Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Blind espn Apologists - Our new football facility just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Dear Blind espn Apologists - Our new football facility just

Dec 15, 2016, 8:51 AM

got trashed on the Mike and Mike Show. They spent considerable time and effort to point out how stupid the slide is and that it will soon turn rusty when the players get tired of using it after the first few months (giggle, giggle, laugh, laugh). And they also discussed how college teams obviously have to cheat to be able to afford such $55M facilities to embellish the recruiting process (eyebrows raised and more giggles and laughs).

Dear Apologists --- You fail to see the point that the story could have been about Alabama facilities just as well. But it was not about Alabama. It was about Clemson. And there was not one positive comment injected just for the sake of some balance. And it obviously should have been a totally positive story, rather than a completely negative story, unless there is an agenda. Notice I did not say "hidden" agenda. It is not hidden. It is there slapping you in the face. But you just don't get it. And I doubt you ever will.

I will be available to discuss this further with anyone needing additional knowledge and wisdom bestowed upon them upon my return from work tonight at 6:00 pm Pacific Time (9:00 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time). In the meantime, please discuss among yourselves.

Sincerely,
tigerinla

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't get it. I doubt if I ever will.

Dec 15, 2016, 8:56 AM

Doubt I will ever understand why people listen or watch Mike and Mike. Its horrible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 24/7 need to have content on these channels is a problem

Dec 15, 2016, 9:02 AM

Cable news and sports talk shows are the filler between advertisements. Most of the time it's a waste of time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just don't get it. I doubt if I ever will.

Dec 15, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I just don't get it. I doubt if I ever will. ]

Worst radio show I've ever heard. As PC as it gets

Every school playground in America has a slide.

Dec 15, 2016, 8:58 AM

Kids like slides...not sure why this is even news.

Re: Every school playground in America has a slide.

Dec 15, 2016, 1:40 PM

Clemson's new facility cost enough already without a freaking slide! While Dabo and staff, as well as the team will enjoy the building and grounds I wonder how we as fans will feel when a player gets hurt from sailing off of this ridiculous slide. These aren't ten year kids! Somebody needs to point out the liability involved.

Just my two cents worth of common sense. Have a blessed Christmas and "Go Tigers!"

Injury on slide?

Dec 15, 2016, 4:59 PM

The slide is about 4 feet wide with high sides. I'm sure the players or whoever else uses it can negotiate it safely. I promise, as a percentage of use, there are more injuries on stairs than slides. Probably 100 times more. Non-issue.

man on the moon

Dec 15, 2016, 9:01 AM

1 + 1 = 2

Then write espn or Mike and Mike

Dec 15, 2016, 9:05 AM

I seriously don't understand why any of you pay attention to sports entertainment.

I watch games and go out of my way to avoid the jerry springers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^this. A game at home is often more enjoyable with

Dec 15, 2016, 9:06 AM

The sound off.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because national perception is a real thing?

Dec 15, 2016, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Then write espn or Mike and Mike ]

Because the recruits are watching and care?

Because parents are watching and pay attention to where they want their kids to go?

Because it's a multi-billion dollar industry?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Not 1 of those is a reason for me, you,

Dec 15, 2016, 1:01 PM

Recruits, or Any1 else to listen or watch.

Not 1 legit reason. It isn't sports news it is sports media. Not 1 bit different than jerry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We won't compete without adding a Chick-fil-A***

Dec 15, 2016, 9:05 AM

careful for standing up for our kids, program and facilities

Dec 15, 2016, 9:11 AM

or you'll be hailed as an embarrassment. "Why we've never had it so good so just be happy we have..." What's a few forsaken kids and their rightfully-earned accolades during this special time for us fans?

I just have to ask what if it was one of our kids. Would it be an embarrassment then? I just don't understand this perspective at all. I think that folks in Clemson should use their brilliance, cleverness and tactfulness to counter in a positive and graceful way or presentation. There are good, fair folks about to lose their mind in social media. Some have found their breaking point. Good honest people these folks

Re: Dear Blind espn Apologists - Our new football facility just

Dec 15, 2016, 9:19 AM

i'll prob get shot for this.... but.... i don't get the slide either.. and, honestly, the hill replica is kinda "out there" too..

but,... i'm not questioning dabo and what he wants.. so.. slide away!!

Dec 15, 2016, 10:41 AM

You want to create an environment where every person that walks in the door says "Wow" this not just another football facility. Was the Oculus needed? Do we need to run down the hill? All of this adds to the atmosphere that makes Clemson special. Dabo understands who he wants to bring into the program and it will pay off for years to come.

null

^^^^ Grew up and doesn't have fun in life anymore ^^^^

Dec 15, 2016, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear Blind espn Apologists - Our new football facility just ]

Guess I'll never grow up...I'd like to dive down that slide!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When some people ask why, I ask why not" #ClemsonSlide***

Dec 15, 2016, 10:17 AM

Have no idea what the rules are but maybe the slide isn't

Dec 15, 2016, 10:23 AM

for the players #ClemsonFAMILY

Re: "When some people ask why, I ask why not" #ClemsonSlide***

Dec 15, 2016, 12:34 PM [ in reply to "When some people ask why, I ask why not" #ClemsonSlide*** ]

I like that. I'm using it. Thanks! TU for ya.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody made fun of Alabama's waterfall

Dec 15, 2016, 10:25 AM

this is recency bias.

Their show is awful, why even listen to it?***

Dec 15, 2016, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Their show is awful, why even listen to it?***

Dec 15, 2016, 11:14 AM

Stopped listening a while back, all nba all day. My Lord.

Dec 15, 2016, 11:47 AM

Guess I'll fall into the apologist category on this one.

I've seen them conduct superb and very respectful interviews with Coach Swinney. They are paid to give opinions. If there opinions are interesting enough, they get viewers. Some of it is over the top I'm sure, but it must be working as they've been paid to do this for 20+ years.

I love the slide. I'm so excited about the new facility. I trust Coach Swinney.

Clemson is getting a lot of attention now. This is a good thing. Sometimes it will be critical. Not everything will be written by fanboys. Sometimes the critics will be factually wrong, other times it's just a matter of opinion.

Here's the important part and perhaps this is a wish for the new year. Everyone needs to stop being so incredibly hypersensitive about these things. It is a bad, victim mentality look for a small part of our fanbase. Clemson football is in the spotlight. It comes with the territory. No program is immune. We could be Maryland, Purdue or Scar and nobody nationally would care about us. I'd rather have it this way.

C'mon man, the slide is stainless and inside, shouldn't rust

Dec 15, 2016, 12:32 PM

Mike & Mike are clueless when it comes to basic science and math. Never listen to them talk gambling odds, probability nor statistics.

Got to wonder about their Northwestern and Notre Dame degrees not to mention basic high school science and math.

5-4-3-2-1 Yes I know they are acclaimed universities but ....

Dec 15, 2016, 1:11 PM

It's a horrible show. Mike Green-douche is a clown and Gollic is out of touch with reality

The show is great.*****

Dec 15, 2016, 1:55 PM

Dec 15, 2016, 1:16 PM

They are just jealous because espn does not have a slide!

Dec 15, 2016, 1:21 PM

They basically said college football is an arms race and this is a great example. Yes, they did say the slide was useless. Wow. Get over it. They didn't say anything about cheating...said the building cost 55 million dollars. That's why there is pressure to cheat....a lot of money is put into winning. They didn't say anything earth shattering. It's an over the top facility to attract recruits. WE ALL KNOW THIS. Y u mad

Dec 15, 2016, 5:14 PM

+1 to you sir. Exactly what I was thinking. It really is amazing how people twist what media members say just so they can be offended. They didn't say anything worth being offended over, not even close. All they said was they didn't like the slide. For the op to make a long post about how vicious the media is to clemson is as funny as it gets. Makes us look like a bunch of crybabies, and the op does it all the time.

I watched it and they didn't trash it.

Dec 15, 2016, 1:43 PM

They were talking college athletics in general and the arms race. They were having fun most of the time. Your mind is getting to you. They didn't bash Clemson at all.

Yet you continue to watch ESPN

Dec 15, 2016, 2:04 PM

You know you dont have to watch, right ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are just mad bc...

Dec 15, 2016, 3:40 PM

Dabo will be sliding in recruits' DMs for real...

I Would Laugh if Both Mike And Mike Got Cancer of the Junk

Dec 15, 2016, 5:49 PM

And had to get injections of chemo down South. Golic at least played a sport, Greenie I'm pretty sure just worked dark recesses of the locker room servicing large hairy men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2016, 6:25 PM

You don't have any comprehension of what they said. They didn't say the slide was going to rust, all what they said was it was like buying a trampoline for your kids as a Christmas present and it gets used for the first few days but come February it starts to rust from sitting outside. Also before even going on a "rant" Mike said "let's take Clemson out of this - this is an arms race amongst all top programs." But don't let facts get in your way of being butthurt.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic