Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fridge saga update.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 807

Fridge saga update.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:36 AM

So before Christmas I poasted about fixing my broke Frigidaire. Turned out, the $200 control module only fixed it for a couple days. No more money down that hole. Bought a Whirlpool from Lowes 12/19, they couldn't deliver until 12/30 due to (insert poor excuses here). By then, the temporary resetting trick quit working. We were living out of the smaller extry fridge (LDR problems). They showed up wit the new fridge, which had 2 small forklift scratches near the bottom, on the side that's visible right when you walk into the kitchen. Told them I didn't want it, but would keep it till they brought a new one (low inventory, afraid I might not be able to get that model again). Yesterday, they brought a new one that had a big dent in the back, which may have had hidden damage to the copper lines/thermostat sensor. I refused it and called the manager again "I don't want another new one since you failed twice, make it worth my while to keep this one or come get it". Got 50% off. I can live with the scratches. Oddly, somehow they couldn't credit my Lowe's card, I have to go by there today and pick up CASH. (CASH in parentheses)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fridge saga update.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fridge saga update.

Jan 12, 2021, 9:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drinks on NoIntroduction®!

Jan 12, 2021, 9:04 AM

so you kept the first one with scratches?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

yes.

Jan 12, 2021, 9:18 AM

two 2" shallow dents, didn't scratch off paint. Delivery driver and the manager both said they have a youge problem with this. Driver told me they'd go up to 50% off. Whatev, $1600 back in my pocket.

Yeah, drinks on me. Let me know when you'll be in Botetourt County.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beautiful country

Jan 12, 2021, 9:27 AM

but you already know that

Used to use I81 all the time going north but I don't go that way much anymore. Brother went to school at Radford. Used to vacation with my parents off of Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway. Good times

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, here's the White Christmas pic, from my front porch

Jan 12, 2021, 5:26 PM
IMG-1634.jpg(140.9 K)

I'd think about moving somewhere north of US 11 in NW SC or NE GA or SW NC, but here is really nice, Mrs No has family here, 2 kids still local, plus 2 grandchildren. But not close to Clemson.

Holy hell, why do you need a $3200 fridge in the first place

Jan 12, 2021, 9:34 AM [ in reply to yes. ]

?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get back to me after you're actually married.***

Jan 12, 2021, 11:02 AM

Am married. Can confirm

Jan 12, 2021, 11:06 AM

why in the hell you would need a $3200 fridge is a very valid question.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's large cause we eat a lot of fresh stuff, has the

Jan 12, 2021, 3:55 PM

full width drawer between the french doors and the bottom freezer drawer, which is good for fresh salald stuff, the freezer has two shallow tray drawers to make it easier to find stuff, and of course water & ice in the door. We need a lot of room to keep stuff until it's way out of date. It's Whirlpool, chinese parts ASSEMBLED IN USA.

And fridges are a lot higher thanks to tariffs and rona distribution issues. Plus Lowes extra markup to cover all the fridges they have to eat 50% off of.

I think that just about covers it.

LOL, why in the hell does anyone get married?

Jan 12, 2021, 11:09 AM [ in reply to get back to me after you're actually married.*** ]

I don't have any interest in hitching my finances to that wagon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sure it isn't the other way around?***

Jan 12, 2021, 11:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, one of us has a mortgage and the

Jan 12, 2021, 11:14 AM

other has a car note, credit card debit, and student loan debt.

sweet, you get the house

Jan 12, 2021, 12:14 PM

when you break up

I'm looking for a scratch and dent fridge. How much you want

Jan 12, 2021, 12:17 PM [ in reply to yes. ]

also new fridges are refuckingdiculous.

Why is a fridge now 2000+?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 15
| visibility 807
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic