Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m surprised the judge isn’t here to give a smart ###
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 3,343

I’m surprised the judge isn’t here to give a smart ###

Feb 26, 2020, 9:59 AM

Comment on how brownell must of taught them how to shoot or something.

10 years....

Nothing will change big picture. Stop being delusional thinking it will.

He is Tommy Bowden

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m surprised the judge isn’t here to give a smart ###

Feb 26, 2020, 10:14 AM

Is he not allowed to have his own opinion or just you ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 10:43 AM

2000 - I don't post on here often, but last week I posted a one-sentence statement that said "I think we need a new coach because we haven't been very good at basketball under Brownell."

That's all I put. My opinion. And - factually - we have not been good. What do we have, 2 NCAA tourney wins in 10 years?

I said my post in one sentence as clear as I could, as simply as I could.

Judge and a couple others jumped on my one-sentence post as if I might-as-well had said "I hate Clemson" or something. The typical replies flew in such as "well, who do we go get?" etc

The Brownell defending is ridiculous. We have gotten nothing as far as results. We settle for mediocrity in basketball.

Re: how can you call yourself 'top fan'

Feb 26, 2020, 11:54 AM

Calling out Mr I'm the Top Fan--check the standings: every school in the ACC--still the destination for many top coaches and players in the nation--is "settling for mediocrity. " Except 4.

Many of those schools have much more heritage, university and fan support, and better recruiting classes than we do, and yet little ol' red-headed stepchild Clemson is right there with them.

Maybe because you're a 'Top fan' and all, you think you're entitled to something better. If so, then go join the Chicken-lovers who created a whole university identity as 'the entitled ones.' I've never known Clemson to be about 'entitled' people.

I know there are some great fans on here that live and die Clemson. They pay attention to what goes on in games, and they are more tired of the up-and-down than you are. They are truly 'top fans', because they are emotionally invested in their team, win or lose.

But some of you only show up when you're ashamed of your Clemson ring and you want to take it out on somebody.

It's not about Clemson, is it? It's about you, and how you feel about Clemson after a loss. Is that what a 'top fan' does?

JK said that if moving on from Coach B means we are actually getting serious about basketball, he'd get behind the move. But most of his critics don't know what 'getting serious about basketball ' means.

And how ignorant do you have to be to think that moving on from Tommy Bowden automatically gives you the 2015-2020 version of Dabo Swinney? Sometimes it gives you Chris Scelfo, who went 37-57 at Tulane after TB left. Or if you get lucky, you get the 2008-2011 version of Dabo, who lost the Meineke Car Care Bowl and got us blown out in the Orange Bowl. How did you feel about your Clemson ring after that game, eh?

Be careful what you wish for, and if you're truly a 'top fan', get on the wagon win or lose. There's plenty of ways to bemoan missed opportunities than to accuse 72% of the collective ACC fanbase of loving mediocrity.

^^ Exactly.

Feb 26, 2020, 10:33 AM

Silence speaks volumes.

Play was sloppy and undisciplined. No reason for us not to show and play better.

TB II for sure.

Re: ^^ Exactly.

Feb 26, 2020, 10:41 AM

Most up and down team I think I have ever seen. Seems to be a common theme for CBB era. Play up for big teams and below low teams! Sad we lost last night as I was starting to buy the ice cream. But it melted again.

Feb 26, 2020, 10:57 AM

stating your opinion is one thing but calling out another poster for their opinion is cheap.

I was disappointed in the loss and had hoped we had built momentum heading to the FSU game this Saturday. Hopefully it was an off night and we'll take care of business this weekend. In baseball too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 2:35 PM

TopFan, you are entitled to your opinion as well as is everyone without being ridiculed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 3:35 PM

You're right.

I came on pretty aggressively. I do commend TopFan for voicing an opinion on a controversial topic.

I should have welcomed you to the board and been a little easier on the rookie. The basketball board is a tough place to earn your points.

In my "defense", however, and I finished my post with this thought, the solution to our basketball problem has to involve more than just "don't settle for mediocrity."

Whether you like Coach B or not, I encourage all fans to get invested with these Tigers, knowing full well the top end is the NIT unless a miracle happens.

Feb 26, 2020, 2:59 PM

He’s waiting on the next social media influencer check from
Brownell’s agent to clear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

There isn't much to say. We didn't shoot the ball well.

Feb 26, 2020, 8:34 PM

I was afraid that the law of averages would rear its ugly head. It should be pretty obvious that we weren't going to continue shooting over 50% on three pointers every game.

I said the other day that I thought we would split with GT. Playing the same team twice within a two week span is a tough scenario, especially against a team that is pretty much our equal this year.

I was impressed with GT's defense. We looked confused on offense most of the night. When we did get open shots, we tended to miss them.

Aamir played well overall, but he was unable to get us baskets in the second half when we really needed them. Credit GT's defense for that.

I expect us to bounce back against FSU at home this weekend. They are clearly a great team, and we don't match up well against them due to their length, but I'm hopeful that our team's grit and a loud crowd will be enough to help us get another big W.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Turnovers were a bigger issue than the poor shooting

Feb 26, 2020, 10:32 PM

that's 2 straight games we've been sloppy. FSU will eat us alive if that continues. We'll need probably our best game of the year to beat them.

I agree that turnovers hurt us, but shooting hurt us more.

Feb 27, 2020, 2:50 PM

We were 2-20 on threes against GT. Even if we shot just 30% on threes, we would've had an additional 12 points. That would've been more than enough points to win, despite the 16 turnovers.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 27, 2020, 12:02 AM

I'm good with whatever as long as he's fired at the end of the year. He's a mediocre coach and u can find mediocre anywhere.

Most likely DRad will have to re-up him after this year and then we'll be sitting here in 2021 @ 2022 wondering why we just lost to a 12-14 Wake and whether we can upset someone to get an NIT bid.

Amazing how after 10 years u can get a pretty good read on a coach

Do you think Duke's message boards are filled with whiny

Feb 27, 2020, 2:52 PM

posts like yours about how inconsistent Duke is since they lost to Wake?

Or do you think their basketball fans understand that basketball teams are inconsistent by nature?

This isn't football.

Re: Do you think Duke's message boards are filled with whiny

Feb 27, 2020, 3:11 PM

I think anyone who would compare what Duke fans should complain and what Clemson fans should complain probably loses any credibility in the argument.

Some bootlicker who spends 5 months in the winter crying about how a over glorified high school coach doesn't have what he needs to consistently get us to the NIT tells someone else their whining. Gotcha

Link to over glorified high school coach?***

Feb 27, 2020, 4:01 PM

Feb 27, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Duke's message boards are filled with whiny ]

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Feb 27, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Duke's message boards are filled with whiny ]

The contrast in the programs doesn't cancel out the similarities in the complaints. It emphasizes them.

It should illustrate for us what is common to the game itself. Clemson basketball is no more inconsistent than any of the other 318 programs not in the Top 20, and only slightly more than some of those top teams.

If you want consistency, root for Gonzaga. Or your local high school.

I did a quick search of some Duke message boards and found

Feb 27, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Do you think Duke's message boards are filled with whiny ]

them to be full of posts complaining about how inconsistent Duke is. I saw one beauty talking about how Duke will run into some mediocre mid major team in the tournament and get smoked. Hth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I stopped reading after the 2nd response in the...

Feb 27, 2020, 3:57 PM

very 1st thread on Duke’s 247 site.

“They can. But they've been so wildly inconsistent it's hard to predict which Duke team you will see in a 6 game sample size.”

https://247sports.com/college/duke/board/59461/Contents/can-this-duke-team-flip-the-switch-in-march-144283678/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Karen isn't going to like this....

Feb 27, 2020, 4:02 PM

Maybe she needs to get on their boards to educate them about basketball as well?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Great idea!

Feb 27, 2020, 4:03 PM

I'll add that to my list of to-dos, after reading your super informative and helpful posts.

So their fans also need a primer on

Feb 27, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I did a quick search of some Duke message boards and found ]

college basketball teams being consistently inconsistent.

Feb 27, 2020, 6:57 AM

Since we have no history in men’s basketball and there is no better coach we can get (according to many posters on this board), it seems we are doomed to mediocrity. Let’s give up on men’s basketball and invest in other sports where we can get a good coach and excel. Flame away.

Link to a post here by anyone stating that we can't

Feb 27, 2020, 2:53 PM

do better?

do you guys really want to run off a good poster because

Feb 27, 2020, 3:08 PM

You don’t agree with them ?

Just because we don’t agree about things doesn’t mean we can’t be friends or at least civil. We don’t need to bring this Twitter/ instagram personal attacking BS on this board.

My opinion is: give Brad all the support You can give next year. It will be his judgement year imo.

We don’t have some sleeping giant basketball program like we had in football. It’s going to take someone at least 7-8 years to build it the right way.

Overall results are disappointing. If we don’t have a breakout year next season it’s time to move on. We need to start looking at some young candidates than can recruit really well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link to said "good poster"?***

Feb 27, 2020, 4:07 PM

I don't care if we fire Brownell, but you are annoying.***

Feb 28, 2020, 10:33 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2020, 6:32 PM

Nice win today

Feb 29, 2020, 7:35 PM

Purple T is a cheeky monkey, bumping threads, lol!

Replies: 30
| visibility 3,343
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic