Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been in DV when the mood wasn't right before the game,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,147

I've been in DV when the mood wasn't right before the game,

Oct 7, 2014, 10:02 PM

And usually when things feel "off", it leads to disaster. Why mess with a good thing? Why put undue pressure on our players? Let them perform in their natural environment. And let's give them that environment. Let them answer Petrino in their way, and let's answer in the way we do best.

Our best is loud start to finish, and not when we're silent. We tried against ND...it didn't work. But ClemsonLoud has worked many times, and usually the opposing team leaves complimenting us for the environment. Why mess with a good thing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont really care for it either

Oct 7, 2014, 10:11 PM

why not make them sit in the visiting locker room, forced to hear the roars of the cadence count, forced to feel the vibrations of the ground beneath them.

On top of that, why make our Tigers sit in their locker room and not feel anything? Not hear anything.

The idea is kind of cool I admit, but I feel this is more of something to do at a basketball game

So...pressure on the team I get...

Oct 7, 2014, 10:18 PM

I've potentially had an at length discussion about this with a person I believe to be very sound in mind when it comes to Tiger Fandom.

I don't want them to get nervous either. And because I don't think it can be executed properly, I too am intrigued, but not sold.

If I get in DV Saturday and the jumbotron is playing without sound and the band marches, but no sound...then I'm in like a dirty shirt. Because remember, as soon as the cannon fires and they run down the hill...it's absolute chaos...possibly more so than normal because of the buildup. It could be EPIC. But it could also be failure.

So, I'll follow the lead of the band and the announcers...otherwise, it's business as usual.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, I'll gladly participate in it if its really

Oct 8, 2014, 9:33 AM

going to happen and the band isnt playing etc. but I dont want half the stadium to be silent and half not

Not to mention makes us look overly sensitive...

Oct 7, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to I dont really care for it either ]

Clemson fans and the atmosphere we create is special. We don't have to ask people to take notice. They will notice.

It's like the coots trying to convince people that their entrance is awesome. Oh. Please, please rank our fire extinguishers as one of the best entrances. Please see how cool 2001 is. Please incluse us in the popular club. Huh, spike...can we be friends? Pathetic!

We shouldn't have to be gimmicky like them to make people take notice. This is DEATH VALLEY. Win or lose, you will know by the time you leave and you will always have respect.

There is no disagreeing with this...period.

Oct 7, 2014, 10:29 PM

Doesn't matter what I've said, this is legit.

But TigersTeeth...how can you rain on SCar without laughing at VaTech...

I was listening to Enter Sandman before it was cool VaTech...like you know, when it went Platinum in 1991...not NINE years later, when you decided it was cool.

Anyway...sorry for the tangent. Just thought VaTech deserved to be mentioned if we're laughing at CFB entrances...

several differences between VT and USuC...

Oct 7, 2014, 10:37 PM

1.) VT has backed their entrance up with wins until recently.
2.) E.S. will always be a cool song.
3.) it's not associated with Rick Flair or a space odyssey. Whoooooo.
4.) They don't beg you to like it....they just shake their keys and do what they do and you either bring it or you don't.

So while not my fav, I can respect it.

Alright...fair enough.

Oct 7, 2014, 10:44 PM

They coincided the "tradition" with a winning legacy...

But they better get back on the ball quick. Or that song is going to lose the respect. Not the Metallica respect...just the VT respect. Beamer better get it in control if he hopes to preserve that tradtion.

As for the shaking of the keys...between that and Ga. Tech's "Whistle Blows" after a win...two of the best (because they're the most frustrating) traditions I've seen when at a visitor venue.

has Dabo weighed in on this? He likes the crowd up when they

Oct 7, 2014, 10:14 PM

come out to the top of the hill. Quiet with them at the top of the hill would feel like we are at our own funeral. The opposite of what we should be doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Exactly***

Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM

Re: I've been in DV when the mood wasn't right before the game,

Oct 7, 2014, 10:31 PM

I agree. I personally don't care for the silent treatment idea and prefer to just go in and yell as loud as I can the whole time. I think it is better to just "do what we do" and let Louisville know from start to finish they are in for a deafening experience.

In my opinion - if we fans bring our "A" game the team will feed off our energy and won't need any silly gimmicks to beat these guys...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2014, 10:49 PM

I agree. Do what we always do and don't flatter Louisville by doing something different. Stay focused.

Oct 7, 2014, 10:34 PM

It feels like forcing the issue last year with FSU and having the Guiness people there to record our noise record. The game and the record attempt were bad experiences.

Oct 7, 2014, 10:53 PM

Agreed again regarding FSU game. We weren't focused on winning the game. We were distracted by other things like a sound level record. Stay focused and those other things will come. The players don't need to sense anything different other than the usual support.

I hope the band or cheerleaders don't try something different then Louisville will have an advantage while our players are distracted.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic