Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
eSECpn already playing the "motivation" excuse for dawgs.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

eSECpn already playing the "motivation" excuse for dawgs.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:32 AM

Embarrassing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Saw that. Think Texas is a quite mad for this

Jan 1, 2019, 11:34 AM

Game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: eSECpn already playing the "motivation" excuse for dawgs.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:35 AM

Every year the 4 team system has given us the best two teams in the final. why people want some marginal interloper in this is beyond me. reward excellence. dont lower the bar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:39 AM

Yeah, that's what I don't understand about so many pundits complaining about the blowouts and then pushing for playoff expansion that will only make the blowouts worse.

It's quite simple really—Clemson and Bama have separated themselves so much that they blowout almost every team they play no matter how good they are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:48 AM

Alabama didn’t blow out UGA though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:56 AM

I'm not arguing that every single game that Clemson and Bama play in are blowouts, but most of them are. Sure UGA played Bama tough in the playoff last year and this year in the SEC Championship, but if Tua was healthy Bama would have destroyed UGA too.

Bottom line is that UGA had their chance against a weakened Bama in Atlanta and lost. End of story for the Dawgs.

Jan 1, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: eSECpn already playing the "motivation" excuse for dawgs. ]

Dabo says losing your CCG disqualifies you, no matter who you are, no matter who you've beaten, no matter how closely you lost.

I am 100% in agreement.

GA can't use 'losing' as a resume-enhancer for a 4-team playoff.

And the pathetic way GA lost should be an even bigger disqualifier. Blowing a 14-point lead? Giving the game away? No way any GA fan can say they have a legitimate chance of winning the CFP when the coaching staff doesn't know how to close the door on a great team.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: eSECpn already playing the "motivation" excuse for dawgs. ]

Absolutely 1000% agree. Everyone wanted the bcs +1 and guess what, the two best teams have played for the natty now 5 years in a row.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:37 AM

Are you serious. Ghee whiz. Just won’t give up on it. Heck they tossed them about the softest game they could.

Texas should have been playing before New Years. Uga should be able to score 40 with their eyes closed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:40 AM

Yeah, UGA is clearly on a different level than UGA, but we can always hope.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:44 AM

Hook em horns!!! Hopefully Texas can stop them a couple times because I believe Texas will score a good bit.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:37 AM

I don't think it's a completely ridiculous argument for a lot of bowl teams, but in the case of UGA I would think that they would be extra motivated to prove that they should have been in the playoff. I completely disagree with that narrative since they lost their "play-in" game against Bama, but the Pups and their fans seems to think they belonged.

I hope they get beat by 2 TD's to put an end to this nonsense about how they got "snubbed."

^^^this ^^^

They don't need to

Georgia is going to walk the dog tonight.

It doesn't embarrass me.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:47 AM

If we missed the playoff I'd expect our team to go out and prove we should have been included. Imo, the fans and media may be suffering motivational issues but if the football team suffers motivational issues that proves to me that the committee made the correct decision when they excluded that team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn't embarrass me.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:53 AM

Yeah why didn't they put the mutts against the UCF and LSU and Texas , while they had a chance , Not to mention better crowds at the games .

THWG.***

Jan 1, 2019, 12:16 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic