, and all of those "maybe" juniors would be a plus.

Jan 13, 2016, 9:02 PM

I believe that Van Smith will be a star for sure. The few times Baker has been put in a position to make a difference, he has impressed me. I think not having two rangy safeties will show up. I think that the two of them being able to help in run support helped with a few games. I do believe that Jadar will lead the secondary, just concerned about the other safety spot. The front 7 doesn't worry me. I know the talent, skills, and depth(more of this coming year) are there. By mid season the front 7 will be one of the more dominate ones in CFB.

Jan 13, 2016, 6:22 AM [ in reply to Re: looks like we're going to have 7 are 8 players ]

All those guys would improve their stock by staying one more year. JMO. Especially Mac with that injury, Dodd wont go before Lawson. Kearse needs to get better on coverage, and Green would also benefit. Having said that, they will do what they want to do. At the very least, we have Bryant, Pagano, Watkins, Wilkins, Boulware, Yeargin, Wiggins, Huggins and Big Dex coming in as well. We will once again be very talented across the board. These guys along with probably THE best offense in college football will bring a Natty to Clemson next year. This year was a bonus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you guys actually read what you have posted?

Jan 13, 2016, 6:04 AM

I believe you need to spend more time studying English and less time posting on TigerNet.

Re: Do you guys actually read what you have posted?

Jan 13, 2016, 8:59 AM

I know youre not talking about me. If you have a hard time reading what I posted, ask questions, Ill explain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally don't think Kearse or Green

Jan 13, 2016, 9:29 AM

are ready for the NFL yet, but it sounds like they're both gone. Both players are extremely athletic and will test well at the combine, but they were also both completely lost at times this year. They could both use another year of experience and playing time.

Still holding out hope that Tankersley comes back (who could use another year as well), but it could be an all new secondary next year.

Re: Personally don't think Kearse or Green

Jan 13, 2016, 10:17 AM

At S we are fine, JJ/Muse/Van/Gibson are ready. Wiggins is a difference maker.

Baker & Fields are good but depth would be a concern if someone went down.

DE - I don't like both leaving but we have a ton of cats ready to roll there.

Either way, with DW4 nobody is beating us again.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Personally don't think Kearse or Green

Jan 13, 2016, 10:26 AM

I think it would bode well for both of them to come back. Safeties are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Hopefully they will consult Brian Dawkins for advice.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic