Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought Sampah was a lock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I thought Sampah was a lock

Apr 30, 2019, 6:44 AM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Sampah was a lock

Apr 30, 2019, 6:48 AM

I thought we had a great shot. LSU gets two five stars in less than a week. Bama better take notice!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 7:03 AM

Yeah his was a very Bizzarre recruitment and still might not be over didn’t have LSU in his top eight that was posted and also rumored recently to Miami who also wasnt in top 8. didn’t think it was a lock but deafinately thought it was a good chance.

The thing us ametuers never know is culture /personality fit and acedemics

Apr 30, 2019, 12:20 PM

I personally don't put much stock into LSU not being in the top 8. He released a top 8 back in February, and then he took visits to multiple schools in March and April including LSU. He didn't release any other top schools list after these visits to my knowledge. I don't think anyone here would find it strange at all if a recruit who hadn't visited here before didn't have us in his top schools, but ended up having us as his favorite once he did visit here. Or are our coaches the only ones in the country capable of doing this without cheating?

He likes crawdads

Apr 30, 2019, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought Sampah was a lock ]

a LOT.

Apr 30, 2019, 7:47 AM

Don’t know either this or the Jarrett commitment sticks. Funky recruitments, both - also I’d take Trenton Simpson and/or Justin Flowe over Sampah. Good player but stiff and slow - think Tre Lamar.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:13 AM

Remind anyone of the Kimbeechee fiasco? Did LSU hire Hugh Freeze as a recruiter?

Apr 30, 2019, 8:32 AM

we backed off. character issues. got another whale on the line.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This***

Apr 30, 2019, 9:06 AM

New season of swamp people is a heckuva

Apr 30, 2019, 8:55 AM

Recruiting pitch

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nothing wrong with him. We "seem" to be FULL

Apr 30, 2019, 9:05 AM

Funny though,seeing guys that could be locks because we are supposedly full with recruits at LB/DL that just haven't made their decisions public yet. May just might be exciting, but will be a nail biter until decisions are made public.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:15 AM

LSU get another defensive commit... ok

Do they have any offensive ability (I think one WR) or do they just let OLB play as the slot receiver to make sure everyone has playing time?

Actually the real loser here is Virginia Tech. How many recent defensive talents have shunned Blacksburg of late? Shows 0% interest is Bud while the program is imploding. Sure, we nabbed Clelin but a lot of talent is leaching out of my native state...

Bud has the Hollifield pipeline

Apr 30, 2019, 9:17 AM

People forget that

Apr 30, 2019, 11:34 AM

It's tough when our best LBs aren't getting drafted and LSU's are. Our LBs are terrific in college, but I also think they're heavily dependent on getting the last minute call from Coach V.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from what i've read on Sampah

Apr 30, 2019, 3:33 PM

we liked him....just not enough to take a commitment from him right now. We have 1 LB spot and we are targeting two other 5* guys. Sampah would probably be a take later closer to say December if we didn't get those other guys. It sucks but we have the luxury of being picky right now. So picky that we aren't taking 5* guys bc we have 5* guys higher on our board.

Apr 30, 2019, 3:39 PM

Supposedly Venables thought Sampah was kind of a "buzz kill" and he wanted someone he could vibe with more.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic