Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired

Jan 8, 2020, 9:10 AM

in a year in which he beats UNC in Chapel Hill and passes Cliff Ellis as Clemson's all time winningest coach?

Or does beating UNC get him another 10 years?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He owes us the parting gift after wasting 10 years of our time***

Jan 8, 2020, 9:12 AM

We we’re in the Elite 8 in a year when we lost @ UNC ...

Jan 8, 2020, 7:09 PM

We’ve been in the Sweet 16 a couple of times when we lost @ Chapel Hill.

All the sporadic great things Clemson has ever done in hoops have been done in years when we didn’t win in Chapel Hill.

If and when the streak is broken it should be cause for great celebration, but should in no way be given any more weight that a single game when deciding on a coaches fate.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but until I actually see us win a game in Chapel Hole

Jan 8, 2020, 9:17 AM

I ain't buying it. That possibility is right up there with the Unicorns being on time to get on the Ark. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS!***

Jan 8, 2020, 6:48 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired

Jan 8, 2020, 9:20 AM

Yeah considering next years team is going to be the most talented basketball team of my lifetime, firing him this year (on a known down year) would be really stupid.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 9:25 AM

I would bring him back one last time.

You mean like a farewell, farewell, farewell, farewell......

Jan 8, 2020, 9:27 AM

farewell Part 10 Tour?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You mean like a farewell, farewell, farewell, farewell......

Jan 8, 2020, 9:31 AM

He needs more time.

Jan 8, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired ]

I agree with you. If this season ends poorly (all I'm looking for is significant improvement over the course of the year), and we don't have a good season next year, he needs to go.

So the last nine years didn't give you any indications?***

Jan 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So the last nine years didn't give you any indications?***

Jan 8, 2020, 10:19 AM

BigCUFan® said:

Again look at context, you simpleton.

You want to retain Brownell at least one more year...

Jan 8, 2020, 10:34 AM

to see if there is any improvement that clearly hasn't consistently manifest itself over the last nine years, but I'm the simpleton !?!?!?!

Wow...just wow !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired ]

So, CLEMSON has the 'best' team in years, and UNCheat has the 'worst' team I've witnessed in my entire lifetime (well at least 60 years of it), then CLEMSON could possibly have a chance to at least get close to a win at Chapel Hill???? Wow, the Devil's gonna get cold if that happens.

Jan 8, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired ]

Happy 10th birthday to you!

"Wait til next year!"

Jan 8, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired ]

That is the familiar MO of the basketball program over the last 11 years.

It's also a great time to bring in a new coach with some passion, charisma AND coaching ability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Wait til next year!"

Jan 8, 2020, 9:47 AM

Yeah, people were screaming "wait till next year" after we went to the sweet 16. You're an idiot.

A Brownell sycophant who cares more for him than Clemson

Jan 8, 2020, 9:54 AM

basketball.

Are you on the payroll too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Brownell sycophant who cares more for him than Clemson

Jan 8, 2020, 10:18 AM

basketball.

Are you on the payroll too?

This just in... Somebody that can see the obvious must be on Clemson's payroll!

It's hard to argue with somebody that only sees black and white and doesn't look at context. Provided a couple things fall into place (Aamir Simms not leaving early and no transfers/injuries) we will have a very talented team next year. Perhaps the most talented team since I have been alive.

If this team was stagnant w/ no growth in sight, then I would agree with you. He would need to go. But it is incredibly obvious that this program is going in the right direction.

Going in the right direction?

Jan 8, 2020, 10:40 AM

Have you been watching?

Two NCAA tournament appearances over the course of ten years (one of which was with another coaches players) IS NOT my idea of the "right direction".

Frankly...Brownell should have been fired after the 2015 season.

I bet your school age kids absolutely love you.

Look Dad...here are our report cards with a bunch more C's and D's.

That's great kids. I can see you headed in the right direction.

Re: Going in the right direction?

Jan 8, 2020, 12:22 PM

Dude. Read what I said. I’m not talking about the past. I am talking about the current talent level on our roster and what we have coming in next year.

If you can’t see that, then you are blind

I've heard and seen it all before...

Jan 8, 2020, 1:07 PM

over the last ten years from all you Brownell apologists who are content with mediocrity.

Re: Going in the right direction?

Jan 8, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Going in the right direction? ]

BigCUFan® said:

Have you been watching?

Two NCAA tournament appearances over the course of ten years (one of which was with another coaches players) IS NOT my idea of the "right direction".

Frankly...Brownell should have been fired after the 2015 season.

I bet your school age kids absolutely love you.

Look Dad...here are our report cards with a bunch more C's and D's.

That's great kids. I can see you headed in the right direction.

Wow.... You must be a terrible parent.

Using your scenario for a second. Your kid has been struggling big time in a couple of classes. They start off the semester getting C's and D's. They know this is unacceptable and so do you. They begin to study every night and slowly but surely those C's and D's turn into C's and B's. And then for the final test, your kid is studying a lot and starting to feel confident going into the test.

Then out of nowhere, you come in and just tell them they need to quit school because they will never get it. They are just too stupid.

Man I bet your kids hate you.

Both my kids graduated with honors from Clemson...

Jan 8, 2020, 2:36 PM

just like my wife and me.

But by all means, please keep guessing and speculating rather than taking a more proactive approach and actually doing something other than hoping that more waiting will produce the desired result.

Re: Both my kids graduated with honors from Clemson...

Jan 8, 2020, 2:46 PM

Congratulations. I was joking because it was an absolutely terrible analogy.

For the last time, I am not basing my opinions on the past, I am basing them on what the future looks like.

I'm not just waiting and hoping that the team will produce. If we didn't just sign the best recruiting class under Brownell this past year, and didn't have 2 of the most highly recruited players already committed next year then my opinion on the state of the program would be different.

I have a question for you.... What do you think the reason is for Brownell's recruiting success last year and this year (assuming the two highly touted players end up signing their LOI). Do you think it's just dumb luck?

After 11 years and only one trip to the Tournament that he

Jan 8, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: A Brownell sycophant who cares more for him than Clemson ]

was responsible for, I would say that is definitely a sign of stagnation and a lack of growth. It is obvious to me and to many others. Attendance is in the toilet.

We know what Brownell can do and we know what he can't do. Now lets use this opportunity to go out and get a good coach who can take the talent that you say is the best ever(the ultimate "Wait til next year" statement) that we know is a gross exaggeration, and go build a solid program that doesn't spend years wallowing in mediocrity to have a good year every 8 years or so.

Given the facilities improvements and the success of the football team, I'm surprised our recruiting hasn't been much better and much more consistent.

Re: After 11 years and only one trip to the Tournament that he

Jan 8, 2020, 7:04 PM

Has recruiting not picked up since the Littlejohn renovation?

I wouldn’t have been mad if he was fired after year 5. My point is that our program actually has some momentum right now. Considering that we have kept him all this time, it would be very dumb to fire him right when we have some momentum. Recruiting has picked up and we are an extremely young team.

We will have 7 4* on our team next year. There have been times where we haven’t had 1.

The know you all just want something to cry about and nothing would be enough, but you better get used to it. We are making the tourney next year and I think the program will have the momentum to be a perennial tourney team.

Sports is BLACK AND WHITE....

Jan 8, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: A Brownell sycophant who cares more for him than Clemson ]

Win or Lose?
Scoreboard?
Stats?

All that stuff?

Brownell has not performed. One Sweet 16 doesn't change that.

Jan 8, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired ]

I don’t about next years team but you must be really young to be the best team all time

Jan 8, 2020, 12:19 PM

I didn’t say best team, I said most talented. Also, I am 30.

We are going to have 6-7 4* recruits on our team.

Jan 8, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: How wild is it that Brownell is gonna be fired ]

And next year it will be “we have a lot of young talent, let’s give him a chance to develop it”.

Jan 8, 2020, 2:26 PM

Well that's not what I said, but okay.

Jan 8, 2020, 9:26 AM

After being at the Yale game -(we were outcoached, outplayed, and out talented) I would have laughed your concept.

But now.... shesh....

Dunno.. he is the coach so I will support him

Jan 8, 2020, 9:59 AM

Let some 1 else worry about the rest

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 8, 2020, 11:38 AM

As i said a few days ago...i think he is doing the best he can with what he’s got all the way ‘round.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

When did you decide to fire him?

i just hope that you’re right about Brownell being fired

Jan 8, 2020, 11:41 AM

Who knows with our current administration. They clearly don’t take basketball seriously.

Jan 8, 2020, 11:42 AM

Fire that bum, he needs to recruit some shooters, basketball is all about the 3 ball now

beating the holes in the hole saves his job***

Jan 8, 2020, 7:10 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic