Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
kornbutt tried to spin the recruiting disaster for chickens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

kornbutt tried to spin the recruiting disaster for chickens

Feb 6, 2013, 10:30 PM

saying that spurrier is never hyped (not today because of total failure). But did all catch the smart butt spurrier comment about hype - accusing Dabo of cheerleading wihtout saying it. What a sleaze-bag that old jerk is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: kornbutt tried to spin the recruiting disaster for chickens

Feb 6, 2013, 10:41 PM

I don't really care what SOS says. he has 25+ years coaching on Dabo, I'll judge Dabo when he's 67

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a joke blythe***

Feb 6, 2013, 11:03 PM

Feb 7, 2013, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: kornbutt tried to spin the recruiting disaster for chickens ]

go lick some windows Blythe

Huh?

Feb 6, 2013, 10:49 PM

What is this recruiting disaster you speak of? We are pretty happy about our class, met all our needs, lots of big Olineman, solid QB, strong RB...

Dude if you think you can keep up with the likes of UGA, Bama

Feb 6, 2013, 10:51 PM

LSU and UF with that mediocre class, then you're fooling yourself. The stud SC state pipeline has ran out, you finished behind Vandy and Miss st on Scout

Re: Dude if you think you can keep up with the likes of UGA, Bama

Feb 7, 2013, 10:39 AM

South Carolina talent was just down in 2013.

We met all our needs in this class, I am very happy with it. We don't have the starpower, but we also didn't sign any headcase guys. All are solid high three, low four star types.

So your happy falling behind Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State

Feb 6, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Huh? ]

and getting spanked by Alabama, UGa, UF, Auburn, Texas A&M, and LSU?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: So your happy falling behind Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State

Feb 6, 2013, 10:57 PM

please let's worry about us not them. don't turn into them. they still haven't learned how to win yet

Completely agree

Feb 6, 2013, 11:42 PM

and lets get a W this year before we revel in our recruiting victory. The last few recruiting seasons have laid the foundation, but we need to show it on the field. USuCk will always be second or third tier and when their greater Columbia pipeline drys up for a while it affects them, but they have been on a roll. That said, laughing because they lose to their fellow SEC teams and then beat us makes me throw up a little in my mouth

SC did have a good class. Its hard to say CU's was tons

Feb 6, 2013, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Huh? ]

better when we are only a couple spots higher, separated by a player or two (though it was a better class). But that "met our needs" stuff is for losers. So did Bama, and they dont trot out that line as an excuse. All disappointed recruiters say that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if you rely on Scout, CU is 12 & SC 21

Feb 6, 2013, 11:07 PM

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2013

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That the only one you looked at? Do you pick

Feb 6, 2013, 11:20 PM

and choose information to suit what you want to think?

SC's class was good. Ours was better. They missed on players much more than they met their needs. Cant dispute any of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a matter of fact, no it is not the only one I looked at

Feb 6, 2013, 11:30 PM

But, it does show that there is a difference of opinion. What is your problem?

ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?action=login

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

LOL nice try...noone even talked about it all day***

Feb 6, 2013, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Huh? ]

Huh? seems to be the most popular response among coots***

Feb 7, 2013, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Huh? ]

Who cares?

Feb 6, 2013, 11:06 PM

I could give 2 sheets of where Usuck's class finishes. We have signed some solid recruits this year and our program is headed in the right direction!

heres my Q

Feb 6, 2013, 11:34 PM

Why is recruiting ranking such a big deal to this board? It doesn't bother me who finished in front of us in the SEC, it just means some schools have picked it up as well.

Rankings can turn into busts , we all know that, so saying USC is ranked 8th in sec is not a huge deal. Im glad call vandy recruited well, makes the conference as a whole stronger. Besides, which recruiting service is the best and most accurate? It is very convenient to claim you got a 5 star on scout, when they are a 4 on rivals but then claim rivals when another prospect is ranked higher ....way too much put into rankings, rankings cant measure heart or work ethic.

Back to my original point. Our class is very good, we dont usually finish top 10 in recruiting bc we recruit to fit our scheme. It has bode well for us the last few years.

Re: heres my Q

Feb 6, 2013, 11:39 PM

Going to be awesome watching Vandy beat you guys.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Scheme? Your scheme was to hand the ball to Latty***

Feb 6, 2013, 11:57 PM

Maybe so. But, their "scheme" with or without Latty, has

Feb 7, 2013, 8:05 AM

beaten us 4 straight years. We need to correct that this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

what is this scheme of which you speak?

Feb 7, 2013, 2:12 AM [ in reply to heres my Q ]

who the heck are you trying to kid? you only return 4 starters on defense, and your class gives the impression of having nothing but o-linemen and lb's .

Subject - Verb Agreement son. Obviously you're a coot.***

Feb 7, 2013, 8:41 AM [ in reply to heres my Q ]

Feb 6, 2013, 11:41 PM

Some things never change, but he does. He gets even worse with time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who friggin cares

Feb 7, 2013, 3:24 AM

Man up and quit worrying and whinning every time those pieces of garbage run their co@@ suckers

Feb 7, 2013, 6:48 AM

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&i=FB&id=60331&w=1cl8q

Congrats on recruiting. Since you like your ESPN ranking this year, here is an article for you...

Was referring to

Feb 7, 2013, 6:53 AM

4-2-5 defensive scheme. The defense that has been consistently near the top of the country every year.....

Lattimore? Just FYI he has been hurt for 2 years and we have done pretty well without him. Shaw through 23 straight completions at one point and ran for a ton of yards. We also had multiple TDs over 40 yards so I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about.

Vandy beating us this year? Not yet....one good class doesn't do that for you (Clemson should know that from personal experience)

Losing 5 players: yes that means we won't have to rebuild! We reloaded after Ingram and Gilmore. We will do so this year, we may be overall better this year. And we will reload after Clowney.

Guys I am not trying to flame or troll and I am not saying USC dominates Clemson or that we will continue to but if you really think that we are just going to drop off and go back into being a 6-6 team ever year you are wrong. Spurrier has raised the program and that is where it will stay. The 63-17 days are over. I think you will still win your share and occasionally may get the big one but it is in no way like it was 10 years ago and it never will be. Deep down you know this. But thank you for once producing a thread that has an actual discussion to it instead of coot coot coot coot. Again, your class is solid but ours is exactly what we needed and we finished strong.

The obligatory "we filled our needs" post...

Feb 7, 2013, 7:08 AM

good luck w/ that.

Doubt you'll "reload" after Clowney

Feb 7, 2013, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Was referring to ]

He's a once in a lifetime type of player who would be a game changer on any team he played on. He alone can consistently put pressure on a QB, resulting in sacks, fumbles, or forced throws into coverage making an average secondary look much better. The productivity of your D will take a sharp decline once he's gone. Not saying you guys will be terrible, but imagine erasing everything Clowney has down for you this past season and ask yourself, where would yall be?

You do realize SC has had one of the better pass rushes

Feb 7, 2013, 9:08 AM

in the country for the better part of a decade now, right? Guys like Clifton Geathers, Melvin Ingram, Eric Norwood, Jasper Brinkley, Travian Robinson, Devin Taylor.. It's not like the line and pass rush suddenly got "good" when Clowney showed up.

Are you kidding me?

Feb 7, 2013, 9:40 AM

Come back at me with some sense when we're not talking about the number one recruit in the nation, potential Heisman candidate, and more than likely future number one NFL pick...

Clowney: (has only play TWO years)
13 sacks
54 tackles/ 40 solo
23.5 Tackles for loss

Ingram:
10 sacks
48 tackles/ 31 solo
15 TFL

Geathers:
6 sacks
72 tackles/ 47 solo
12 TFL

Norwood: (played all FOUR years)
29 sacks
255/ 176 solo
55 TFL

Brinkly:
7.5 sacks
193/ 142 solo
20 TFL

Robertson:
6.5 sacks
49/ 25 solo
? TFL

Taylor: (played all FOUR years)
15.5 sacks
161/ 107 solo
27 TFL

The only one that compares is Norwood, the rest, not so much. Now you think before you come at me again spewing this garbage...now begone from my sight and bring me back a chicken biscuit...

Forgot to mention

Feb 7, 2013, 10:58 AM [ in reply to You do realize SC has had one of the better pass rushes ]

Ingram played all four years

Geathers and Brinkley played three...

Robertson only played two it seems

USuC will suffer from the loss of Clowney

Feb 7, 2013, 8:27 AM

don't really understand how our class was a bust...if you look at scout it says 21, but if you look at rivals it says 16. Rankings are all subjective depending on who makes them. We had a class filled with O line men who are normally ranked as high as skill players. I am not upset by this because I am a firm believer that the game is won on the line of scrimiage. We also got a bunch of LB's which we needed because all of ours were seniors this year.

We didn't get much attention on signing day because everyone in our class had already been solid commitments for a while. Signing day coverage is all about last minute hold outs picking up a hat off the table. Makes for good drama.

Feb 7, 2013, 8:28 AM

*normally not ranked as high*

Looking back a few years it looks like SCAR's class ranked

Feb 7, 2013, 11:56 AM

about where it always does. Some of y'all are making too big a deal out of having a higher ranked class than SCAR. SCAR' classes are never ranked real high unless you include the year TB got fired and Dabo only brought in 12. SCAR benefited tremendously from that.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic