Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
bama kept this quiet until after signing day.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

bama kept this quiet until after signing day.

Feb 8, 2018, 2:01 PM

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/nfl_team_hiring_alabama_assist.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy sure seems like they know something....

Feb 8, 2018, 2:14 PM

It is not that Alabama has not had to replace coaches in the past, but it sure seems like there are a good deal of "one and done" types and long time assistants leaving. Smart left for Georgia, Pruitt comes in and leaves for Tennessee. Kiffin couldn't get out of there fast enough when he decided to leave. That whole coaching staff is having to be replaced and/or retooled from the top down by Saban. I won't count them out just yet, but could this be signs of things to come? Is Teflon Saban losing his cache? I will reserve my judgement for after a couple of mediocre seasons, but this could be signs...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he's not losing his cache.

Feb 8, 2018, 4:28 PM

Maybe he's just an a-hole to work for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

you really can’t count guys who leave for big time head

Feb 8, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Boy sure seems like they know something.... ]

Coaching jobs

Re: Boy sure seems like they know something....

Feb 8, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Boy sure seems like they know something.... ]

Just proves the you can’t trust Nick Saban. Just ask the Miami Dolphins what his word means! Typical Saban which is why I will ever anoint him the best coach in college football because I don’t think he is. When you have deceive and mislead recruits what does that say about you and your program. Sure Saban has been successful but what lines has he crossed to get there???

I think this move and the fact they keep it from recruits will hurt their recruiting in 2019.

If a coach is leaving a school before the next season and the school and the HC know about it and they fail to disclose this information to a recruit, it should be considered a major recruiting violation period. It not fair to lie to these kids. And Nick does it so well!

The NCAA created the Harbaugh rule now they need to create the Saban rule. All coaches should be required to disclose to the school, HC and any recruits he comes contact with that he is leaving before the next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder what or when their DL recruits were told?***

Feb 8, 2018, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

It doesn't sound like they were told anything before it

Feb 8, 2018, 2:33 PM

happened.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn't sound like they were told anything before it

Feb 8, 2018, 2:36 PM

That is just wrong to do to these kids. They should be told up front that the guys is leaving.

Re: It doesn't sound like they were told anything before it

Feb 8, 2018, 2:40 PM

Because Bama is all about the kids?

Looks like the headline should have read

Feb 8, 2018, 2:38 PM

"Man who was eating ### accidentally made his partner sneeze".

Re: Looks like the headline should have read

Feb 8, 2018, 9:48 PM

OMG. Can’t stop laughing

Re: Looks like the headline should have read

Feb 8, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Looks like the headline should have read ]

If you’ve ever had that happen to you, you wouldn’t be joking about it.

Err...Somebody told me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Bama's recruits will worry much about...

Feb 8, 2018, 2:44 PM

anyone leaving Bama unless Saban leaves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: bama kept this quiet until after signing day.

Feb 8, 2018, 3:02 PM

This is the type situation that a recruit should be allowed to back out on his pledge to a school.Its unfair for athletes to make friends and have confidence in a coach and then he leaves and they are obligated to their commitment.Its really a ###### way to do business in my opinion

Dunbar did great job there. That's going to be tough to

Feb 8, 2018, 4:16 PM

replace.

Speaking of.... Bo Davis, the former D Line coach is now the D Line coach for UTSA? Who????

He was rated the #2 recruiter in '16, but also resigned over recruiting infractions (I guess it's easy when you cheat).

I'm sure Saban will find someone to replace, but will they be as good as the last 2?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Steelers should have hired Brentson Buckner!!!

Feb 8, 2018, 5:21 PM

not only did he do a great job with the DLine in Arizona, but he is a former Steeler as well... c'mon Tomlin!!

Feb 8, 2018, 7:58 PM

I've been reading SEC Rant and Bama fans seem to be happy. Apparently Dunbar isn't a good recruiter

Feb 8, 2018, 10:18 PM

Sorta feel bad for saying this, but when immediately seeing the pic, I seriously thought this was a spoof on the movie Radio.

Instead, yet another way "amazing Alabama" works their program, yet no negativity will be heard from the networks.

Feb 8, 2018, 10:52 PM

He's a calico

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic