Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
remember the outrage at a comedian joking about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

remember the outrage at a comedian joking about

Jan 12, 2021, 12:20 PM

beheading trump? the outrage was justified, IMO.

Now, a seditious mob, at the instigation of the President, marches on the Capitol intent on actually assassinating the VP and you people are like, "meh it was a setup up dude"

all of you people who dismiss what happened last week need to do some serious soul searching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But have you met my friend, Whatabout?***

Jan 12, 2021, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link?***

Jan 12, 2021, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: link?***

Jan 12, 2021, 1:35 PM

will this help ?

https://www.radio.com/1010wins/news/politics/video-pro-trump-mob-chants-hang-mike-pence

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, it's been ascertained that their primary goal

Jan 12, 2021, 12:27 PM

was killing Pence? Got a link there? Like I said, the ones gawking at statues were the worst assassins I've ever seen.

IMHO, it shouldn't be dismissed any more than it should be hyperbolized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"primary goal" ?? i never said that. but if it helps you

Jan 12, 2021, 12:40 PM

justify your existence. I guess they should be forgiven since there were a plurality of "goals"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL..."justify my existence". Ok dude.

Jan 12, 2021, 12:45 PM

I'm not forgiving anything---it was stupid, harmful, and they all should serve time for it....I just don't need ascribe overly-inflated extra-evil motives to an entire crowd of largely idiots to feel even better about my bluster.

Seriously though....link that this "mob" were hellbent on killing Pence? You said it, how about justifying your own inflated indignation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are literally videos of chants of hang Mike Pence

Jan 12, 2021, 12:59 PM

shouted from the Capitol. but you already know that

There's no use arguing the degree of determination

Jan 12, 2021, 1:04 PM [ in reply to LOL..."justify my existence". Ok dude. ]

among the mob taking over the capitol. Chanting, "Hang Mike Pence" doesn't require qualification, it's just that. Would they have done it if they had the chance? Who knows? And we didn't need or want to find out. Idiots might they be, but instead of dismissing their ineptitude, everyone should be condemning their actions.

Ok, we agree.

Jan 12, 2021, 1:22 PM

Show me someone not condemning their actions and I'll jump right in that thread and set em straight.

That seemed to be your intent by trivializing their

Jan 12, 2021, 1:39 PM

ability to carry out the plan, primary or not. There's no hyperbole in describing what they did as a coup or insurrection; they stormed the Capitol, stopped the vote on election certification, destroyed property, and threatened to hang Mike Pence. How do you really determine the capability of a mob? While it's easy to say, "coulda been worse" or "it's just a buncha ragey doofuses", we'll never know what could've happened if they would've gotten a hold of a lawmaker. They killed a police officer, and they're supposed to like those guys, so it's not a stretch to think they would've killed a lawmaker if they could have.

I'll be waiting patiently.

Jan 12, 2021, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Ok, we agree. ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/seditious-mob-28495952

It is, in fact, just that. It's just that AND

Jan 12, 2021, 1:40 PM [ in reply to There's no use arguing the degree of determination ]

some members of the group were armed. Some had zip ties. Some had threatened harm via internet postings. Some had stun guns.

Right, we don't know exactly what would have happened. I think we know enough to call it a)horrendous and b) criminal.

I mean I'm pretty sure that if someone breaks into my house and screams HANG THAREALDONJUAN there is evidence that it was premeditated and they are armed I can just shoot them right in the fugging face without committing a crime. Know one knows exactly what would have happened, but the law will let me make a reasonable inference.

Same situation, but in the Capitol building, and scores if not hundreds more...why can't the same reasonable inference be made?

I'm just really not sure where the disdain for accuracy

Jan 12, 2021, 1:59 PM

is coming from.

One more recap. On Wednesday, you had a group of individuals engage in collective dumbassery. Said dumbassery was illegal, shameful, and generally harmful to the psyche of the country.

Within that broad collection of dumbassery--you had differing degrees of evil intentions---based on the video evidence we've seen you had a lot of angry people who seemed to be protesting and seeking to delay the count (dumb and illegal) who generally trashed the place, additional morons who seemed to be along for the ride and were just gawking at the sights inside and posting selfies, and a handful of the professional seriously unhinged militia types who probably were looking to kill/kidnap someone or would have if the opportunity had presented itself.

So, in my humble opinion, here on 1/12, you are engaging in equal idiocy if you:

1) Act like these people were justified
2) Act like any of these people shouldn't be prosecuted
3) Act like it's no Big whoop
4) Act like these people were all out to slaughter politicians
5) Act like these people were largely literally seeking to overthrow the government moreso than protest what they (wrongly) though was an invalid election and or just raise general helll.

It's a pretty big event---there's really no additional enhancements that need to be made to the handwaving to make it worse, and even lamer are the attempts to paint someone trying to reel in the hyperbole as not GAS about it, or worse, justifying it.

I feel like you have accurately painted the accuracy of the

Jan 12, 2021, 2:03 PM

event and I have no disdain whatsoever for that.

Ok, so we can agree that someone posting

Jan 12, 2021, 2:06 PM

"a seditious mob, at the instigation of the President, marches on the Capitol intent on actually assassinating the VP", or "They should have all been shot on sight" is about as overwrought and hysterical as an old lady calling the cops because she sees a black man in the neighborhood.

Eh. Let's break this down.

Jan 12, 2021, 2:29 PM

Naw, not the same. Not the same at all.

Let the last part read "an old lady calling the cops because she sees a black man in the neighborhood who a) had posted specific threats on social media b) was among a group of people, some of which were armed with guns or tazers and/or had zip ties, were c) trespassing and INSIDE HER HOME, and d) some of which were yelling HANG THE OLD LADY and e) were only there because the president of the free world encouraged them to rally nearby and march toward her house and that was coupled by his personal attorney calling for TRIAL BY COMBAT on the very same day.

So where your post and the one I agree with differentiate, IMO is around quantifying "some" and insinuating "all".

Should some have been shot on sight? Nope. Not on sight. Should the lady who was shot have been shot? Yep. Sure enough. She should have been.

A seditious mob? True, at least by definition of sedition.

Instigated by the President? I would hope we can agree here.

March on the Capitol with the intent of actually assassinating the VP? Surely not ALL fits here. Not even MOST fits here. I think there is enough evidence that one could reasonably assume that perhaps SOME may have (or even likely) had this intent. How many is some? One? 5? 8? That I don't know.

How do I arrive at some having intent to do really bad things? The totality of the event and evidence that is appearing each day.

Just because string up a noose in your front yard and I break down the door of your home with a group of people (some with guns, tazers, zip ties, etc.) and yell HANG OBED and act angry and kill a policeman during the process and cause your family to lock themselves into a room for several hours in fear doesn't mean I'm there to assassinate you does it?

I mean, I may not get convicted on attempted murder charges for it. That's fine, let the legal system run it's course. You can, however, beat me to death or shoot and kill me and it would be justified.

Well, that was the only goal they had that you found worth

Jan 12, 2021, 1:17 PM [ in reply to "primary goal" ?? i never said that. but if it helps you ]

mentioning...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you need an ogre, just make one up.***

Jan 12, 2021, 12:53 PM [ in reply to wait, it's been ascertained that their primary goal ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you need an ogre, just make one up.***

Jan 12, 2021, 1:11 PM

This doesn't sound made-up.

https://twitter.com/ExportedFromMI/status/1347763885646827522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1347763885646827522%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hth

Jan 12, 2021, 1:44 PM [ in reply to wait, it's been ascertained that their primary goal ]

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/10/hang-mike-pence-twitter-stops-phrase-trending-capitol-breach

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems to make my point, thanks.

Jan 12, 2021, 2:12 PM

I hear about 20 people yelling that, and no one visible in the frame engaging in the chant, and then this line from the story "I heard at least three different rioters at the Capitol say that they hoped to find Vice-President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor" pretty much cements my opinion that Alex's claim that the entire (or even a majority) of mob was out to assassinate the VP is complete bulllshit.

If your initial reaction is to act like this post means I'm excusing those idiots with expressed murderous intentions (real or not), please read my reply to TRDJ first. Thanks.

"seditious mob"

Jan 12, 2021, 12:29 PM

Are you virtue signaling? Cause I think you are virtue signaling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But last week...

Jan 12, 2021, 1:00 PM

You were celebrating the fact that it was and cheering them on.

Sounds like you need to get your story straight.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Well.......

Jan 12, 2021, 1:20 PM [ in reply to "seditious mob" ]

They broke down police barricades, murdering a cop in the process, then stormed our seat of government, holding signs and shouting about overturning the result of a democratic election.

You DO know what "sedition" means, right? And "mob"?

Re: "seditious mob"

Jan 12, 2021, 1:29 PM [ in reply to "seditious mob" ]

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1349043289563959296?s=20

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah somebody had "whatabouted" Kathy Griffin -

Jan 12, 2021, 12:31 PM

who rightfully had her gigs dropped, TV appearances cut, and has seen what little of a career she had wither into virtually nothing following that stunt. These straw man stretches are disappointing but certainly not unexpected.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somebody (ahem) also mischaracterized that person's usage of

Jan 12, 2021, 12:41 PM

Kathy Griffin, in which they were illustrating that a poorly constructed gallows on the lawn no more indicated that every person in that crowd wanted to actually kill congresspeople than her cover shot indicated she really wished to decapitate Trump.

No offense lou, I like you, but "whatabout" may be more overused and incorrectly used around here than even the word "literally". Whatabout, as it's correctly used, means someone is trying to justify something poor by pointing out equally poor behavior. That's not the case here...this is an analogy that points out the hyperbole required to take a crowd consisting of largely morons and paint them all as cold blooded killers.

Asking that we see events as part of a history rather than

as a photograph is not whatabout.

Whatabout is a thing, but is a thing only when used to justify an action. "Trump sleeps around." "Dude, JFK". Is that whatabout, or is it a comment that we long ago chose what we will accept? Depends on the conversation.

Can't let people who have run out of intellectual honesty shut down a discussion by flipping out 'whatabout' when their hand doesn't look good.

Ah. See your KG references in another thread.

Jan 12, 2021, 4:57 PM [ in reply to somebody (ahem) also mischaracterized that person's usage of ]

Was actually referring to another who had lumped her and Madonna together in some type of defense for it all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real conservatives need to get on board with

Jan 12, 2021, 12:57 PM

purging the Trump disease from the party. It's fine if you voted for him, he was your party's nominee. But the people that showed up in DC to do damage and stop election certification need to be gone. I've said many times that we need a functioning, rational, non-radicalized GOP back in order move toward a more peaceful America and nobody but conservatives can remove these people from the party.

My newly elected House Rep is as Trumpy as they come and has said nothing condemning what happened last week. Yet, he quietly has told friends he was afraid for his and his family's lives when it was happening. It may put a target on his back with violent Trumpies to speak out, but it's something you have to do as an elected official.

exactly***

One thing I'll agree with the Trumpers about.

Jan 12, 2021, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Real conservatives need to get on board with ]

Republicans won't win another election. Not because its rigged--but because they refuse to rid themselves of Trump.

Let’s solve an equation. Show work for partial credit.

Jan 12, 2021, 1:15 PM

[(Threat from organic eating Trump punks) / (Threat from obnoxious, has been women comedian)] = 1, <1 or >1?

Good grief.

Seriously, some bad and dangerous folks were in the mob that stormed the Capitol. No doubt some folks were along for the ride and were not intending to commit criminal activity. Criminal acts were unquestionably committed. Criminal activity needs to be prosecuted.

The comedian’s display of a severed Trump head was not funny and hateful. It should be condemned. IDK whether criminal. If criminal then it she prosecuted.

When republicans start acting like democrats.......

Jan 12, 2021, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's my beef with the left

Jan 12, 2021, 2:35 PM

This false outrage. Rioting was all the rage when it was THEIR cause. They are consistently hypocritical.

And they all have their ###### where fighting for civil rights > Trumps minions.

Re: Here's my beef with the left

Jan 12, 2021, 3:21 PM

In that case, no one here in on "The Left" because we didn't support the rioting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are absolutely correct. the idiot weenies on here

Jan 12, 2021, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Here's my beef with the left ]

were crying that Bill Barr sent officials to protect the federal courthouse in Portland. They called the riots mostly peaceful. It's just really too much to type. We could go on for hours about what excuses the had for the riots this summer.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: remember the outrage at a comedian joking about

Jan 12, 2021, 5:17 PM

Wow, I used to think you made a lot of sense on most posts. No longer. JFC you guys are nuts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic