Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just curious to see the demographic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Just curious to see the demographic

Apr 2, 2014, 11:39 AM

of people in the lounge. And figure out which one of you are causing this country to go downhill.

Which Political Party Do You Vote For    [Results]

Democrats
Republicans
I Do Not Vote
badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

The problem is people voting strictly on the party line...***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

The poll didnt ask for responses***

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The poll didnt ask for responses***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:25 PM

he does this to you too? what an #######..

BTW, i do not vote, Democracy of, by, and for the people is an illusion in this country. I side with the dems because pubs are boring and pander to the anti evolution crowd..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only possible explanation of Lindsey Graham

Apr 2, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to The problem is people voting strictly on the party line...*** ]

is this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Voting for a political party is stupid***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May I redirect you here

Apr 2, 2014, 11:41 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15217045

Do you wonder why you come off as a ##### occasionally?

Apr 2, 2014, 11:43 AM

That's like: What's your favorite food? Brussels sprouts, or grape soda? I DIDN'T ASK FOR COMMENTARY, JUST VOTE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dems would say Grape Soda, amirite?***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:44 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drank....grape drank***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:46 AM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think drank is different from the grape soda

Apr 2, 2014, 2:06 PM

Kinda like the lemonade in the 2 liter bottles which is more in line with a drank... right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

grape soda and PURPLE drank are completely different

Apr 2, 2014, 3:54 PM [ in reply to drank....grape drank*** ]

yet both satisfying after a long hard day of panhandling or writing lyrics for my next album.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im a ##### for giving three options?

Apr 2, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Do you wonder why you come off as a ##### occasionally? ]

You would hate communism.

People are explaining that your three choices don't

encompass the variety of reasons, directions, and parties to vote for based on circumstance. You don't want to hear the explanation, and wonder why you get crap data or meaningless answers.

But carry on, yo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the poll isnt supposed to encompass every option

Apr 2, 2014, 11:49 AM

Its a simple poll that you can either take part in, or wont take part in. Its not meant to find out your specific ballot, but to get a general idea of how people vote.

Those people are living in fantasy land***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to People are explaining that your three choices don't ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, take me, for example.

Apr 2, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Im a ##### for giving three options? ]

I come off as a ##### nearly 100% of the time. But at least I'm consistent.

Lunge folks have weird ##### triggers

Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Do you wonder why you come off as a ##### occasionally? ]

85% of the responses in here are dooshy, but somehow only a few people ever get called on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For example:

Apr 2, 2014, 11:53 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15217174

Just occasionally?

Apr 2, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Do you wonder why you come off as a ##### occasionally? ]

I kid, I kid (maybe??)

Sure

Apr 2, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to May I redirect you here ]

And I'll redirect you here:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15217046

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be if the parties didn't have consistent ideology

Apr 2, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Voting for a political party is stupid*** ]

But since Democratic leadership has moved so far to the left socially over the last 20 years while Republicans have generally remained to the right of center (I suppose some would call this "progress," but progressives always assume history has led up to whatever they think), not voting for a Republican will always end up meaning either a vote taken away from potential conservative policy or a vote for liberal policy. Besides, you can nearly always look at a candidate's platform and tell whether they're a Republican or a Democrat without them having to say so.

As a result, at least in national elections, it might be smarter to vote along party lines than it is to vote for a person.

Do you really believe that the GOP leadership remains

Apr 2, 2014, 11:53 AM

right of center? If so, explain how our country has been yanked to left of center.

Uh, yeah

Apr 2, 2014, 12:16 PM

Our country has been yanked to the left of center because Republicans lost elections. That seems obvious.

You may have your causes and effects mixed up a little.***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:18 PM

People didn't vote for Obama because of his policies

Apr 2, 2014, 12:50 PM

His policies poll much worse than he does. And, as history has shown, once somebody is elected they have the ability to move the entire political debate towards their own views by creating new legislative realities. So, counter- intuitively, the popularity of ideologies follows the election of somebody of that ideology rather than ideological shifts being indicated (at least primarily) by elections.

This is another reason why I argue that just voting for somebody you like and trusting that they're "a different kind of Democrat" or "a different kind of Republican" isn't better than voting party line.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

No. What's more obvious is the GOP "leadership" in

Apr 2, 2014, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Uh, yeah ]

lock step. Your boy Graham is chief among them.

Guess what. I will not be voting for him AGAIN. Just as last term. I voted for the Democrat because, he was much more conservative than Graham.

I still see voting for a party as, in itself, stupid

Apr 2, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to It would be if the parties didn't have consistent ideology ]

"not voting for a Republican will always end up meaning either a vote taken away from potential conservative policy or a vote for liberal policy"

I just 100% disagree with blindly voting based on party. And doubly disagree with this "Vote for the guy with an R by his name or else you are directly voting for the vile left". It is, in my estimation, the perpetuation of the either/or two-party system which does very little to find truly qualified candidates and rather keeps the power in the hands of the few decision makers.

That's simply the truth in national elections

Apr 2, 2014, 12:45 PM

Whether we like it or not, we have a two- party system. There are pros and cons: having only two dominant parties ensures that decisions are made either by majorities or by large pluralities; if the parties become ideological (as they have over the last 40- 50 years) instead of pragmatic coalitions (as they were for most of American history), then they allow for contrasting policies and governing philosophies; but only two major parties cannot represent much nuance beyond two major governing philosophies.

As things are now, we have one party that is center- right and another party that is on the left (or, what some people might call "neo- liberal" because it is at least weakly committed to market solutions while also subscribing to progressive social policies). However, the diversity of ideologies on the right combined with recent national electoral failure has led to a sort of ironic ideological splintering of the base. Each faction wants Republicans to be more like them, and insists the party would do better electorally if it catered more to their ideology and less to others'. One of the most commonly heard complaints is that the Republican Party is JUST LIKE the Democratic Party because they aren't accomplishing enough things that each faction likes. So they push for the party to become more ideologically pure.

This is ironic because the perceived leftward shift in our politics is almost entirely due to the Democratic Party's shift to a more pragmatic, coalitional politics that acts as a trojan horse for their progressive ideology. Democrats capture identity groups whose Democratic votes become a sign of belonging to the group, thus voting Democrat is less ideological for many than it is tribal. Many Republicans, by contrast, aren't satisfied unless they get the perfectly qualified candidates with the perfect views. Their attachment to the party is less important than their attachment to whatever ideology, but they don't realize that the only chance for any right of center ideology to have a chance at being expressed in government right now is for Republicans to win elections.

You need a few more options on that poll

I've voted for both and probably will again.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Purpose is to find out is to see who votes where

Apr 2, 2014, 11:42 AM

Im guessing youve voted one more than the other though?

I've casted a total of 10 votes in my lifetime (because I

don't vote for people/issues I know nothing about). And yes, I've voted for people in one party more than the other, but I didn't keep track. And that's not what you asked.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Guess the simplest poll can be the hardest in the lounge***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:47 AM

did someone say something about the

Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 AM

hardest pole in the lounge??

Don't blame me.

I voted for Kodos.

I vote against whoever is currently in office.***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whomever***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:48 AM

either or***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:49 AM

It's whoever if I want it to be...This is AMERICA***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to whomever*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JOJO for President. Your pole is stoopid. Some of us

Apr 2, 2014, 11:43 AM

don't need a party to have an identity (or another group to hate). Hell, I hate all other people, regardless of your political affiliation.

I have the same sentiment

I hate everyone equally.

But this is supposed to be a very general poll

You didn't put trannies as an option in the poll.***

The good news is clemsonrulez wasn't old enough to vote

Apr 2, 2014, 11:45 AM

to put Sarah Palin in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Your math is 100% wrong.***

math is just a theory, brah***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 AM

Because Biden was a MUCH better choice.

Apr 2, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to The good news is clemsonrulez wasn't old enough to vote ]

lulz

McCain may have been worse than Obummer, if that's imaginable.

They cant get married in my State, so I dont recognize them

Apr 2, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to You didn't put trannies as an option in the poll.*** ]

as human beings at all. Same goes for gays.

You either support 100% or youre a homophobic bigot. (isnt that how it goes?)

There's no law that says a tranny can't get married.

as long as he's marrying a woman, right?

Im gonna have to see some sausage and a side of taco

Apr 2, 2014, 11:50 AM

Before I let it slide

I wasn't aware that's what it took to get a marriage license

Apr 2, 2014, 11:51 AM

I don't remember having to show my ##### at the courthouse.

You must have gone to the wrong courthouse***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:56 AM

Back in my day, we didn't know if we'd married a tranny

Apr 2, 2014, 12:01 PM

until the wedding night. Because we were traditional. AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!

99% of respondents indicate

this is the dumbest poll they've ever seen.

^^another vote for trannies***

Apr 2, 2014, 11:50 AM

It's amazing how silly the reactions to this have been

Apr 2, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to 99% of respondents indicate ]

It's like people have never been asked which party they usually vote for. I'm sure major polling firms would NEVER ask such a stupid thing.

^^^count another tranny vote.***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:59 PM

I don't see an option for

Apr 2, 2014, 12:07 PM

fiscal conservative and socially moderate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Unicorns don't exist brah.***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:07 PM

Did they deaded along with common sense?***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No it dies annually in primary elections.***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:24 PM

Ain't that the truth***

Apr 2, 2014, 1:30 PM

Wouldn't that still be Republican?

Apr 2, 2014, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I don't see an option for ]

I can't think of a Democrat in national politics that fits that description, but there are a number of Republicans who do. I'm much more socially conservative than I am fiscally conservative, but again, all the Democratic social conservatives at the national level have either disappeared or just rubber stamp socially liberal policies whenever they come up.

I don't think so.

Apr 2, 2014, 1:20 PM

I really don't like the Republican party and they continue to screw up. The problem is all conservatives are linked with the Republican party. With no scientific data to back this up, I would venture to guess that all true Republicans call themselves conservative, while true conservatives don't call themselves Republicans.

I may have just confused myself and made my head asploded.

Maybe

Apr 2, 2014, 1:28 PM

But that was the point I was making here: http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15217493

That conservatism isn't only about winning elections is both its strength as a philosophy and its weakness as a political ideology. Political parties are vehicles for winning elections, but a lot of conservatives think a party that wins elections but doesn't completely conform to their thinking isn't good enough for them. Meanwhile, their disaffection for electoral politics leads to the left winning elections and to even greater dissatisfaction with Republican leaders who have to figure out how to herd the conservative cats into a coalition that can win.

The conservative movement came to power in the 80s and shifted the political debate largely because of a charismatic leader who political moderates and political know- nothings voted for because they liked him (neither of these two groups votes for candidates primarily on ideology or policy). But what I think people forget is that anti- communism was an issue that united libertarians, neo- conservatives, social conservatives and moderates in a way that no issue does today. The closest thing I can think of to such an intersectional uniting issue is "gay rights," except on the liberal side.

6 people voted for obumacare***

Apr 2, 2014, 1:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

What if 'Write In Own Name' is not one of the answers?

Apr 2, 2014, 1:57 PM

WHAT THEN?!?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bi-partisan

Apr 2, 2014, 2:01 PM

it's the only way

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny enough, the results of this poll seem pretty accurate***

Apr 2, 2014, 3:51 PM

Replies: 67
| visibility 1