Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wanna see who has "Clemsoned" since we last did so?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 2,960

Wanna see who has "Clemsoned" since we last did so?

Nov 14, 2015, 8:08 AM

A little project (with a HUGE tip o' the hat to the archiving of AceEvans) and slapped together a pictorial salute to the teams who have Clemsoned since our last misstep. Sorry about the strange version of Tiger Rag, but it's the only version they allowed.

And it's surprising to see some teams that keep reappearing ....

https://youtu.be/53-2adlN9ag

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this bullying? seems like bullying & bullying is wrong.

Nov 14, 2015, 8:15 AM

;)

oh, and good morning Rev.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well . . . I dunno

Nov 14, 2015, 8:27 AM

There's no doubt the media types gratuitously keep resurrecting the term far more than the frequency of our collapses justified - but the idea that the phenomenon was strictly about losing to unranked teams is a point of defensiveness that we as a fan base have overplayed. It was also about getting blown to smitherines or at least beat handily in games where we should have at least been competitive (FSU '13, SC '11, WVU '11), or sloppiness and choking involving missed opportunities and unforced errors (FSU '14). One might arguably put UGA '14 and GT '14 in the former category, but even if not, there have been a few instances since the NCSU game.

Now, not nearly enough to justify the media's over-eager storyline harping about "Clemsoning." But, there's more to it than just losing to an unranked opponent. If what happened in Tallhassee last year doesn't fit the bill, then almost nothing would.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure, they morphed it out of laziness & making it a moving,

Nov 14, 2015, 8:31 AM

all encompassing target is as egregious as solely pinning something that goes on everywhere on one college football team.

it was ####### ridiculous from the start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well....

Nov 14, 2015, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Well . . . I dunno ]

The point of the post is to show that ALL good/ranked teams have brain f**ts from time to time. Some have them often. Clemson is NO DIFFERENT than any other college team whether you're discussing losses to an unranked team, losing ugly to someone you should be competitive with, or losing a close game to a rival.

Have we had some ugly losses in the past few years? Certainly. All you have to do is look to the SEC darling, Alabama's loss this year to see that even the football Gods of the SEC can have a bad game. The difference is that Alabama's loss was a fluke, but when Clemson loses, it's "Clem****ng".

Clemson is, and has been for years, an elite team in our conference. Anytime the team is ranked, it will get the also-ran's best shot. Being one of the 2 best teams in the conference puts a large bulls-eye on the team. Other teams count the season a success if they beat Clemson. If the Tigers lose, it should just be that - a loss - nothing more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True-ish . . .

Nov 14, 2015, 8:34 PM

which is why I said the media wasn't justified in trying to keep it alive.
But the effort to oversell the point on the our side, by acting like losing to unranked teams was the only category of underwhelm we'd been known for, is a bit of a hard sell.

You'd be an IDIOT

Nov 14, 2015, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Well . . . I dunno ]

or just a closet Coot. The C word meant losing to an unranked team.Anyone trying to morph it into anything. like U, would be just grasping at straws.

At the point when 'clemsoning,' changed from losing...

Nov 14, 2015, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Well . . . I dunno ]

to an unranked team while in the top 25 to just losing a game that should have been won the entire thing became a personal attack on Clemson.

"We're saying something nasty about Clemson whether we're accurate or not."

You sir, are ESPiN sheeple. I bet you thought our defense would drop off the chart this season and DW wouldn't last through one game without shattering half his fragile bones, didn't you? PUTZ!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever, moron . . .

Nov 15, 2015, 7:03 PM

There are ESPN sheeple, and there are contrarian partisan reactionary sheeple, you're the latter, and I'm neither. The phenomenon was real. The persistence of the use of the term long surpassed it, for sure, and the media ought to pack it in by now. All that said, it was never strictly about losing to unranked teams - it was about underperforming, be it getting blown out, choking, losing to unranked teams, or whatever. The media's constant resuscitation of the term wasn't justified by the relative infrequency of it as of late.

So anytime we lose a game by more than 3 points...

Nov 14, 2015, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Well . . . I dunno ]

Ok. Yea, that's the most idiotic definition I've ever heard.

Good thing we haven't lost this year!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sly dog . . .

Nov 14, 2015, 8:39 PM

you found something in my post that wasn't there. Very sly. Except not. Three points? Heh, I scoff at you, lol!

Re: Wanna see who has "Clemsoned" since we last did so?

Nov 14, 2015, 8:55 AM

You are an idiot for keeping the term alive. Shove that word up you *** dipsh*t.

Nov 14, 2015, 9:06 AM

If that reply was meant for Rev, I suggest you delete it quickly and watch what you spout. You are welcome!

Meh, I've been called worse ...

Nov 14, 2015, 9:53 AM

...it does, however, point to the visceral reaction to that word.

Hopefully, actually seeing how ridiculous it is to attribute the act to one team may help it die the inglorious death it deserves.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Will never be in the ROH***

Nov 14, 2015, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Wanna see who has "Clemsoned" since we last did so? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2015, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Wanna see who has "Clemsoned" since we last did so? ]

Board suicide? Have fun...

RevDodd is TNet's version of Yoda...I'd suggest you

Nov 14, 2015, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Wanna see who has "Clemsoned" since we last did so? ]

apologize, and slowly back away.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you speed the video up a tad

Nov 14, 2015, 9:36 AM

Maybe make it a little
More difficult to read the captions?

Alas, the video is "time-locked" to the song ....

Nov 14, 2015, 9:50 AM

...which, I think, may be part of the original intent. 125 games in 4 or so minutes = about 2 seconds per game.

In other words, there have been so many teams and so many examples of "that word" since we last stumbled, it's just about impossible to recount them all. Hence, the rediculousness of attributing it to Clemson ... or any school, for that matter.

It's part of playing the game.

Nov 14, 2015, 10:06 AM

I actually really like that version of Tiger Rag. Bought it on iTunes. I collect them. Sounds like a Dixieland Jazz version. It's by Non c'e motivo and is called "Tanto ppe tigra".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with the REV's post being voted down, guess someONE was offended! ??

Nov 14, 2015, 10:14 AM

Go#1CLEMSONTiGERS..keep ROCKing Em! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya can't address controversy without kicking up dust

Nov 14, 2015, 10:18 AM

...it ain't personal.

Re: Ya can't address controversy without kicking up dust

Nov 14, 2015, 10:29 AM

That video would be great if they slowed it down so you could read the scores ,.,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point for the trojan at 3:51!***

Nov 14, 2015, 10:30 AM

I was kinda partial to Barbaro at 4:08...***

Nov 14, 2015, 10:39 AM

i need more than .05 secs to read

Nov 14, 2015, 10:44 AM

Caption. Sorry

I can see the problem there...

Nov 14, 2015, 10:47 AM

I'll suggest my alter ego find a longer version of Tiger Rag to try again....

Nov 14, 2015, 11:07 AM

I loved the video! A visual representation of the list of other ranked teams that lost to opponents they should have beaten several times that I've seen here several times. One other thing I would be interested in knowing is how many times each team has done it over the course of, say, the last 10 or 15 years. Were we really the worst offenders, or is it just perception created by that despised term?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are we even still bringing this up?***

Nov 14, 2015, 11:41 AM

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 28
| visibility 2,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic