Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National talk about Coach Muschamp (& Coots) needing a win over Volunteers, or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

National talk about Coach Muschamp (& Coots) needing a win over Volunteers, or

Sep 21, 2020, 5:25 PM

he may be volunteering to be bought out & ushered out of Columbia by season’s end.

I don’t see it since his schedule is unreal tough and the recruiting is going very good especially with a 4/5* QB coming in.

What think you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to take more than a "savior" QB... Mushcamp stays***

Sep 21, 2020, 5:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's going to take more than a "savior" QB... Mushcamp stays***

Sep 21, 2020, 8:35 PM

Or the 41st ranked class of 2021. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's going to take more than a "savior" QB... Mushcamp stays***

Sep 22, 2020, 11:07 AM

If our feathered friend don't win this one then how many do they win looking at their schedule?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National talk about Coach Muschamp (& Coots) needing a win over Volunteers, or

Sep 21, 2020, 5:41 PM

Obviously just my opinion, I don’t think that would be wise to let him go. Bad business during a pandemic. Building momentum recruiting and all that. I’d say he probably gets another year just because 2020 has been such a mystery anyway.

also might depend on who is available in a weird year

Sep 21, 2020, 5:42 PM

they need a young guy thats wants to build a program

someone with much more finesse in keeping the natives happy and all the booster circuit thing

null

No one like that wants to come to a coaching graveyard

Sep 22, 2020, 8:44 AM

uof6c is where coaches come to retire or die, not launch a career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: also might depend on who is available in a weird year

Sep 22, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to also might depend on who is available in a weird year ]

It is the coots. They will raise a bad decision to an epic failure because that was an option.

A young guy isn't going to build their program. The coots are so bad that MAC or Sunbelt teams are more appealing to young coaches with options. The coaching world know that the coots are a 4-6 win team with 9-10 win expectations and 2-3 win culture.

It works in the MAC. Build a Toledo or E. Mich into a 10 win team, then jump. It can be done because ALL of the MACtion teams are in that various cycle. Basically all the teams go from 1-11 to 11-1 every 5 years. You don't have Florida, Georgia, or Tennessee with expectations for a Natty or else keeping the status quo. Heck, you even have Mizzou sneaking in there as the spoiler to the division. The coots are on the Vandy/UK level. A pat on the back for not finishing last but don't expect anything else. If anything, if the Jawja, UF, Tenn loose to you on a down year, it is cause to fire the coach (hey the coots have a future applicant!).

The SEC and coots don't have that fluidity to make a young coach. 10 wins for them is nearly impossible unless they get their hands on a semi-retired national champion-level coach and even then that is short lived causing the program to collapse as so as the coach stops caring. I hate spurrier but he could coach. He could win a conference title at Duke, and keep the coots above .500. It seems that even getting to 8 wins could get you named as a possibility at another school. But with 8 wins, you know the next season will have only net you 3 win so ever bet on that coach.

Sep 22, 2020, 10:44 AM

It is the coots. They will raise a bad decision to an epic failure because that was an option.

pretty funny - worth repeating ......

null

Translation: They'll try to hire Les Miles***

Sep 22, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: also might depend on who is available in a weird year ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: also might depend on who is available in a weird year ]

Hmmmm. I am thinking of a young, unproved head coach in SC who very recently took a Clemson team mired down in the middle of the ACC to repeat National Championships is less than a dozen years.

Could Napier do that for the Gamecocks? I don't know. But I'd put my money on Napier being more successful at South Carolina than Muschamp will ever be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope the vols straight sodomize them into

chicken paste

null

Re: National talk about Coach Muschamp (& Coots) needing a win over Volunteers, or

Their schedule is not unreal tough. The coots are unreal bad.

Sep 21, 2020, 6:23 PM

Who are they kddin’? The nation is not talking about chicken little university, anymore than the nation is talking about the political intrigues of the 13th century Vatican.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:38 PM

Let’s go Cawlks 2020!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After struggling to a 4-8 season a year ago...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:36 AM

and narrowly escaping being fired then only because uof6c couldn't afford the buyout, I'd say he needs to win just about every game.

That said, they still don't have the money to buy him out (especially now in light of COVID when most schools are struggling financially) and he avoids a seventh consecutive loss to Clemson, so they'll probably keep him around at least one more year largely out of necessity rather than preference.

Re: After struggling to a 4-8 season a year ago...

Sep 22, 2020, 2:06 PM

BigCUFan® said:

and narrowly escaping being fired then only because uof6c couldn't afford the buyout, I'd say he needs to win just about every game.

That said, they still don't have the money to buy him out (especially now in light of COVID when most schools are struggling financially) and he avoids a seventh consecutive loss to Clemson, so they'll probably keep him around at least one more year largely out of necessity rather than preference.

I would say that this is the correct answer.

They spent the buyout money on a golden chicken.***

Sep 22, 2020, 8:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Pfft (pic)

Sep 22, 2020, 8:49 AM

usuck

Re: Pfft (pic)

Sep 22, 2020, 10:24 AM

I agree Big CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 10:02 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe all state universities have put a freeze on any new hires.

I'm guessing that means anyone under contract will be safe from being fired to avoid costing the university extra money through the process of paying buyouts and negotiating new contracts for new staff members.

Sep 22, 2020, 2:00 PM

Will couldn’t get it done at Florida.
Will will not get it done at South Carolina.
Will will swallow his ego and end up licking Kirby Smart’s shoes and be a decent D coordinator in Athens.

Petrino would be a good fit and the weather is warmer in Columbia to go cruising on his motorcycle with his girl of the week.

The misery will continue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 2:10 PM

What are the Vegas odds on him being one of Saban's intern/analyst/volunteer/door greeter/towel-getter/drink server/assistant coach/but doesn't count against the number of assistants/ coach?

Sep 22, 2020, 2:20 PM

No way USCe should be favored in this game and a loss should not be surprising. However, I do understand the reasoning of the OP.

USCe will likely stand at 1-5 after the A&M game if they lose Saturday. That almost guarantees Muschamp is gone, maybe before the season ends.

Thing is, Jeremy Pruitt has a mountain of pressure to win this opener because Tennessee fans are some of the most unrealistic nutcases in all of CFB (seriously). He knows hellfire and brimstone will bury him if they lose yet another early season game they have no business losing.

Muschamp has to be sick and tired of the fan abuse and would welcome a mid-season buyout.

agreed***

Sep 22, 2020, 2:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 22, 2020, 2:52 PM

I think he’ll get the covid pass but after that it’ll be Bobo’s show. They don’t wanna lose that QB that commited for him. Also think Tanner will be fired at next year as well. Don’t think he has the balls to fire chump.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again i'll say it.. any coach who can consistently get 7/8

Sep 22, 2020, 3:03 PM

wins in cootlumbia is top shelf for them. Spurrier did them a disservice by coming in a tricking those folks into thinking they could sustain themselves as a national contender. That was downright cruel. It was just perfect timing with in state guys like lattimore, clowney, gilmore and jeffery all at the same time. That crop was truly outstanding and without Spurrier they would have all been Tigers or Bulldogs. That 10year run they got spoiled and still today think they are due for another run. No.

7/8 wins is the standard. With an occasional win over Georgia (bc they usually cough one up a year.) What you don't want is to go back to Sparky Woods or Brad Scott and be a 3/4 win standard. But if that's the game they want to play then its nothing new...go for it. Personally if i was a cooter i would be wearing my Muschump Shirt proudly and slip back into my Jim Beam soaked stupor.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic