Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oklahoma vs Army 2018
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,398

Oklahoma vs Army 2018

Oct 2, 2019, 9:20 AM

Kyler Murray Heisman winner, Oklahoma best offense in Nation, Lincoln Riley one the best offensive minds in College Football had to beat Army in OT last season 28-21 with 355 total yards.

Jay Bateman was the DC for Army. The same guy we faced Saturday at UNC. I think UNC has better athletes than Army and I think Jay is a heck of a defensive coordinator. Would I have liked to destroy UNC on Saturday? yes I would have, but just like Dabo said you have to give the other team some credit too. Bateman has a reputation of being a great young defensive mind, and this was a our first time facing him. He made us work for it. It wasn't pretty but we came out with the win.

It'll be some good stuff to sort out over the next week on film and help our team get better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, if Venables ever leaves...

Oct 2, 2019, 9:30 AM

We want Bateman.

haha not sure about that

Oct 2, 2019, 9:42 AM

Elko from A&M would be a top choice for me. Bateman is good though....I think Dabo promotes from within though.

His defense has given up at least 20 points in every game

Oct 2, 2019, 10:59 AM

20 to the Coots
25 to Miami
24 to Wake
34 to App State
21 to Clemson

That's not Venables-esque.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so offense wise

Oct 2, 2019, 11:27 AM

App St. > Miami > Wake > Clemson > Coots

still winning over the coots though : )

In fairness...

Oct 2, 2019, 12:53 PM [ in reply to His defense has given up at least 20 points in every game ]

he's not working with the same level of talent that BV has either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Army's defense had almost nothing to do with holding OU

Oct 2, 2019, 11:14 AM

to 28 points. The reason that Oklahoma only scored 28 is because their defense couldn't get off the field. Army had the ball 44:41! vs Oklahoma's 15:19.

When Oklahoma DID have the ball, they basically moved down the field at will averaging 11.0 YPA and 7.6 YPC. They achieved their 355 yards in just 40 plays averaging close to 9 yards per play (that's elite).

In comparison, Clemson averaged just 6.9 YPA and 4.0 YPC. We had 331 yards on 61 plays - just 5.4 yards per play (not very good.) Other than UNC's last drive of the game - which lasted 8:37 - our defense did did a very good job getting off of the field and getting the ball back to the offense (which generally couldn't do anything with it).

Re: Oklahoma vs Army 2018

Oct 2, 2019, 7:13 PM

Excellent observation. Great post.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,398
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic