Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that

Jan 29, 2021, 11:07 AM

Fans of SEC teams like to end every sentence in, “Especially in the SEC”. No matter what they are talking about.

“It’s critical to win the time of possession, especially in the SEC.”

“It can be difficult for Red-Shirt Freshmen to come in and make an immediate impact, especially in the SEC.”

“Even with a good hc hire, if we don’t have top level coordinators, we will get creamed, especially in the SEC.”

They have a very amusing sense of entitlement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As usual....

Jan 29, 2021, 11:09 AM

those people are all so full of $#!7, their eyes are green.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The flip side of this

Jan 29, 2021, 11:28 AM

On some ACC boards it’s all about hating the other schools! SEC schools seems to be pleased that they are all in the same league and some ACC schools can only post about how they hate UNC or NCSU or FSU etc. I hard to explain!

Green?

Jan 30, 2021, 11:28 AM [ in reply to As usual.... ]

What the heck did you ear?

Envy****

Feb 2, 2021, 1:27 AM

Unjustified Hype and Delusion run rampant these days,

Jan 29, 2021, 11:27 AM

Especially in the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are stupid. If you tell them something

Jan 29, 2021, 11:35 AM

Over and over they will believe it. That is all ESPN pushes so that is what they hear over and over.

The sec is bama. You have to beat them.. period. Beating miss st doesnt mean anything, I don't care how many times ESPN may say miss st is good because they are in the sec.

The sec is bamas and then whatever runner up team that ESPN will hype.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: People are stupid. If you tell them something

Jan 30, 2021, 4:08 AM

Just like media promoting democrats, not sharing news that could be negative like Hunter Biden's money taken from foreign countries and contained by FBI.

But also social media squelching Trump, Trump supporters, therefore only letting one narrative to be heard and not letting opposing opinions or facts to be shared.

So if people hear one narrative continuously they will believe. Just like this last Trump impeachment due to accusations of Trump incitement of terroristic acts but there were phone calls 3wks prior to the FBI actually from family members but that clearly proves Trump didn't incite a riot, but the media, the news, and the cancelled conservative accts cant distribute that information so the majority media users only hear the lies but it becomes truth. Impeachment was known there was zero chance almost 10 days ago but the dems want to drive their negative agenda towards Trump. If he deserved impeachment, i would be first to support but I will not support lies and false narratives.

Bingo, subconsciously programmed...***

Feb 2, 2021, 1:39 AM [ in reply to People are stupid. If you tell them something ]

Bingo, subconsciously programmed...

Feb 2, 2021, 1:49 AM [ in reply to People are stupid. If you tell them something ]

Projecting an idea, belief, or concept by continuous, perpetual bombardment of the cerebrum-part of brain the accepts information

I do the same thing...

Jan 29, 2021, 11:55 AM

"Crying about a loss weeks after a game is normal, especially in the SEC"

"paying players is a common thing, especially in the SEC"

"becoming a Bama fan because your team sucks every year is okay, especially in the SEC"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Watching the local news here in TN

Jan 29, 2021, 12:00 PM

I have heard that statement at least 100 times in the last week. It is amazing that they think this conference with a couple good teams, a few mediocre teams, and a few bad teams.....is oh so dominant.

It gets old hearing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching the local news here in TN

Jan 29, 2021, 2:33 PM

Same here. I especially hate "SEC Speed".

You telling me that Clemson or top tier teams from other conferences would struggle playing these teams every year?:

Vandy
Kentucky
Tennessee
Ole Miss
MissSt
Arkansas
Missouri

That's the infamous "SEC Gauntlet" right there.

I get teams have up and down seasons, but none of those teams have been nationally relevant in over a decade or more.

Jan 29, 2021, 2:38 PM

That leaves Bama, LSU, UGA, Florida, and TA&M. Are those top 5 better than the top 5 in the ACC? Certainly. However, that conference is not as deep and excuse worthy to make those fans justifiably arrogant.

Lastly, most Clemson fans are not conference-pumpers and we want to beat the daylights out of any team we line up against.

Agree completely...

Jan 29, 2021, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching the local news here in TN ]

Go Tigers!

Jan 29, 2021, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Watching the local news here in TN ]

Have all y’all noticed you DONT hear SEC defense anymore? The “experts” also don’t crack on the big 12 defenses anymore either. It has never been about defense, all offense. Those sneaky SOBs.

Re: Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that

Jan 29, 2021, 12:12 PM

Just repeat those comments and substitute "ACC" for "SEC." That should take care of the problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 2:22 PM

Many SEC fans live vicariously through the success of Alabama. They love to pound their chest and claim how great their conference is based upon Alabama kicking everyone in the teeth and winning a NC. They'll try to convince you how great their team is based upon the success of the Tide.

You just don't see that in the ACC. Convince me I'm wrong.

Jan 29, 2021, 5:14 PM

Bama is the best in the SEC. There are other good teams in the SEC, like UGA, A&M, Florida and most years, LSU and Auburn. You don't need me to convince you of that. You already know it. Clemson is the best in the ACC and would probably be the best team in the SEC not named Alabama. As for the ACC, after Clemson, who ya got? Clemson is a great team and program but also has the advantage of navigating the ACC to make the playoffs. That's a reality Clemson fans may not like, but a reality nontheless.

Jan 29, 2021, 5:29 PM

Auburn is trash there’s a reason their coached was dismissed for a huge cost. And so YOU think Florida is good simply because they took your chokers behind the wood shed. Yea sure lol. Trask is garbage and he lit your chokers up doesn’t make them good. UNC could beat 90% plus of your cupcake SEC. A lot of bad awful teams

It’s been Bama and nobody else the past 11/12 years. You’re shooting blanks. A&M will be back to average next fall as well. The SEC is trash and so overhyped

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 5:43 PM

Last two bowl seasons SEC 14-4, ACC 4-13. Last two NCs - SEC.

last 40 national championships

Feb 1, 2021, 5:35 PM

not UGay

True, but GD'it u shouldn't post it...

Feb 2, 2021, 2:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that ]

Your statements(although factual) are inflammatory, derogatory, & obscene!

National championships are easy to win-especially in the SEC

Jan 29, 2021, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that ]

Oops! Sorry Dawg!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

AFDAWG

Jan 29, 2021, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that ]

Unless you are blind, deaf, impotent, who knows; ESPN is biased towards the SEC. You can bark and hump legs all you want, but you know!

AFDAWG

Jan 29, 2021, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that ]

Unless you are blind, deaf, impotent, who knows; ESPN is biased towards the SEC. You can bark and hump legs all you want, but you know!

Re: AFDAWG

Jan 30, 2021, 11:08 AM

Maybe they are biased. I don't really care much one way or the other about any talking head. But whether they are or aren't, unless you are blind, deaf, impotent, who knows; the SEC is by any objective measure, consistently the best conference in college football.

Feb 1, 2021, 4:09 PM

RedDawg said:

Maybe they are biased. I don't really care much one way or the other about any talking head. But whether they are or aren't, unless you are blind, deaf, impotent, who knows; the Bama is by any objective measure, consistently the best conference in college football.

FIFY

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2021, 5:04 PM

RedDawg said:

Maybe they are biased. I don't really care much one way or the other about any talking head. But whether they are or aren't, unless you are blind, deaf, impotent, who knows; the Bama is by any objective measure, consistently the best conference in college football.

FIFY

LOL. I guess the objective fact that outside of Bama, the SEC has still gone 9-4 against the ACC over the last two years. and 14-7 over the last three has nothing to do with it. Heck, even in 2017, Tennessee went 0-8 in the SEC but still beat Ga tech - who finished 3rd in their division - in Atlanta!

Like I say, I stay for the giggles :)

Feb 1, 2021, 5:21 PM

unfortunately, you will be getting b1tch slapped by clemson in a few months. best stick to playing an sec schedule so your record looks a little better for belk bowl.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 1, 2021, 5:30 PM

theclash® said:

unfortunately, you will be getting b1tch slapped by clemson in a few months. best stick to playing an sec schedule so your record looks a little better for belk bowl.

You seem pretty confident. How much do you think you'll beat us by?

Feb 2, 2021, 2:57 AM

Im going to say 10 . But worse if our 11 defensive returnees play well out of the gate .

DB23

Feb 2, 2021, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: AFDAWG ]

a lot > a little

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 2, 2021, 11:15 AM

A lot?? Seems kinda vague. Does that mean 3 TDs? Maybe 17 pts? Tigerdug threw out 10 points, which to me sounds more like a nice solid win rather than a "##### slap". Are you hesitant to put a number on it?

Feb 2, 2021, 12:25 PM

are willing to gamble? i am.

Feb 2, 2021, 1:53 PM

Sure. What number are you putting on it?

Jan 29, 2021, 3:26 PM

You mean like: many football fans of southern teams are dooshes, especially in the SEC?

Congrats on #800

Jan 29, 2021, 3:49 PM

You have been promoted to Associate AD, CTiger18®

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Congrats on #800

Jan 30, 2021, 8:33 AM

Thank you! @TigerzzRoar

Jan 29, 2021, 10:17 PM

LOL! For a bunch that tries to convince themselves that it's just another conference, y'all sure spend a lot of time talking about the SEC.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:43 PM

Well then why are you are here?

Jan 30, 2021, 11:02 AM

Well then why are you are here?

Your next game is against us. I come here for some football talk. But I stay for the giggles. The bulk of this thread is completely laughable.

How obsessive is it that Dawgs are regularly present on TNet

Jan 30, 2021, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Reading through many other fan boards, I have noticed that ]

? Living rent-free?

--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 29, 2021, 10:40 PM

Point to you. I didn’t realize it extended beyond uofsc. I hear and read of sc’s recruits/players being of SEC caliber all the time.

Point being, remove Alabama and that conference (year in and year out) is no better than most Powerful 5 conferences.

Jan 30, 2021, 6:38 AM

Outside of Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and in most years Auburn and LSU are better than anyone else in the ACC. Put any of those teams in an ACC minus Clemson, and they are more often than not playoff teams.

Feb 1, 2021, 3:29 PM

AFDAWG said:

Outside of Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and in most years Auburn and LSU are better than anyone else in the ACC. Put any of those teams in an ACC minus Clemson, and they are more often than not playoff teams.

Abdolutely. And on the flip side, If you take Alabama out of the SEC, any team in the ACC outside of Clemson would still have pretty much zero chance of making the CFP or winning the SEC. It's just a laughable statement.

Feb 2, 2021, 3:02 AM

Says the dude who's team hasn't won a national championship in now 41 years and counting .
Were you even alive in 1980 ?
You'd think with all that football talent in a state like Ga , and with all of the built in advantages of competing in the Alpha-Conference You'd have at least surprised somebody and won another one ...in 4+ decades .
But no . Nothing .

DB23

Feb 2, 2021, 2:09 PM

Yeah, yeah, 1980, blah blah blah.
The truth is that has nothing to do with the fact that the SEC is a much more difficult conference than the ACC. Nor does it have anything to do with the fact that we've beaten the brakes off of Clemson as well as the rest of the ACC over that same timeframe. Of course you know that, you just want to trash talk.
But you may be right - smacking Clemson and the ACC around on the regular may not mean anything. :)

But on a serious note - how do you see this game playing out, as in what do you expect to see regarding some of the matchups. What so you see as your biggest advantages and weaknesses, as well as what do you see are ours?

A LOT of other fan boards suck, especially in the SEC

Jan 30, 2021, 7:36 AM

null

Feb 2, 2021, 1:54 AM

Did someone really say that about Red Shirt Freshman? It’s technically there second year of college. They should be making an impact.

Feb 2, 2021, 2:51 AM

This goes back to the beginning of the BCS era , when ESPN first promulgated it . Before that initiation by forced induction , there was no sense of conference superiority or anything near to it .
There were teams in conferences and some were better than others , and so on .
ESPN found a way to increase it's ratings without ever having to do much more than install a fake narrative that has now grown into a generational if not cultural myth .

DB23

When U of SC first joined that Conference

Feb 2, 2021, 9:42 AM

Todd Ellis would call everything SEC caliber. Didn't matter if it was a tackle or how they drank the gatoraid.

Feb 2, 2021, 10:18 AM

There are also a lot of “but ifs” in the sec. especially from uga.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic