Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the most recent word on Tucker Israel?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

What is the most recent word on Tucker Israel?

Jan 19, 2018, 2:38 PM

I haven't seen much on his illness and wondering how things have been going for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Career

Jan 19, 2018, 2:43 PM

Clip board holder

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Career

Jan 19, 2018, 2:54 PM

That's pretty harsh. A non-starter sounds a lot more kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would've been nice to see him play in the right system.

Jan 19, 2018, 3:07 PM

Kid owns pretty much all the statewide passing records in Florida, and thats in 7A ball. He ain't no slouch.

Agree. Tremendous QB who have medical issues and here

Jan 20, 2018, 10:55 AM

along with other excellent QBs.

His injuries have been really unfortunate.

Jan 19, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Career ]

During last year's Spring Game I felt like he had the best grasp of the offense and would push Kelly during the Fall.

Grasp yes, Physical tools no***

Jan 19, 2018, 8:12 PM

Jan 19, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Career ]

Whitehurst made a lot of money holding a clipboard in the NFL

Jan 20, 2018, 10:53 AM

Lol A912, CBJ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I regret that I have but one thumbs down to give to your

Jan 19, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Career ]

post tigersoccer23.

https://giphy.com/gifs/seinfeld-burn-insult-FYDRuz1l1uAWA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I regret that I have but one thumbs down to give to your

Jan 20, 2018, 7:25 AM

That's ok I gave him another thumbs down for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me, too. NOTHING Clemson Family about that post.***

Jan 20, 2018, 7:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

David Hood, where are you on this?

Jan 19, 2018, 3:07 PM

Any word if Tucker is past that rare stomach issue?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tucker Israel, healthy, would be an outstanding QB at next

Jan 19, 2018, 4:15 PM

level: Wofford, Furman, The Citadel, Western Carolina...I wish him the best of luck, and think regardless, he will be an excellent coach in future. He was the best in Spring Game.

Re: Tucker Israel, healthy, would be an outstanding QB at next

Jan 19, 2018, 5:57 PM

I believe he is D1 talent. He just isn't very tall and doesn't run a 4.6 forty. However, he can make the throws with accuracy, and knows where to go with the ball. I'd be willing to guess he can get his team in the right position (protection/audibles/hot reads) and can read defenses. I'm not sure because I haven't seen enough of him to make that claim. Pretty sure he'd be a baller in the right offense. The only worry I'd have is; with his height, field vision and risk of batted balls. If he has an answer for that, then I don't see any reason why he would not be a very successful D1 QB. Again, we haven't seen enough of him on the field to make that call.

Jan 19, 2018, 8:04 PM

Hey, Drew Brees is barely 5'10"

Arm is too weak for FBS, could excel at an FCS or Div II school***

Jan 19, 2018, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Israel, healthy, would be an outstanding QB at next ]

Re: Arm is too weak for FBS, could excel at an FCS or Div II school***

Jan 19, 2018, 8:21 PM

And you know this how?
This post shows how stupid you really are
Tucker has an above Avg arm strength to good
The kid can sling the ball , his size is his only draw back.

Jan 19, 2018, 11:01 PM

He doesn't know this . He values his opinion and treats it as internal fact .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 20, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Arm is too weak for FBS, could excel at an FCS or Div II school*** ]

Better to stay quiet because we only thought you were an idiot. Now you have confirmed it.

height ain’t an issue at the college level, he has no velocity on his passes...

Jan 19, 2018, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Israel, healthy, would be an outstanding QB at next ]

He played good in the last spring game, but a number of his passes could have easily been intercepted due to lack of velocity.

Re: height ain’t an issue at the college level, he has no velocity on his passes...

Jan 20, 2018, 11:19 AM

Key words "could have". They weren't and I'd have to see them to even begin to share this opinion. I did see the Spring Game but don't recall. Another thing to note is that the Spring Game is not him out there with all the ones and not in season form. So even then the opinion doesn't hold full weight. Still, the fact remains that he didn't throw these interceptions, that he "could have", which the opinion is based off of.

Lastly; not every D1 QB has a cannon for an arm. I offer Jake Browning at Washington as an example.

Jan 20, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Israel, healthy, would be an outstanding QB at next ]

He’s short he’s light and he made throws in a spring game and high school and he’s being glorified as he can make “all the throws” let’s be more realistic, there’s a chance he could be good but there’s a bigger chance th coaches have him buried on the depth chart for a reason

Re: What is the most recent word on Tucker Israel?

Jan 19, 2018, 7:52 PM

I hate to see a young man waste his talent like this. That is, unless he so chooses . Who knows what's in his head! Good luck Tucker and sorry we didn't see you play this year.

Jan 19, 2018, 7:59 PM

I am hoping you misspoke. You can't really mean waste? Tucker was or is ill. He has wasted nothing. Victim of circumstance. Praying he fully recovers!

Tucker Israel is not wasting his time, he is a student of

Jan 19, 2018, 8:22 PM

the game, and what better teachers, could he have had?

Re: Tucker Israel is not wasting his time, he is a student of

Jan 19, 2018, 11:47 PM

I have to think he wants to be a coach. His high-school highlight film is pretty incredible, and no doubt he would have played(barring injury or illness) on another team that wasn't so loaded at QB. He can step in for Streeter as the next qb coach when the time comes. :)

Jan 20, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: What is the most recent word on Tucker Israel? ]

Maybe I misspoke or possibly you misinterpreted.
Tucker is a very talented QB. If he remains a Tiger he'll not get the chance to display his talents. I'm not questioning his personal goals (diploma, lifelong Tiger or IF he has coaching aspirations).

Jan 20, 2018, 12:03 AM

College football these days seems to be the place to bury your dreams if you’re not over 6’3” and run like the wind. Sad but true. Look at the ridiculous things Baker Mayfield did whilst in college and they’re already talking about his height, like 6’1” is hobbit-sized.

Life just ain’t easy for a 5’10.5” quarterback these days, particularly if he falls under the “pro-style” label.

Jan 20, 2018, 5:58 AM

Apparently the staff had no problem recognizing his talent, regardless of any physical limitations. It's the fans and the wanna-be NFL gurus who make life difficult for the players. Lastly, Tucker knows what he can and can't do...he also knows he wanted a Clemson diploma and be a 'Tiger for Life'. He's accomplishing both...and has a very nice ring collection, to boot!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw below where someone said "clipboard holder" not a

Jan 20, 2018, 10:57 AM

Nice thing to say in the very least. Some of these very very talented qb's play extraordinary roles as scout team qb'! I mean our D is so much better because who they get to practice against a few days a week. Be thankful and respectful for the "clipboard holders" They are important and wouldn't want to do without them.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic