Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if we lose to SCAR is Dabo's job in jeopardy??????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

if we lose to SCAR is Dabo's job in jeopardy??????

Oct 22, 2013, 4:35 PM

i say yes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a quiz?***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you tell me your address...

Oct 22, 2013, 4:39 PM

And I'll drop by a letter with the answer...

Oh crap!!!!***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you on dope?

Oct 22, 2013, 4:41 PM

This will probably be his 3rd 10 win season in a row. Who else do you think would sign up for a school that fires a coach who wins 30 games in 3 years?

Are you a 6 year old girl from denmark?

Oct 22, 2013, 4:43 PM

Tigernet will be flaming but Dabo is set for several years no matter what happens at SC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, think he's trailer trash from Columbia.***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:44 PM

No???????????????????????????***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:45 PM

No,... just no. Please don't ask again.***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:45 PM

Re: if we lose to SCAR is Dabo's job in jeopardy??????

Oct 22, 2013, 4:46 PM

CoooooooT ALERT. He will surely call the coot radio with the answers saying we are ready to run Dabo out of town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 4:48 PM

I'll almost guarantee you he'll get a big raise, regardless of what happens in Columbia. And while I think we'll beat the coots this year, he deserves a raise whether or not we do. There is no comparison between where the program is today and where it was when Dabo took over. You people need to get a life here on planet earth. We've got a great football team. No, we aren't going to win the NC and we shouldn't. We aren't the best team in the country but we are a top 10 team. That's pretty good. Too bad you're not able to enjoy it. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There may be some that try to start making the seat hot

Oct 22, 2013, 4:49 PM

it will be worse if we get the ship righted and they drop another game or two and we still lose, but no jeopardy. His record vs them will come back to haunt him if next year isn't good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this is why I've proposed this...

Oct 22, 2013, 4:49 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1286483&tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: And this is why I've proposed this...

Oct 22, 2013, 4:50 PM

Shameless plug. Durn TU hoarder.

IBeHoardGood?***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Not likely but

Oct 22, 2013, 4:55 PM

While Dabo is vastly superior to Bowden, he clearly does not have this program as far ahead as many would (like to) believe. 10 win seasons are outstanding but given the status of the ACC, it's not like we're beating top 50 teams in the conference. Two straight beat-downs by FSU have (many) Clemson fans questioning where we truly are.

Five losses in a row to the Dirt Peckers would be difficult to explain away given this year's talent and productivity & the Lamecocks average team. Dabo would survive a loss but if it is another bad, non-competitive loss, I think many may starting seeing him in a different and less illuminating light. A close loss is likely not to assuage most fans perception of the program.

If we follow a bad USuC loss with a bad bowl game loss, that may really take the luster off Dabo. At the end of the day, money talks. If they sense big donors or season ticket sales will be significantly damaged, all bets are off.

I think he survives no matter what but honestly, I want a coach to be uncomfortable with his status, particularly given the couple dumpster fires we have had while he has been at the helm. Can you imagine losing to them for seven straight years with no coaching change???? I don't and that means he would HAVE to win next year at home if he losses this year in cootville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave you a point, but honestly don't see why Dabo should

Oct 23, 2013, 2:07 AM

have any luster at all at this point. His humiliating loses out weight his few accomplishments. Dabo isn't doing anything special. Our fans are hypnotized by the fact that he has done a few things we should have been doing for 20 years so by comparison it looks special when it's really not.

I say he's definitely on the hot seat.***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:56 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You couldn't be more wrong. It ain't even warm.****

Oct 22, 2013, 4:58 PM

Re: I say he's definitely on the hot seat.***

Oct 22, 2013, 10:17 PM [ in reply to I say he's definitely on the hot seat.*** ]

His seat is cold and not even near being warm yet...let him clean up some of his pre and post game comments since some of that stuff we could do without it just draws unwanted attention sometimes. Increase the size of the OL and DL in the next two years in recruiting and the rest will take care of itself. NOW if he does lose 7 in a row to the coots like some of you said and we do not have at least a 10-2 record or better in these next 3 years then yes he will be in trouble. 9-3 and losing to the coots will get him on the hot seat since he has not fared well lately vs the coots.

The real question, when we win how many will Stevie drink?***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:59 PM

"we" is pretty funny in your sentence since we all know you

Oct 22, 2013, 5:10 PM

love the birds. LOL>

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Dabo Wins Lots of FGFers Will Drink Bleach Though***

Oct 22, 2013, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 5:28 PM

After FSU, if we lose to the chickens this year, the big money alumni will have some serious questions.

NO***

Oct 22, 2013, 5:41 PM

Oct 22, 2013, 5:54 PM

No way. So, a 10 win season is considered a failure? I don't understand that

Oct 22, 2013, 5:57 PM

Ridiculus

Oct 22, 2013, 5:59 PM

Nope, Because he will not have any seat that could be hot.

I like winning 10 games a year but that means nothing if we lose to the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it is not in jeopardy.***

Oct 22, 2013, 6:31 PM

The correct answer is "What is NO, Alex?"...***

Oct 22, 2013, 7:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 10:25 PM

hell no, he's only beat lsu AND Georgia yes we lost to fsu, but they are a great team and USC isn't no slouch, these are all high quality teams, now when we start losing to NCSU,WAKE FOREST, MARYLAND, GT, THEN WE HAVE PROBLEMS.

1-5 against coots and 2-4 against FSU....our 2 biggest games

Oct 22, 2013, 10:29 PM

not sure he's on hot seat, but he had better start beating those 2 or we'll have a change

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd hate to lose to them again, it would be just awful

Oct 22, 2013, 10:35 PM

But if he won the rest of our remaining games and finished 11-2.. I just don't see how you can justify firing a coach who would have won 10+ games for 3 straight years even if he did lose 5 in a row to them. It would completely suck but I just don't see it happening.

That being said, we won't lose to the Coots so who cares?

GO TIGERS

No. But it should be.***

Oct 22, 2013, 11:13 PM

No, I'd say Dabo has established a little job security.

Oct 22, 2013, 11:30 PM

Sure, he might get some dirty looks from a couple boosters and fans alike - but seeing as the SCAR game means absolutely nothing on the national stage, I'd say being fired after 3 Atlantic Division Titles, An ACC title, and 2 (possibly 3) 10+ win seasons - no coach would want to come here if they know that's not 'good enough'.

Besides, outside of this state - a lot of people see us as an ACC and (even) national power due to our success under Dabo. Only within the confines of our own state do we have to play second fiddle to the coots - and that's the price we pay for losing to them the last 4 years. But when TB was pushed out the door for not winning any type of jewelry or big games (despite beating SC year in and year out) we traded victory over our in-state rival in for national success. Can we have both? Yes. Will we? I believe so. I think it is primarily a Spurrier/Dabo thing - and in short time the Ol Ball Sac will have to retire (at his age, you can't get sloshed after every game and think it's not going to take it's toll) Dabo is still learning the reigns - and doing a pretty good job of it. The time will come and he will beat SCAR.

I truly believe that is why the coots hate and despise Dabo so much. They constantly mock him and insult him because a.) They've earned that right the last 4 years; BUT b.) they also partly FEAR him. He has developed a good program here and we are winning championships. But he is also young and passionate about Clemson football. He is going to be around for a while. Whereas Spurrier is old and on the way out - he is NOT the future of SCar. Dabo IS the future of Clemson. He's already stacking the trophy case in the West Endzone - all he has to do now is figure out how to win ONE game.....and once he does......LOOK OUT!

We have no shot at a national title if we lose to SC every

Oct 23, 2013, 2:02 AM

year. If we can't beat SC we aren't going to beat FSU and compete for a national title.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!***

Oct 22, 2013, 11:50 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's simple, no***

Oct 23, 2013, 6:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on what he says after the game

Oct 23, 2013, 6:31 AM

;)

Re: Depends on what he says after the game

Oct 23, 2013, 6:36 AM

No way. Unless we lose all of our games now

Oct 23, 2013, 7:52 AM

No. Just by virtue of the schedule, and the weakness of the majority of the league, there were only three games on the schedule that there was a chance of losing. Normally one would say that five straight losses to USC would guarantee being fired. But hard to do when winning 9-10 games a year. But I will admit that losing to USC would be very painful this year. This was the year that was set up as the year to achieve things. After getting humiliated by FSU, losing to USC would effectively ruin the season.

Say hi to Manti Te'o for me***

Oct 23, 2013, 7:54 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2013, 7:59 AM

Not no but Hell no. Are you crazy??

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic