Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The infamous double-double is in reach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The infamous double-double is in reach

Dec 7, 2020, 7:33 PM

Even with a strange and weird season an enormous feat for the history books is still in play for this Tiger team. A double-double. 10 10 win seasons in a row. Here’s an old article from SI with some great stats on the “double double”.
https://www.si.com/college/clemson/football/clemson-football-the-gold-standard

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win one more, and it's rarified air for sure...

Dec 7, 2020, 7:39 PM

..."With another 10-win season in 2020, Clemson would become only the third program in FBS history to produce a “double-double” — double-digit wins in a double-digit number of consecutive seasons." The Tide is right there with us this year as well. Great time to be a Tiger fan!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: The infamous double-double is in reach

Dec 7, 2020, 8:02 PM

Great post. It gives me a thrill to read just how dominant the Clemson Tigers have been ....... for years.

LETS GET THE NEXT BIG ONE,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Articles like this are misleading

Dec 7, 2020, 8:09 PM

Until very recently the regular season was 11 games, there were no conference championship games and no playoffs. As recently as Tommy Bowden we played an 11 game regular season.

The 12 game regular season started in 2006.

The ACCCG started in 2005.

The playoffs started in 2014.

Historically you had an 11 game regular season and a bowl game. 10 wins until very recently was very hard to achieve.

Re: Articles like this are misleading

Dec 7, 2020, 8:11 PM

Who pi55ed in your coffee?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Articles like this are misleading

Dec 7, 2020, 8:28 PM

Ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

lol no one why?

Dec 7, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Articles like this are misleading ]

I’m simply pointing out its very misleading.

For example, the article states Clemson only has 6 seasons with 12 wins and Dabo has 5 of them. As if other coaches at Clemson sucked.

1978 11-1
1981 12-0

You had to go 12-0 and win a national championship to get 12 wins until the Tommy Bowden years.

People like you need to chill. I’m a CU grad are you? I love Clemson but context matters.

Not taking anything away from Dabo, simply pointing out this level of winning was impossible until very recently.

Facts are no longer allowed in today's society.***

Dec 7, 2020, 11:48 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One schools streak for sure comes to an end this year. The

Dec 8, 2020, 9:32 AM

Nut Necklaces had a streak of 8 straight season with ELEVEN or more wins, going into this year. Even if they were to be let into the CFP, and win it all, they still would only have played ten games this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One schools streak for sure comes to an end this year. The

Dec 8, 2020, 3:28 PM

In reading this article I got the impression that the writer was referring to college football since the playoffs have been in place. I think he was trying to focus of the consistency of the Tiger program in this period of extra games. Obviously earlier teams didn’t have the opportunity to play a dozen or more games as the better teams do today.
In this decade, the Tigers have been extremely consistent as has a few other teams. In no way does that reflect on teams from the 60s or 70s or 80s! It should be noted that due to the playoff series that we now have, a number of the games have been against quality programs. Like Oklahoma and OSU and LSU and Bama etc. Winning on a consistent basis in that situation is no small feat. Tigers are at the top. Enjoy it. Hopefully it isn’t going away.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic