Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still think Clemson can be a VERY good team..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,412

I still think Clemson can be a VERY good team..

Jun 3, 2020, 9:53 AM

Teams face adversity in the off season (see UGA annual arrests) and during the season. That is clockwork. Now, some losses are worse than others.

Tigers have now lost top 2 NFL receivers from last season after the loss to LSU.

The thing about Dabo is he has proven to be a good recruiter AND a coach that can adapt and adjust and still get positive results.

This really hurts Clemson. No doubt. But, if you look at the talent on the team and the teams on the schedule, I say Tigers can still win 10 games AT LEAST and compete to make the play offs and make noise.

Anyone that says otherwise is fooling themselves as Clemson is that good and Dabo is that good of a coach and has a solid staff around him.

The 2020 season should be AWESOME and we all are looking forward to it!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a troll more committed to his craft than

Jun 3, 2020, 9:57 AM

Bulldog? I commend you, sir.

I just can’t wait to see what am Injury-prone backup transfer with a sub .500 record can do against those SEC defenses. Look out!

null

Re: Is there a troll more committed to his craft than

Jun 3, 2020, 12:35 PM

And likewise , they just got a QB that got flushed through the portal from USC .

They're gonna be fine in Athens . Nothing wrong with being the best of the rest .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think uga could be a very good team

Jun 3, 2020, 10:03 AM

then I remember they lost to the coots, at home, against the coots 3rd string QB and realize they have a long way to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA is good but...

Jun 3, 2020, 10:05 AM

What you said is true.

And, at some point this season, Georgia will “Pull a Georgia” and implode.

Clockwork.

Can't happen soon enough for us...I'll still pull for the

Jun 3, 2020, 10:08 AM

mutts once a year though

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't clockwork...

Jun 3, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to UGA is good but... ]

it's coaching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think uga could be a very good team

Jun 3, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I think uga could be a very good team ]

then I remember they lost to the coots, at home, against the coots 3rd string QB/WR/CB and realize they have a long way to go.

FIFY...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bulldog...

Jun 3, 2020, 10:35 AM

You are one of the most entertaining guys on here. I dont know why so many people give you thumbs down. I appreciate your wit. It is much more clever than most people trolling or trying to be funny. Thanks.

joetigerny, thank you for the words of praise

Jun 3, 2020, 11:00 AM

I understand some on here construe my words the wrong way. And, I accept it.

I like Clemson and the down to earth good honest people that comprise the majority of the Tiger fan base.

Georgia has become so elitist and wine and cheese and Athens is a hell hole now. I only go to games and leave immediately afterwards.

I truly fit in much better with Clemson, but just have such a history with UGA.

Hope you and your family are all well and thank you again for the words of praise

Re: joetigerny, thank you for the words of praise

Jun 3, 2020, 12:35 PM

I am with you. Am a hardcore but still support UGA. Of late there is too much on 5 star recruits only and UGA seems to be caught in hype game. I am still not convinced about Smart as a NC coach. He is good, no doubt but great !! still in question.

Also unlike many others I want South Carolina to do well. Their failures are affecting our ranking, esp at end of season. That said nothing like beatkng the gamecocks.

to conclude Tigers have the talent to overcome adversity.

Re: Bulldog...

Jun 3, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Bulldog... ]

Some don’t get his humor. He’s more a Clemson fan than UGA and I can prove it because I know a ton of UGA fans and they don’t talk the way he does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the compliments. Loosing Ross will hurt. No

Jun 3, 2020, 10:37 AM

doubt about it. Dabo and Elliott will adjust the offensive plan to fit what we have. May see more two backs to show either run or pass. Not sure. The incoming freshmen will have to contribute and they are talented. Looking forward to an exciting season this fall. Good luck to your Dawgs and stay safe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the compliments. Loosing Ross will hurt. No

Jun 3, 2020, 10:50 AM

You are spot on. Losing a player as talented as Ross is never a positive, but history shows we may be ok there. We have after all recruited well, and remind me again what game we lost Mike Williams for the season? He was pretty good too as I recall. We have the horses to make it all work, just need to tweak the offense a little and get some of these young ballers to step up. I expect the progress from year one to year two for Ladson especially to be huge. I know most are super high on Ngata, but Ladson seems to catch most everything thrown his way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the compliments. Loosing Ross will hurt. No

Jun 3, 2020, 12:25 PM

not sure the opponent but Mike was lost the first game his junior year. I believe the first quarter. E.J. Williams is going to be a great receiver.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still think Clemson can be a VERY good team..

Jun 3, 2020, 12:33 PM

I think the loss of Ross opens the doors for Clemson offense to spread the ball out more. We have so much talent! I would love to see Amari Rodgers and Powell get targets! I firmly believe that Ngata and Ladson are equal to the task as well! If I have any qualms about unknowns this season, for me personally it is the OL. Just want to see them do well and provide protection to Trevor this season!

wow your opinion is very valuable

Jun 3, 2020, 4:58 PM

we have been modeling our program after yours since 1980 and we wish we could just win a title one more time before we all kick the bucket.

what a guy you are bulldog. if francis marion dreamed up a georgia fan, you'd be it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still think Clemson can be a VERY good team..

Jun 3, 2020, 5:42 PM

Considering we may actually only play 10 games this coming season, I still agree with your wins assessment.

Next man up at WR is all. We got this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic