Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As long as it is time to play GM of NFL team....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

As long as it is time to play GM of NFL team....

Jan 16, 2021, 6:45 PM

..... I'll throw out a wild scenario.

1. Watson wants out of Houston.
2. It would take a team with lots of draft picks they could afford to trade to get him (so says conventional wisdom).
3. Jags have more draft picks than anyone else.

So, what if Jags offered Houston the #1 and #45 picks in the draft for Watson?

Talk about Clemson fans having mixed feelings about that! It would be the ultimate good news/bad news situation.

Note: Not gonna happen. Not predicting or even thinking it will happen. But, I just thought of it this afternoon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as it is time to play GM of NFL team....

Jan 16, 2021, 7:11 PM

Here's a wild scenario for you;
Jags take Justin Fields.
Remember who their new Head Coach is!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 9:02 AM

Justin Fields was recruited by Ryan Day, not Urban. Urban has a serious man crush on Trevor, urban is going to say all the nice things not to insult the other QBs, but he took this job to coach with Trevor and I would be flabbergasted to see any other result.

They take 1 & 45 for DW, only when BOB's the GM****

Jan 16, 2021, 10:24 PM

Jan 16, 2021, 10:48 PM

I'm not sure if the Jags wouldn't want more than just Watson. There's value in having a upper echelon QB on a rookie deal.

Jan 17, 2021, 1:09 AM

Just my opinion, but I don't see DW4 wanting to go to the Jags.

Jan 17, 2021, 7:47 AM

Watson will end up in Miami. There are no other teams that can offer what Miami has, not even the Jags. The one thing that is separating Miami from everyone else is the fact that they have Tua on a rookie del and also have a top three pick, plus and extra second rounder, in this draft thanks to Houston.

Houston can get their picks back, #3 and the second rounder this year, plus Miami has Tua on a rookie deal. It has been reported that Houston was very high on Tua before the draft last year, but weren't in the market for a QB. So they though, huh?

The new GM from New England is also reported have a fondness of Tua and that could really make Houston feel as if they could right a horrible wrong by gaining their picks back and also get a young talented QB that they feel the team could build around.

Making a deal with Miami is the only trade that both sides would come way truly feeling as if they got the best of the other. When in reality, Miami would be making another heist in Houston while the Texan's hold the door open for the Dolphins as they pilfer and plunder, taking Watson and also what little self respect the Texan's had left.

Miami has been doing everything they can to "prop" Tua's image up. Blair, the GM, and Flores, the coach, have both went on record saying that Tua is their starter next year. No questions. Another reality is that neither are truly sold on Tua, yet they have to make his image look prestine.

There was a reason that Miami pushed Tua onto the feild, even during a possible playoff push. They want to make Tua seem healthy and to dismiss any fears of his hip injury. Tua was also placed in a very simplistic system that kept him from having to play beyond his means. Tua is limited and they hid this limitations building a system that didn't require him to throw the ball past 10 yards on a consistent basis.

Tua nut-huggers complain about the lack of weapons and how the receivers drop passes Tua had the lowest drop rate of any QB in the NFL this past season at 14.6%. That s low, but not hard to accomplish when you only throw 10 yard outs, curls or slants every play. That stat probes the receivers don't drop passes down in Miami. Bad throws from the QB? That's another story.

One last stat. Tua had a 37% completion rate on throws of 15 yards or longer through the air, good for 29th in the league. That is low, really low. Tua nut-huggers say thy the receivers can't get open, they are trash. Well, Fitzpatrick led the entire league with a 63% completion rating on throws of 15 yards or longer through the air. Yes, Fitz was #1 with this same trash receivers.

Miami needs to move on from Tua, and they know it. Something is going to happen this off-season. Miami has a real #### at trading for Watson. Miami could take Feilds or another QB with the 3rd pick in the draft. I think that would be another major mistake. Rumors have it that Miami could also try to make a deal with the Jags for the 1st pick and draft Lawrence.

Miami has out themselves in a tough spot with Tua, but they have been nothing short of genius by continuing to make Tua look better than he is. Tia was made into something he wasn't by Saban and Alabama, and now Miami is trying to prop the game manager up just as well.

My apologies for the book, but I try to be precise with my analysis, so i seem to ramble on.

great post ...***

Jan 17, 2021, 2:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 8:13 AM

If that happens, TL should refuse to sign with the Texans. Playing for a team that won't build around you (and lies to you) is a good way to have a career-ending injury. Even JJ Watt wants out after persevering all of these years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 17, 2021, 9:46 AM

Jags wouldn't need to do that. They can just take TL and not have a huge contract like Deshaun would bring.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic