Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I googled NBA ratings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

So I googled NBA ratings

Aug 30, 2020, 9:46 AM

This is wild. Apparently there is some sort of playoff going on right now. But hey even if their pay gets cut in half, it is still too much. They won't be getting a dime from me ever again in my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I googled NBA ratings

Aug 30, 2020, 10:02 AM

I’m just like you. When I heard players were boycotting playoff game; I was like what!? The nba has been playing....and they’re already in the playoffs!?!

Then I thought well at least it’s almost over.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 10:17 AM

Wrong! NBA playoffs are not almost over. They go on forever, or it seems that way. The playoffs are on track to last until the start of the 2020/21 season. It's a living he!!.

I have never watched it nor will I ever. It's a nuisance having to endure the news comments and highlights.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 11:41 AM

Meh....shows what I know

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

Same here, I'm always glad when they're no longer on any TV stations that I watch so it can get back to it's regularly scheduled programs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

LaBRAAAAAAAAAAAAhn...Dahum..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

I can't help but wonder, would a white guy have been shot after resisting arrest, and making a continued attempt to get back inside their car after refusing to abide by the orders continuously being barked out by the police officers. My most honest opinion is that he would have been. I just believe that when a police officer is trying to get a suspect into custody, and they are resisting arrest and refusing to obey while trying to get back in the car, that has to scare the crap out of a cop bc they never know what a suspect has in their vehicle, and what will happen if they are allowed to grab a weapon out of their vehicle.

Most cops, mostly want to do their job, but they don't want to get killed or forever crippled doing it bc, they want to get back home to their family in the same condition that they left their homes in. And we have seen or heard about a suspect grabbing a weapon from their vehicle even with their family members in their vehicle, and when a suspect is already resisting arrest, a cop would be a fool to allow a suspect to get back into their car, that would be crazy, and everyone knows before it happens, that if you resist an arrest, you are a direct threat to a cop if you're trying to get back in the vehicle, and your chances of getting shot are high.

I think that if I was cop in this day and time when white cops can't arrest a resisting black male for fear of what happens to them if the arrest has to result in deadly force, they stand a great chance of being put on trial and put in prison bc they protected themselves or bystanders. I would just quit and let the public police themselves and let the outcome be the outcome!!!

White cops should have the option of not going into a black neighborhood, and ask that they send black cops in and let them risk their lives bc, if white cops has to protect themselves from the unknown, they jeopardize their jobs and their freedom. Or, there should be a black and a white cop in every patrol car, and if the suspect is black, it is the duty of the black cop to make the arrest of a black suspect, and the white to back him up and call in help if he is shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 5:12 PM

Been saying this the whole time. I think some people, even on the left, are wising up a little bit. I don’t see a lot of FB posts from my liberal friends about Jacob Blake. Just media groupthink. Dude was violating a restraining order, supposedly assaulted someone, didn’t listen to the cops, told them he had a knife, and then got shot when he reached for it. All the bleeding heart liberals whining because his kids were in the car. So the #### what? Breaking the law is breaking the law. Maybe he should’ve thought of them when he was sexually assaulting someone.

I have some liberal friends and what I can’t understand is... cops kill unarmed white people, cops kill unarmed black people. What causes a white cop to kill an unarmed white person? Can’t be racism, so it’s a bad cop, right? If that cop is capable of killing a white guy because he’s a bad cop, why isn’t he capable of killing a black guy because he’s a bad cop, and not necessarily racism? Maybe, just maybe, it’s not always racism.

And maybe, just maybe, listen to the ####### cops.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 5:14 PM

Edit: he was violating a restraining order for sexual assault. Now your kids see that as acceptable behavior and the big bad mean cops are just racist. Pathetic.

Aug 30, 2020, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

I never cared about race. I was hurt in the line of duty by White, Black, and Hispanic The shoot in question was a good shoot officer did what he was trained to do.
My locker had a sign on it saying "Rule #1. Always go home to your wife and kids in the same condition you left home in.
Rule #2. If ANYTHING disagrees with rule #1, Always obey rule #1."

Good for you, Reynolds

Sep 1, 2020, 10:56 AM

Bravo.

Well,

Sep 1, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

the very same police force let a white guy walk by carrying an AR with his hands up while people were yelling to the cops, "that guy just shot someone." Rittenhouse literally slept in his own bed that night.

So no, I don't think a white guy gets the same response.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/kenosha-shooting-suspect-kyle-rittenhouse-22590524

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rittenhouse had his arms up to surrender

Sep 1, 2020, 11:04 AM

The Police thought he was simply showing he was not a threat. They continued to ride down the street where the incident had occurred.

He left the scene because he was afraid to go back to where everybody had been chasing/threatening him.

He surrendered the next morning and now sits in a jail cell for what will likely be shown to be self-defense.

There's also credible evidence being speculated that Antifa has threatened him while he is in the jail.

Currently there are no charges against any Antifa for burning, looting, brandishing a firearm, or assault & battery.

But hey, you spin it any way your little warped brain wants to.

Re: Rittenhouse had his arms up to surrender

Sep 4, 2020, 12:16 PM

Those same cops didn't bother listening to the multiple people yelling that he had just killed a guy.

Nah brah, you're just as bad as him

Sep 4, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

Weird, because a white guy WASN'T shot after killing a man in the middle of the street and carrying an AR-15 towards cops. In fact, he wasn't even detained.

don't forget their shoe sweatshops are still operating***

Aug 30, 2020, 10:16 AM

As soon as they encouraged them to place

Aug 30, 2020, 11:55 AM

A political message on their uniform I checked out. This temper tantrum without any recommendations is just icing on the cake

So they're boycotting themselves

Aug 30, 2020, 11:57 AM

Interesting stategy. I remember when heavyweight boxing was very popular and then basically vanished. The NBA is going in the same direction.

Nobody ever accused them of being intelligent

Aug 30, 2020, 1:15 PM

just athletic.

Aug 30, 2020, 12:09 PM

Me neither.But the NBA has bigger problems than p!$$!n@ off Americn fans.
They could p!$$ off their bigger fan base,the CHINK's(Chinese).

Thanks for the clarification, we would have NEVER known who

Aug 30, 2020, 2:32 PM

you were referring to without the explanation that ###### are Chinese

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe chinamen is the preferred nomenclature Walter***

Aug 31, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't plan on watching anoter dribble. Hope they go

Aug 30, 2020, 1:45 PM

bankrupt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 2:21 PM

I don't agree with the protest but this is American and they have the right to and if they don't get fired that is on their boss. Imma still watch some good basketball. The rating have dropped like crazy but I believe a lot of that may have to do with it not really being basketball season. Hope yall have fun not watching but posting about it all the time.

How much did you normally spend on the NBA before?***

Aug 30, 2020, 2:29 PM

not much. Haven't been to an actual game in many years and

Aug 30, 2020, 2:34 PM

quit watching them on TV a few years ago. They will be fine without me, so will Neckcar and the NFL and MLB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not much. Haven't been to an actual game in many years and

Aug 31, 2020, 4:13 PM

The only thing that I do that may help pro sports, is on occasion I maybe a plus 1 for their ratings on TV. Other than that, I do absolutely nothing for pro sports. I am Allin when it come to Clemson sports, and I do buy and wear out any clothing marked with Clemson sports, and anything that represents Clemson the college. Before my disability made it so hard for me to attend the games, I made no less than 4 trips a season to experience the thrill of being in DV, and leaving with the tone of my voice being barely more than a squeak. I absolutely loved it y'all, and I experience sadness during the season now bc I'm not physically able to be one of those fans in the stands with all the other fans anymore!!! If you're able and don't go, you just don't have a clue of what you're missing out on bc, a good day in DV, especially when the score is close, nothing has ever spiked my adrenaline more than cheering on our Tigers in a close game in DV. The concrete under your feet will be vibrating from the excitement of over 80K Tigers screaming to make it so there is no way the opposing offense can hear a single word from one another even if they were screaming in each others ear just inches away!!!!

Re: How much did you normally spend on the NBA before?***

Aug 30, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to How much did you normally spend on the NBA before?*** ]

I checked out of the NBA less than 5 years after MJ was finished playing in 2003. I could see the changes and didn't like what I saw even befor David Stern retired. And Silver, give me a break!

Aug 30, 2020, 2:36 PM

I was watching the NBA reboot as I desperately need entertainment but having BLM painted on the court and every player wearing “social justice jerseys” was almost enough to make me not watch.

After this boycott, I think I’m done watching for the foreseeable future. Don’t like giving my time or money to an organization whose values are so vastly different than mine.

I watch the NBA if i feel like watching pro basketball

Aug 30, 2020, 5:05 PM

I've been watching some of Clippers - Mavs this afternoon because i like watching Luca (and to a lesser extent Kawhi).

I don't even pay attention or really even notice the political messaging. But then again the BLM stuff doesn't bother me at all like it does so many others.

Re: I watch the NBA if i feel like watching pro basketball

Aug 30, 2020, 5:11 PM

Yep some good ball has been played over the last few weeks. I just ignore the other stuff. It is what it is.

Aug 30, 2020, 5:30 PM

I don't even know why they had the "play in" games before the playoffs started. The only team that went undefeated (Phoenix) didn't even get a chance for the playoff. Not even a one game chance against the team that had the same number of loses for the season but had 1 more win because they had played an extra game before the lockdown. The playoffs were set and before it all started.

Aug 30, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I watch the NBA if i feel like watching pro basketball ]

BLM wouldnt bother me either if it were merely about civil rights., But its not. BLM is about advancing communism. Read their belief statement. Read American Communist Party platform. They are near identical except for all the LBGTQ stuff BLM has that American Communist does not have.

Aug 31, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to I watch the NBA if i feel like watching pro basketball ]

Maybe I'm not understanding or seeing the message that BLM is attending. But until I can understand the message in another way, I see it now as meaning that black lives is what matters over all other lives. And personally I believe that no race or color takes precedence over all others races in our country. I see and believe that every life in the world are Equally important with none with a higher importance than the other bc I truly believe in God, and as God's creation, it doesn't matter what color, or what part of the world we were born or live in, God didn't create a single one of us to be a higher standard than the other, and to me, that says to me that God equally created all of mankind with an Equal importance that means all lives matter. And to emphasize a particular color or race in a statement, that is saying that a color and race has more importance, and that isn't what I believe bc, I believe God created us all equally important regardless of skin color, and race is a description that mankind labeled God's creation with bc God labeled us as the human race. And our skin color is how God made us to adapt in the part of the world we were in and so there was to never be an oops, he created us so that our genes could allow us to adapt to the part of the world he put us in.

Sep 1, 2020, 2:23 PM

The organization is not good imo but the saying is. It is just saying black lives matter because they dont as much in this country. They are hundreds of years behind white people and they are finally catching up. I do believe a lot of the killings and shootings are the fault of the criminal not the cop tho. All lives matter and the black lives matter saying is not claiming black lives matter more. You have to emphasize that black lives matter when so many people believe they dont. I do believe each generation is getting less and less racist tho. My children do not judge people by their race and hopefully never will.

Sep 1, 2020, 6:57 PM

I understand what you're saying, and yes kids these days are way less racist than they were when I was coming up. I'll be 68 November, 27th, and I can honestly say that I've never disliked a person of any race bc of their skin color, and both my parents were the same way. If there is someone that I don't like, I can swear it's never been bc of the color of their skin, it will be mostly bc they have disrespected me or a member of my family in some way. I have a blk male friend that has remain one of my best friends since I was 13 years old, and if he leaves this world before I do, it will hurt me just as much as my two brothers and sister that has passed away bc I love that man just like a real brother, and I would defend him just as I would any family member I have, and more so with some of them. And I know in my heart that I'm not a racist, but coming from the same mouth, I hate the burning and looting that blacks do when a black person has been a victim of law enforcement bc they are making it hard for the people that do have to live in those neighborhoods and it isn't fare to them bc they had nothing to do with those blk folks being victimized by bad cops. But the Blake dude brought his shooting on himself by resisting arrest, and the people that live where the burning and looting happen, they are the ones that are going to have suffer for it. Blake's actions help cause those folks to become victims!!!

Sep 4, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I watch the NBA if i feel like watching pro basketball ]

Cool story. The problem is that nobody in America has treated black people the same for the last 400 years. Maybe we should tell everyone that black people are created equal in God's eyes and they'll all be like, "Oh yeah, you're right!"

Aug 30, 2020, 5:00 PM

I just googled sales of sci fi novels. Can you believe they still make sci fi novels? What sort of person would read those? Then i googled sales of classical music. I use to like classical music but then i read somewhere that some of the composures were nazi sympathizers, so forget that, those composers can suck it. Ill just stick to watching stuff i want to watch, reading stuff i am interested in and listening to music that i like, then I’m gonna come on this football site and post about why i do it.

Aug 30, 2020, 5:12 PM

If you gonna watch it or read it you best fully back whatever they support. Lol

well you can do that

Aug 30, 2020, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

did you think it was against the rules.

I have no problem at all with anyone watching the NBA

Aug 31, 2020, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: So I googled NBA ratings ]

I'm not watching because I don't want my money going to them. I don't believe in boycotts and would never suggest that anybody else not watch the NBA or any other sporting event. Tickets should be cheaper and easier to come by in the coming years.

Aug 31, 2020, 12:15 AM

1 - I don’t care
2 - your mom doesn’t care
3 - nobody cares, bro

Who cares?

Aug 31, 2020, 3:17 PM

Spend your money how ever you want.

Looking forward to potential Lakers / Clippers match up in a few weeks***

Aug 31, 2020, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NB What?***

Aug 31, 2020, 5:01 PM

I don't know that the NBA ever got a dime from me.

Sep 1, 2020, 10:35 AM

I've never attended a game, never bought anything with NBA on it or the logo of any team and the last time I watched a game Nielson ratings were used to count viewers and I never saw one of their boxes on a TV.

I left the game with Magic and Bird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a Dream.....

Sep 1, 2020, 10:51 AM

With a second left LeBron soars to catch a lob from Lillard, flushing it through for the final points in a runaway Gold Medal game win over who cares.

Later that evening Team USA gathers at center court to receive its medals. As a jazz intro begins, the familiar red, black and green starts to rise to the rafters and Ev'ry Voice begins to sing. The players hold black gloved fists to the sky and bow their heads in silence. All are standing.

Afterwards the chants of "BLM... BLM.... BLM.." reverberate into the night.

Weeks later, overnights are released and Team USA has been beaten by a rerun of Sanford & Son in 65 of 68 major US markets. When asked why, one street local quips, "Well, at least Fred was funny."

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic