Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how many fans will be allowed at death valley this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,578

how many fans will be allowed at death valley this fall

Aug 21, 2020, 5:09 AM

according to Will vandervort of the Clemson insider only 16,000 will be allowed at he home games this season that will be less than what the gamecocks will allowed at their home games which will be 20.000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how many fans will be allowed at death valley this fall

Aug 21, 2020, 5:29 AM

Memorial Stadium capacity(DV) is listed as 81,500. At 20% we would have 16,300 able to attend. I have been mentally preparing myself to be offered two tickets to one game and will be shocked to get more. Not getting in to one game is unacceptable to me.

Re: how many fans will be allowed at death valley this fall

Aug 21, 2020, 6:34 AM

I said in an earlier post that if they filled up both the North,and the South stands (upper,and lower) you should be able to seat 8000 fans in each section.That would be 32,000 fans.You could then open both end zones to the visiting team allowing say 250 fans in each section for a total of 500(that would be the max,IMO,thus allowing 32,500 per game.
Taking it one step farther,there would be no concession stands open,although you might allow for some water (bottle) carts through out the concourses,but that's a different topic.

I've got no problem with concessions being offered...

Aug 21, 2020, 8:11 AM

provided its all pre-packaged (i.e., chips, crackers, candy, candy bars, peanuts, popcorn, and bottled drinks).

Of that would mean no shaved ice, no pizza, no hot dogs and no Dippin' Dots.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

16,000 sounds low to me

Aug 21, 2020, 8:08 AM

Especially now that SCar's announced 20,000. I have a feeling IPTAY's going to want to match that.

Clemson has a unique challenge, however: The Hill. I'm willing to bet The Hill will be closed to fans, because there's no way to control distancing. At 25% capacity, closing the Hill eliminates somewhere between 1500 to 2500 tickets (I can't remember what the official capacity of the Hill is now; I want to say 6000).

25% capacity would equate to roughly 20,400***

Aug 21, 2020, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 25% capacity would equate to roughly 20,400***

Aug 21, 2020, 8:53 AM

Don’t forget the luxury boxes. I’m sure they will be used by their fans.

I honestly don't know...

Aug 21, 2020, 9:22 AM

if the university has any plans go to the trouble and expense of sterilizing and disinfecting the boxes after each use. If they do, I would expect the number of people who would be admitted into each box would be limited proportionately in order to maintain social distancing guidelines.

Re: I honestly don't know...

Aug 21, 2020, 9:52 AM

I have always felt that the luxury boxes should be treated as a family unit and not impacted. They can also fog the boxes in ten minutes after each use.

Re: 16,000 sounds low to me

Aug 21, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to 16,000 sounds low to me ]

They could spray paint zones on the hill. Some beaches have marked off squares. My county sprayed big white dots on the grass for our high school graduation. We need to have fans on the hill.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,578
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic