Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1,008

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 17, 2020, 7:57 AM

Friday night, stopped buy Greatful Brew for some beer then Barbaritos for a nice, uncrowded supper.

Saturday kicked around in the yard for a bit, I've been working clear privet and some other mess off the fence but I get really bored after about an hour so it is slow moving. Bento Boy's for supper then out for a few more beers.

Sunday, late state, hit the gym about 1 lunch about 2:45 for some then to Woodruff to find baby shower and birthday gifts for various family members.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, our older son and family go the Barbarito’s every Mon

Feb 17, 2020, 8:01 AM

Nite to support the owner who goes to their church. Friendly folks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Feb 17, 2020, 8:04 AM

Fri - Fished lake Russell, was cold and muddy, only put 9 fish in the boat

Met fam at Doug K for the opener, left in the 7th to get kids fed and in the bed

Sat - Stayed around home, played outside with the kids, grilled ribeyes for dinner

Sun - Church, momof took all da kids bowling, back to church and beat a 9th grader in 3 games of basketball and 6 games of ping pong

Weirdest Valentines Sex Innuendo so far....

Feb 17, 2020, 8:44 AM

"Fished lake Russell, was cold and muddy, only put 9 fish in the boat"

Congrats on the 9incher though, Russell probably loves that and I hope you guys had fun.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually my fishing date was Steve

Feb 17, 2020, 8:48 AM

no relation to Phteven.

butt thx

You 9 incher brings all the boys to the yard***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:51 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He uses it to lure them in***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:52 AM

Re: He uses it to lure them in***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:59 AM

Finally a dry weekend! Spent time at build site chain

Feb 17, 2020, 8:06 AM

Sawing a couple trees. One a wild cherry that appeared to be dyeing and a tall cedar that was crowding a beautiful oak tree. Got cherry firewood now and some nice cedar posts. Might use the posts later on the build a smoke shed.
Great tiger sports day Sat! The traffic in town was like ATL at rush hour!

Wait wait wait wait wait, you can't just use that cheery

Feb 17, 2020, 5:01 PM

wood for a fire. Save that for the smoke shed, assuming we are talking about similar things when you say smoke shed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not?

Feb 17, 2020, 8:19 AM

Because if there isn't meat getting flavored with that smoke

Feb 17, 2020, 8:22 AM

then it is a waste.

I will save all the limb wood for smoking!***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:40 AM

What color was that tree dyeing?***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Finally a dry weekend! Spent time at build site chain ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Dark grey bark. Tree trunk still green wood.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:24 AM

There are a number of wild cherrys on the property, multi-trunk. 50 ft high.

Re: Finally a dry weekend! Spent time at build site chain

Feb 17, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Finally a dry weekend! Spent time at build site chain ]

Will you make the cedar posts yourself?

Somewhat...will leave them fairly rough

Feb 17, 2020, 9:27 AM

Bottom of trunk is 18" diameter; tree close to 50 ft.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 17, 2020, 8:08 AM

Very unremarkable and nothing worth noting.

Welp, the Tigers won in shooty hoops but I didn't die.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:10 AM

Spent the weekend at Sugar Mountain. Shot pool, grilled steaks, checked out snow bunnies.

10+/10 (+ cuz shooty hoops team looked like they knew what they were doing.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

So laid back, it was almost boring.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:13 AM

Friday, got take out from Red Bowl and hunkered down with the Valentine's Day classic True Romance. Nothing says 'love' quite like Quentin Tarantino.

Saturday, chores, then took pup to run with Joonyer's pup at Mom's. Took pup home and went to Cabelas to see if there was anything I wanted spend gift cards on but nothing I needed. Stopped in Frugal's and snagged three different sixers off the sale table because half price beer. Home to make a pizza, drink a few of said aforementioned beers, fell asleep in the Big Chair watching Lost In Space on Netflix.

Sunday, long walk with pup, family gathering at Friendly Billiards for DELICIOUS Sunday buffet, home for nap. Woke up and made grocery run, ate leftover Red Bowl, fell asleep in Big Chair watching Lost In Space.

Still off today, heading to Greenville shortly to hopefully firm up Joonyer's rehearsal dinner stuff in June.

9/10 weekend, the relaxing part was OK but I prefer more excitement. Point deduction for sinus crud and back flaring up again.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Lost in Space is

Feb 17, 2020, 9:30 AM

A sedative.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. was watching it.

Feb 17, 2020, 9:43 PM

But yeah, pretty much.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 8:21 AM

Thursday - I took the evening shift off to work my side hustle. We had a Daddy Daughter dance at an elementary school to attend with the photo booth. We were non stop for the 2 hrs. The line started before the event time and ended when it was all over.

Friday after work I don't recall doing much, wait that was VD day. I cooked lobster and corn chowda for dinner. It makes a enough to eat on for the rest of the week.

Saturday I worked some in the morning, attended my niece's bday party and then had another Daddy Daughter dance at the Marriott in Gvegas. 3 hrs of non stop photo booth action. I think we made some excellent contacts from this event. Got home ore the f out and crashed

Sunday I tried to sleep in but had to get some house cleaning done. Lounged around the house for most of the day after that watching the Back to the Future trilogy. I had no idea Billy Zane was in that. Have you seen the Robert Downey Jr / Tom Holland mashup of this? God I hope they don't remake this movie but if they do they've found their actors.

I had left over death chili for lunch and Im feeling it today. For dinner I I cooked a London broil. Thats about it.

I'm ready for you to have a second booth then I'll go run it

Feb 17, 2020, 8:24 AM

for you on select days. I need a side hustle.

you might jest but as popular as this thing is, I can easily

Feb 17, 2020, 8:25 AM

see me buying a second one

I only half jest. If y'all got to the point of needing

Feb 17, 2020, 8:29 AM

somebody like ever other Saturday or something I'd be in. More interest in being a pack mule and carney than having any real responsibility

I konw that feeling***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:30 AM

Because you love dealing with the public so much?

Feb 17, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I'm ready for you to have a second booth then I'll go run it ]

Especially the brats that will be at these places

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I will say this, the public has little regard for people

Feb 17, 2020, 8:29 AM

that service them. I have a new found appreciation. Between both events Id say we got 5 thank yous. The other 98% was then tossing around props.

Nice and quiet

Feb 17, 2020, 8:22 AM

Cooked an excellent meal for my bride using the kit from fresh mkt Friday

Went to winter farmers market for pastries and hydroponic lettuce then watched baseball & softball Saturday

Piddled around doing not much Sunday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

friday night.. nice dinner

Feb 17, 2020, 9:15 AM

At a French place in Falls Park.. then headed to Barleys.
SaturdAy.. started moving stuff out of my house. Got a little left to go.
Went shopping for a few Canada things..
Yesterday was a good relaxing day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

decent

Feb 17, 2020, 9:16 AM

Myfavjr. had Strep and Flu. Took care of him Friday night.

Saturday: Worked a couple of hours. Took a two hour nap. Watched Clemson pull the feathers off of the cardinals. Cooked spaghetti, read with MfOjr. and played some.

Sunday: Ate dinner with MfO mom. Took MfOjr. to his mom's for a couple of days. Read, ate, cleaned some ate leftovers for supper. Watched "The Breakup" and Called it a night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not bad - wish we could've had two saturdays

Feb 17, 2020, 9:26 AM

fri - nice dinner in the new neighborhood. could've walked but didn't. poundtown and other typical v-day shenanigans

sat - worked around the yard. prepped site for a storage shed out back. met some friends for messican later that night

sun - laid around, bored as hell b/c another day of rain. ran up to pga superstore and bought a new scotty cameron. hopefully it'll be warm enough soon to play. at least now i'll look sweet when I 3 putt!

also made a fire flank steak w/ some home made chimichurri sauce last night. it was the bees knees - going to make some tacos with the left overs tonight. pretty excited

7.5/10

Feb 17, 2020, 9:31 AM

Can’t remember.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disney.*******

Feb 17, 2020, 9:35 AM

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Feb 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

Friday Valentine's Day. Made shrimp and grits for me and Granny. She found out cancer is back and will start radiation. Hopefully that will do it. She has a very positive attitude. Whispered sweet nothing's to Granny. Cuz that's all I got.

Saturday was western day. Started putting together new file cabinet. Got to putting drawers together and found out I had parts missing. Cussed it and went and made corn potato ham chowder for me and Granny.

Sunday was action Sunday. Watched soccer. Cleaned. Made pizza for me and Granny.

Today got three granddaughters coming to visit.

Tenuous faith in humanity limps on.

Feb 17, 2020, 9:59 AM
weber.jpg(162.8 K)

Bought a brand new Weber smoker from a dude on craigslist yesterday. The price was fair ($40 below list) and it didn't seem right to haggle. We met in a shopping center, so if the guy ripped me off I wouldn't be able to burn his house down. I was trusting enough to hand him the money and drive away without taking too close a look at what was in the box. As I was driving home I wondered if I was the biggest sucker ever. Guess what? It was totally legit! All brand new and not a single part dented, broken, or missing. My tenuous faith in humanity limps on.

Good lawd those things cost more than I thought they did.***

Feb 17, 2020, 10:03 AM

Need some cheery wood? ??

Feb 17, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Tenuous faith in humanity limps on. ]

Murcielago®

Hail yeah***

Feb 17, 2020, 10:39 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1,008
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic