Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
getting CU class rings resized
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

getting CU class rings resized

Nov 17, 2016, 7:02 PM

Finally have my ring back (long story) and it's too small now. I think somebody told me once that you could get em resized for free, but I have none of the paperwork or a receipt, and have no idea who I bought it from. Any idea who made CU rings in 1980? Think they'd still have a record of my purchase? No big deal, I'll gladly pay to get it resized if I have to, but thought I'd check.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Probably Balfour

Nov 17, 2016, 7:05 PM

They made the '68 rings. I had mine resized recently. They did it free of charge. Google their contact info.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

they did the 98 rings as well***

Nov 17, 2016, 7:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably Balfour

Nov 17, 2016, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Probably Balfour ]

At some point we switched to Herff Jones, who resized mine awhile back. If you call the bookstore, they can tell you who the manufacturer was the year you ordered yours.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: getting CU class rings resized

Nov 17, 2016, 7:31 PM

I had my ring resized a few years ago. Herff Jones was doing rings in '84. A Herff Jones ring should have a HJ stamp on the inside. They will resize it for free (you may have to pay shipping) if the ring hasn't been altered. If it's been worked on by someone else, they will charge you to resize it (probably about $50). I think all of the official manufacturers have similar policies. If you can verify who made the ring, just contact them (Google) and ask how to go about the process. They can confirm by the year if they made it and once they see it, they'll know if someone else has worked on it. Sounds complicated, but it really isn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herff-Jones

Nov 17, 2016, 7:32 PM

You can make a claim on their website, download the forms, etc.

You send to them (insured & with tracking) and they will mail you a shiny new ring in 6-8 weeks. Please understand it will be a new ring, not your original. Unfortunately, I am on my 4th replacement due to damage and resizing. I wish it had more "wear" to indicate being 24 years old, but each time they have sent a new ring.

Go Tigers!

Nov 17, 2016, 7:51 PM

Call the Book Store and ask for guidance, or go on-line with the manufacturer. I am much older than you, and Jostens made my ring. I had to get it resized, and there was no charge for that, but I did get a new stone, as mine had chipped, and there was a fee for that. Also, there is a shipping/handling charge and an insurance charge, but I considered them reasonable. I think you can do it on-line, too. The ring companies the university uses are very reputable. Very pleased with mine, although it has shrunk again (actually I have expanded even more). That's what happens at age 65. (I will send it off after the season, but not now, due to superstitions about changing during the season). Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it...

Nov 17, 2016, 7:56 PM

Looks like I'd better start with the bookstore, as all 3 of the major ring manufacturers have made Clemson rings at some point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2016, 8:00 PM

Balfour for sure

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Used to be a HJ office in Greenville where they would RESIZE

Nov 17, 2016, 8:07 PM

and not replace....been about 15 years since mine was done. AMAZING how those things keep shrinking over the years!!!!!

Nov 17, 2016, 8:20 PM

Check inside the ring- probably Josten's--I just had my 79 ring resized- look up --800 number under Josten's warranty- no cost- check with them how they will redo- they said sometimes they have to redo or replace stone as it will crack- I did not want mine remade, too much history with that ring-let me know if you have any questions- took about 5 -6 weeks

Nov 17, 2016, 8:30 PM

Josten did my ring - 1970. Mfg stamp on the inside of the ring. They resize in half sizes. Can get all needed info and forms on internet.

OK, it's Herff Jones...got a bright light & magnifying glass

Nov 17, 2016, 9:03 PM

and see "HJ" engraved inside the ring. I didn't notice earlier because it was almost worn off. Doesn't mean Herff Jones made the 1980 rings originally, because I was too broke to buy one in school and my Mom got it for me a few years later, probably mid-80s. Thanks again for all the help.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic