Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you did not see FSU/Syracuse, go watch the FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,136

If you did not see FSU/Syracuse, go watch the FSU

Nov 1, 2015, 5:14 PM

Run D. It's horrible. The will get destroyed Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you did not see FSU/Syracuse, go watch the FSU

Nov 1, 2015, 5:20 PM

While that's a positive, based on yesterday's play we have some serious issues with special teams and defense. I guess it depends on which team shows up Saturday.....the team that destroyed Miami or the team that got a scare by a NC State team I hope it's the former not the latter. Either team that shows we can still win just jot good for the ulcers.

here's to not having to reach for the excedrin on Saturday!***

Nov 1, 2015, 5:22 PM

defense isn't an issue...

Nov 1, 2015, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: If you did not see FSU/Syracuse, go watch the FSU ]

First bad game of the year, and part of that had to do with the refs letting state hold every down. Now special teams are an issue

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: defense isn't an issue...

Nov 1, 2015, 5:26 PM

Well Tigerking79 you do have a point about the holds so I will stand thankfully corrected but the special teams can actually cost this team a game if not improved.

Re: defense isn't an issue...

Nov 1, 2015, 10:12 PM [ in reply to defense isn't an issue... ]

We are 8-0 what would you do RON

Nov 1, 2015, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If you did not see FSU/Syracuse, go watch the FSU ]

You bro? You been b1cthing alot

Nov 2, 2015, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Re: If you did not see FSU/Syracuse, go watch the FSU ]

The real defense is generally somewhere in between the two. What we've seen most of the season is a very good, but just shy of stifling, defense and I expect that to continue the rest of the year. That being said, here's how to beat the Clemson defense:
1) Hold the s*** out of our defensive line. The refs aren't going to call it every play and you'll get enough big plays as a result to make it worthwhile.
2) Attack short and intermediate throws using crossing and wheel routes, especially with TEs and RBs. Our linebackers struggle in coverage in these situations.
3) Attack Travis Blanks. He's been our defense's biggest liability this year, and his knee troubles have sapped his athleticism.

Nov 2, 2015, 12:12 AM

The very best thing that could have happened, happened. We got slapped in the face with a little bit of humility. Thankfully we were that much more athletic, and a better team that we could overcome the best game NCSU has played all year. This game had the makings of that 2011 game written all over it. They hit us with everything they had in the first half. We got gut punched. And like I told a buddy of mine, the best team will prevail in the second half. This first half was a slobber knocker. They were landing hay maker after hay maker. We stumbled but never went down. The second half we came out with our own dose of counter punching and they didn't want any of it until we fumbled and gave them a little bit if life. We were up 20 at the point of the fumble. We were driving down their throat at will. We will do the same next week. Dabo and Co have a lot of teaching points on this game its great that this happened the week before the biggest of the one game seasons of the year. They will have them dialed in for this one best believe that. It's time to take what is ours. Go execute, fly around and when the clock strikes 0:00 the best team will be standing. GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2015, 7:51 AM

That is the way I saw it (and see it) too. We needed a little pushback from a competitor Plus this point total may slow down the Venables talk of being a HC candidate. : )

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,136
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic