Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
dex stuff from dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

dex stuff from dabo

Dec 31, 2018, 9:33 PM

***** Swinney was asked for an update on the appeal regarding the suspensions for the failed drug tests.

He's hopeful but has not learned anything new. More meetings today about it.

"I have not learned anything, like I say, since Thursday. Obviously we played and traveled all day yesterday, but Dan Radakovich is leading that front, and I know that they'll be having some meetings and stuff today and trying to figure out what the moving-forward process is going to look like. Obviously we don't have a lot of time for this game.

"I'm hopeful that maybe something positive will come out, but I don't know anything at all.

"And then beyond this game, we've got -- there will be an appeal process that our players for sure will want to battle because there's consequences for next year. Dexter obviously has the ability to go pro, and with Zach and Braden, Zach has got a year left, and Braden is just going to be a sophomore. There's a longer runway for dealing with that and the process that's in place and what they've all got to do, but I don't know anything at all as far as relevant to this game."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dex stuff from dabo

Dec 31, 2018, 9:39 PM

Flame me all you want but it’s time for Dabo and the rest of Clemson nation to distance themselves from this issue. When Deon Cain tested positive for a banned substance there was a suspension and that was that. I don’t remember anyone claiming he used hemp shampoo or hemp ropes during practice may have contaminated his hands. At some point I made the decision and most of us will that these three guys, from different positions, different races..ie hair products etc may have taken something outside of what is allowed and are suffering the consequences. Anything less than this is intellectual dishonesty.

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe they asked Deon

Dec 31, 2018, 9:42 PM

and he said, "yes I am guilty"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe they asked Deon

Jan 1, 2019, 12:14 AM

Or maybe it was more than a faint trace of a substance, maybe he hadn’t postponed a NFL contract just to help get us back to the playoffs (why would anyone turn that down and then take any banned substance knowing that he could be tested), maybe it was a completely different situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are comparing Dex to Cain, really?

Dec 31, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Someone who chose to smoke pot compared to someone who ingested something without knowledge? There is a reason that Dabo and D-Rad are fighting this. I hope you are not in a leadership position, and if you are, I feel for those that you lead since you do not feel the need to fight for what is right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really?

Dec 31, 2018, 9:55 PM

I am in a leadership position, I have “innocent” guys fail test all of the time. In fact I have only had 1 out of maybe 30 ever admit to it. It doesn’t just show up in not 1 but 2 test in 3 guys. You have your head in the sand. People tell lies, science lab doesn’t.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whomever the flat earther who truly believes aliens abducted them last week

Dec 31, 2018, 10:04 PM

And keeps thumbing me down for telling the truth is, stop

Re: whomever the flat earther who truly believes aliens abducted them last week

Dec 31, 2018, 11:37 PM

Big thumb down for know it all attitude opposing standing up for players. Maybe coach should throw them under the bus cause you know (so you claim) they are guilty even when he don't believe they are.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:50 PM

I thumb down coots not tigers who disagree, but as you wish. I’m not saying they are guilty, their urine sample is. What part of this is flying over your head?

Jan 1, 2019, 12:00 AM

The urine sample just says that they had ostarine in their system. It gives us little on when and how it got there. If they are being honest when they say that they don't know how it got there, do you not think that is relevant? I am not asking if you think they are being honest. Just hypothetically, if they are being honest, do you think that it is relevant? Yes or no?

Jan 1, 2019, 12:11 AM

It’s hard to believe they are being honest, I say that because I would love to source and research “Osterine”. It’s practically impossible to find even though it’s legal per se’, in fact most osterine products do not contain a trace of it. I don’t believe them no, I go on the record.

Jan 1, 2019, 12:44 AM

My question was not if you believe them. It was hypothetically, if they are being honest would it be relevant they it got in their system without them knowing? I am going to ask one more question and I will check back in the morning. Do you think that Dabo believes them when they say they don't know how it got there? I think that he does, and if he does, I don't think it gives an option other than to fight for them.

Jan 1, 2019, 1:44 AM

I think that Dabo stands behind them, next kwestion

You think Dabo stands behind liars?***

Jan 1, 2019, 2:00 AM

Big Dex said they take drug tests all the time

Jan 1, 2019, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: whomever the flat earther who truly believes aliens abducted them last week ]

He also said he would not do something selfish like that to hurt the team. You can have your opinion but mine is that if a guy who has never given us one ounce of trouble pretty much knows he is going to get tested and will potentially lose a lot of money due to hurting his draft stock knowingly ingest trace amounts of a banned substance? If he was in the habit of taking peds it likely would’ve shown up in an earlier test. If he were in the habit of taking Ostarine it likely would’ve shown up more than a trace. I believe him because his story makes sense given the circumstances and what we know. It’s why Dabo and the administration backs him in the appeals process. This is my first and probably last time commenting on the situation because the guys are suspended and it is what is. They broke the rules and they have to pay the price whether it was intentional or not. However there is nothing based on what we do know that would suggest that at least Dex knew he was taking Ostarine. The facts give him the benefit of the doubt as far as I’m concerned. I don’t know what makes you think otherwise but thats just my .02. No TD’s from me but I don’t agree with you. Of course I could be wrong but that would shock me based on what we do know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Dex said they take drug tests all the time

Jan 1, 2019, 1:51 AM

I don’t think his draft stock is any lower, we will see

Jan 1, 2019, 1:56 AM

It’s not a drug, trust me the first “shake” he drinks will have Osterine in it. It’s an NCAA thing not NFL

Jan 1, 2019, 2:46 AM

Intel, it's not a NFL banned substance? I wondered if you knew anything about it but this statement just proved you don't have a clue as to what you are even talking about. Before you make such bold statements basically saying these guys are cheaters and liars, I think you need to know what the heck you are talking about. You are clueless at this point on the subject, and that is all I have to say! Go educate yourself about the testing process, the fact that the same urine was used and not a different supervised release, the banned substances for major sporting leagues, products it can be found in, the actual amounts found in sample which isn't consistent ingestion, the prior medical treatments performed on the athletes, the inability to purchase the substance except for black market purchases, the fact that a very, very high percentage of those testing positive for ostarine ingestion usually is found as a byproduct of high dose anabolics like deposit, cypio, hgh, TSH, etc as base use for body building and not as a solo ingestion.

All that to say, who has their head in the sand as you suggested? I would suggest it is you sir and you need to educate yourself before calling players and coaches liars. I feel confident this trace is a by-product of something unintentionally consumed or exposed too therefore doesn't justify 12mo suspensions.

I tend to favor your opinion but there is a thing called lab error

Dec 31, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really? ]

Can be from machinery not properly calibrated to handling errors causing contamination.

If you don't think mistakes can ever be made in a test lab,

Dec 31, 2018, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really? ]

you are full of it!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what the B sample is for. This was no lab error

Dec 31, 2018, 10:53 PM

All 3 guys really had ostarine in their systems. There are basically 3 possibly ways it go there:

1) They took it knowingly hoping to gain some advantage. (This seems a little unlikely given they knew they would be tested soon. )

2) They took some kind of new supplement they thought was safe that actually ostarine in it.

3) They got a tainted batch of a supposedly safe supplement.

First off, if its #1 or #2 they are done for a year. If its #3 they can win an appeal but only if they can prove it which means finding the tainted supplement, having it tested in a lab to verify contamination, and possibly even locating and testing a control sample from the same batch to verify contamination. Then they have to wait to have the appeal heard and present the evidence.

Dex is done playing for Clemson, even if he's eventually cleared. The best we can hope for is to have the other guys cleared for next season. And honestly even that could be a longshot.

I was with you the whole way up to

Jan 1, 2019, 2:05 AM

saying Dex is done playing for Clemson. I don't think we know that.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really? ]

Labs can make mistakes. I was told my HbA1c was high when tested for life insurance. I insisted on a retest and results came back normal.

Jan 1, 2019, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really? ]

Well that’s not been my experience. I’ve been sent to the ER for a false creatinine result. I had a negative pregnancy test when I was expecting my 4th child, I’ve been told an X-ray proved I had an infection when in fact I did not.
So I’m not judging your post, but I’ve had plenty of experience with false lab results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 12:09 AM

Oh deer lowered you are comparing a pregnancy experience with a brand new, very rare and actually hard to get pure osterine. I can’t help you with this

They tested the water in the Reedy River at Falls Park

Jan 1, 2019, 1:47 AM

and it came back positive for prescription and OTC drugs in the samples, so who the hell knows where the freakin Osterine came from. Also, Dabo said it was a TRACE amount. No one’s got their head in the sand dude, there’s just no smoking gun here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really? ]

it could easily be a cross contaminant, whether intentionally or carelessly , by the manufacturer of legitimate and legal substances , not the consumer

Jan 1, 2019, 1:47 AM

Explain how easy it is for cross contamination in 10000 words or less, you cannot do it

You may be in a leadership position

Jan 1, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: You are comparing Dex to Cain, really? ]

But it doesn't make you a leader. Folks don't like 'leaders' who view the world in a strictly 'black and white' fashion, without at least showing some measure of trying to grasp what's happening in the 'gray', which, in point of fact, is where life is lived. Carry on with your fine 'leadership' qualities, though...bloom where you're planted. The rest of us will find another spot in the 'garden of life'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apples and oranges man***

Dec 31, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Dec 31, 2018, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Cain was suspended for street drugs. He was suspended by Swinney and spent time in the penalty box. Swinney was very clear about the difference involved in this current situation. I trust coach to handle things professionally and ethically in both cases. It reflects upon everything he’s built.

Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three

Dec 31, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Re: Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three

Dec 31, 2018, 10:07 PM

That my friend is why you nip it in the bud, Dex goes to the NFL, we all love him dearly but the longer this drags out nothing good comes out of this for Clemson or him. Don’t know how it got there but it’s there. I happen to work in a related field so arguing this with me is really not going to go well.

I'm not really sure what you are arguing

Dec 31, 2018, 10:14 PM

Re: Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three

Dec 31, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three ]

Doesn't matter what field you are in. Labs aren't perfect.

I am not a flat earther and I haven't been abducted lately

Dec 31, 2018, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three ]

by aliens, but I do believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and get the feeling that you probably think I believe in a fairy tell. You say that you work in a related field but you don't say what it is related to. If it is science, then I am game. Believe it or not, a lot of us Christians are not as out of touch with science as you may think. If it is Business Management and you think that cutting 3 young men loose is the most efficient way to handle things, then you have me there. You may think that your Thumbs Down makes it end badly for me and that you are special because you have a much better "pulse" than me, but the problem is I don't give a rat's behind. Whatever your related field is it evidently doesn't it evidently doesn't relate to Clemson, because Clemson is family and we believe these young men until they give us a reason not to. We search for the source of the ostarine, whether we are on a wild goose chase or not, and we support these young men in every way that we can. My bet is in the end we will find out that the source was unknown to these guys regardless of the odds that you give it.

You lost me at fairy tell***

Dec 31, 2018, 11:01 PM

Re: You lost me at fairy tell***

Dec 31, 2018, 11:06 PM

Doesn't surprise me. You seem pretty lost.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:15 PM

Dec 31, 2018, 11:30 PM

Was in reference to your accusation that those of us that believe these young men must believe the Earth is flat and that we may have been abducted by aliens. Don't get me wrong. I believe that the test results were valid, however, I believe these young men are telling the truth when they say they do not know how it got in their system. It is the same drug for all 3 and as someone else pointed out, it is unlikely that these 3 are workout partners. Seems more likely to me that they are telling the truth about not knowing where it came from.

and there he shows himself.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:36 PM [ in reply to You lost me at fairy tell*** ]

A

Not sure what exactly you mean by "nipping it in the bud"

Dec 31, 2018, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three ]

but the best way to proceed from here is to let DRad and the legal team pursue the issue behind the scenes, which is exactly what they are doing. We are in the frigging playoff right now. There are hundreds of media members there asking questions so it's impossible to just sweep this under the rug right now. Questions are going to be asked.

The season is going to be over in a week though and almost everyone is going to forget about the issue. At that point they can quietly try to get to the bottom of the issue and if they end up clearing the guys, great!

"Related field"... Now you bother to mention it. Go zuk eggs***

Jan 1, 2019, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m Now worried about my GNC Muscle Milk Powder b/c

Dec 31, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Why is it hard to believe that they may have all three ]

my 77.7 year old muscles are growing way too fast!

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you forget the "muscle milk" and stay with real milk, you

Dec 31, 2018, 10:27 PM

will be much better off, Bill!

Would you love to have your 100% pulse ruined for life?

Dec 31, 2018, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

One more stupid post should do it. BTW, I never TD tigers. I save the few I have for coots and other teams' trolls. I won't do it but another post or two like that and blam!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you love to have your 100% pulse ruined for life?

Dec 31, 2018, 10:13 PM

As long as you promise to TU every post for life once this is settled

Dec 31, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

BTW hemp products do not contain THC and wouldn't show up on drug test. I had a guy fail a drug test and it was prescription drugs from previous surgery. He was terminated and banned from the industry for 3 years because he did not list the drug before the test. I couldn't save his job but fought all the way through Corporate Security because his former manager did nothing. Eventually I got the 3 year ban removed. His eligibility to work in the industry was reinstated. No different than what Dabo and the AD are doing. This is about 3 persons lives we're talking about.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 10:17 PM

Fight away. I’m suggesting what’s best for the team not 3 individuals

Dec 31, 2018, 10:32 PM

If Dabo and the AD believe the players why would they leave them out to dry by "forgetting" about it? What message would that send the other 100+ players? Support those you love and respect!

Jan 1, 2019, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Inlet Tiger, I don't know if it ended well for me or not, but I am going to bed after this post. I think the thing that I find hardest to understand is how you separate the individuals from the team. The Clemson football team is different from a lot of other places. It's a family. In my family we are tightest during adverse times because we are strongest that way. I think the devotion to one another has been instilled by Dabo and our coaching staff leading by example. It may not be what other programs think is right, but to do otherwise would not make us All In. I'd say that it has worked pretty well so far. Sorry if my fairy tell comment upset you. I was a little miffed about the flat Earther comment. Good luck in the New Year and Go Tigers.

Jan 1, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

I seriously doubt you are in ANY kind of leadership position based on this thread. If you are, I truly feel bad for those you have the privilege to manage. Your statements throughout are shortsighted and selfish...average managers know better than that. You fight for your guys individually because the rest of your crew sees that and applies it to themselves. Cutting cords with guys who didn't knowingly do anything wrong and have never been problems prior tells everyone else you don't care about ANY of them.

I actually do manage about 60 guys and have had numerous drug tests that fail. Some are no brainers - Termination have a nice life, some are trace amounts of something that is not typical...still there but a guy who has never been a problem comes crying to you and sincerely has no clue how a drug test came back positive. Ok - lets figure out how it got there, HQ doesn't care they say terminate. I say this guy is a great worker who I have seen every day the past 4 years and I sincerely believe that this got into his system accidentally. We fight for him - over a year we fight to have him in a position to be rehired. Does a great job and still hasn't been a problem. I would take one of him over a dozen lame workers who just want to pick up a paycheck. But what do I know, I have only been managing people for 11 years. We helped give him his life back - deservedly, that actually means something - and it says a HECK of a lot to everyone else at the facility that if they show up do a good job, stay out of trouble we will have their backs.

I don't see how you can run a successful department if the people working under you cant trust you with their careers.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

which is what real folks in leadership positions would do. Rather than get on a message board and argue how much they know about something which doesn't involve them.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

But, it would also be intellectually dishonest to not also acknowledge that given that these three players come from different races, play such different positions, and constitute a rather bizarre group on the depth chart (a third string freshman TE, a backup redshirt Junior OL, and an All-American DT) that it might also be just as possible that this is a serious test error or unintentional ingestion of said substance.

That’s what gets me friend: the three who got pinged are certainly a strange group to be illegally doping all by their lonesome. Why would Lawrence? Why would he, based on his proven talent and ability, do it? Why would his body not reflect his PED use? Why would he have continued to look like a large, and heavy man with a gut? If he was such a sophisticated illegal doper to be taking such a very exotic PED, how did he get away with it for three years? Why suddenly start this year, if he wasn’t before this year, when he had an arguably All-American type year, as a Freshman,when he was even fatter? Why suddenly risk taking an illegal substance when he was already projected being a possible top 10 NFL pick BEFORE the season started? Furthermore, when a man of his size and ability starts taking PEDS, there is usually a correlation of almost superhuman results in competition (i.e. Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Roger Clemens, Lance Armstrong). While Lawrence has certainly had a great year, I certainly do not see any results based evidence that would illustrate superhuman type feats that are abnormal to a normal DT of his size and observed ability. It just makes no sense.

Lastly, I look at it this way: it seems far more likely that if these gents did take this substance, they did so unknowingly and were thus given this substance by someone directly connected to the Clemson program. If that’s the case, then it happened in either one of two ways. 1.) The Clemson staff member or members who gave it to them, did it unknowingly and unintentionally, thus making it accidental and no fault lies with these three young men. 2.) The Clemson staff member or members who gave it to them did it knowingly and deceptively in an effort to cheat and gain great advantage for Clemson. If #2 is true, then Dabo Swinney and his program is a complete lie, and everything I and others have believe about Coach Swinney and the program have been completely fooled. He should be fired immediately, and Clemson should forfeit all their wins from this year, as well as be criminally investigated for illegally doping. However, based on everything we have come to know about Dabo Swinney and his programs, further evidenced by both his and his program’s actions on and off the field over the last ten years, I tend to believe it was #1. Coach Swinney, his staff, and certainly these three players absolutely did nothing wrong intentionally or knowingly and should thus be vindicated and absolved from any accusations of cheating or dastardly behavior. Coach Swinney isn’t a perfect man, but he’s, I believe, an honest and good man. He wouldn’t cheat, nor would he knowingly allow his players or staff to cheat. If he says he has no idea how this would have happened, I believe him. This was either a test error or accident.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 PM

To start with Ostarine isn’t a drug, these Sarms mimick androgenous synthetics but not entirely. The facts are that no one knows what these are capable of but as of now it all looks positive. You are expecting Swartzenager (however you spell it) results or results the likes of cycling Dyna and Test and then Winstrol V. I am only saying that not one test but 2 test per individual were done. These were NOT the only 3 tested on the team and yet they did test positive on both sample A and B while the rest came up negative. We can allege conspiracy, I just can’t see wisdom in that.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:36 PM

To start with Ostarine isn’t a drug, these Sarms mimick androgenous synthetics but not entirely. The facts are that no one knows what these are capable of but as of now it all looks positive. You are expecting Swartzenager (however you spell it) results or results the likes of cycling Dyna and Test and then Winstrol V. I am only saying that not one test but 2 test per individual were done. These were NOT the only 3 tested on the team and yet they did test positive on both sample A and B while the rest came up negative. We can allege conspiracy, I just can’t see wisdom in that.

I never said it was a conspiracy. I did suggest that it might be a mistake. And, it wasn’t really two different tests, as I understand it. It was the same test in two different selections from the same urine samples. It was not two different type tests. And, based on your response, it appears you have far more knowledge about PEDs than I do, and I won’t question you on that. But, if what you say is true, and this substance is still relatively an unknown in what it can do and it’s advantages in competition, why are we to believe that a country boy rube (and I mean that affectionately as I am one too) like Dexter Lawrence from Piedmont NC or Branden Galloway from backwater SC or GA would be so “in the know” about an unproven substance like Ostarine or whatever you call it?

Dec 31, 2018, 10:43 PM

Thank you sir for a most respectful reply to my comment. I don’t know why, I’m a country boy myself and really like Dexter Lawrence. I hope it all works out.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:52 PM

Thank you sir for a most respectful reply to my comment. I don’t know why, I’m a country boy myself and really like Dexter Lawrence. I hope it all works out.

No problem, sir. While I disagree with you on this, I certainly have enjoyed an intellectual debate that didn’t resort to pejoratives and sophomoric insults. When that is avoided, message boards become enjoyable. Have a Happy New Year.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

These kids have never heard of Ostarine. Neither had the other 99% of the sports world. Even the guys on the juicing/gear forums don't know what this crap is. It is plainly a case of contaminants in non-banned energy drinks or supplements. I don't believe Dabo would go on the record being behind the boys if there was any doubt. Nothing else makes sense. Hopefully the offending manufacturer will be found and sued into bankruptcy.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Dabo and DRad are doing exactly what they should be doing, fighting for their players! Also what is best for these players is best for this team as well. Because they are part of the team. Yes Dex will probably go pro, but there are two others here that still have eligibility. It would be different if they had came out and said “ok we did it”, but if I knew I was innocent, I wouldn’t own up to it either!

If you can't believe anything else, believe Dex would not

Dec 31, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

jeopardize his NFL career by doing something as stupid as taking PEDs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 31, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

I can't believe you just compared Cain to DeX and had the nerve to condemn others for "intellectual dishonesty"

Smh

Dec 31, 2018, 10:49 PM

The NCAA compares the two violations as equals, not me

Dec 31, 2018, 11:14 PM

You did....... you can not deny it. You can actually read it. Smh

You continue to demonstrate your lack of credibility judging anyone's intellect or honesty.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

I won't flame you for an opinion, but yeah like others said it's fairly night and day since you've basically got 3 guys that would have to be flat out lying to everyone including Dabo and I seriously think the odds of that are pretty low given our Clemson culture and the level of respect all of our players have for our school and Dabo.

And like others said, in all other cases of suspensions for testing positive for banned substances in the past, players have always either come forward and admitted it EVENTUALLY...or other witnesses or police reports substantiate it but it sure doesn't usually linger indefinitely with no concrete info like this situation has though.

I'll admit, I gave a half-second of a consideration to the fact that if I were a player, I'd probably feel more comfortable admitting to taking a recreation drug that would in all likely hinder my athletic performance like marijuana etc than something designed to make you stronger and better at the sport. And also coming forward and acknowledging it could cost potential millions on fallen draft stock etc...

So I'm not going to 100% say I know for a fact there's ZERO chance that they realize what they might've took but just won't this situation to go away, but I think given the character of our guys that possibility as I've already said is extremely remote, especially for 3 of them to do it.

So bottom line is when it comes to what they're saying, I take them at their word. And also I don't agree with the 'rule are rules' (implication being with no exceptions) folks. That philosophy just isn't one that's very compatible for real life, which is often messy and random.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:54 PM

won't = want

sorry can't edit posts as a bum free user

Dec 31, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Cain’s was for pot, and it was the 2nd time that season. There’s a lot of difference in the situations, especially with the players saying they have no idea where it came from, and this drug having other instances of showing up in test results via being taken unknowingly.

Also, look at the support Lawrence has from his teammates. As a coach, you’d seriously let your team witness you and the school give up on him and the other two, and not bother with the appeal? That seems like a great way to possibly lose your team during the playoffs, and lose their faith in you going forward.

Jan 1, 2019, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

I just don’t believe that the biggest guy on the team, a guy that is naturally so big that he was the biggest guy on the team from the first day that he arrived. A guy that was so big and bad that he dominated his older teammates that had played for the National Championship the year before, a guy that was so big and bad that from day one he took their playing time because he was bigger and better. I just don’t believe that THAT GUY, took something illegal on purpose to get an edge.
Hunt down the companies that produce this illegal substance, throw the principles in prison and burn their buildings to the ground.

Jan 1, 2019, 1:58 AM

And why would Dex have tested negative twice this season(and prior years) and take something late in the year probably before the ACC CG knowing a test was possibly coming in 2 weeks? Could he have even taken enough in this time frame to have done ANY good and test at 2 ppm? I don't know the answer to this, but I have read enough about Ostarine contamination and non labeled products to believe him until proven he took it knowingly. Also, it may never be proven how he got it.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:03 AM

it’s all plausible. Hell a UFO dropping Osterine juice falls into the same level of believability

You need to research Ostarine and the people that have been affected

Jan 1, 2019, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

by trace amounts showing up in there systems. Long distance runners were suspended from competition and had it overturned b/c they proved the salt tablets that were being given out at a race had trace amounts of ostarine. To say they were knowingly taking this substance with the amounts that were in their system, is a shortsighted statement.

There's no nice way tonstate this, but your analogy is ignorant.

Jan 1, 2019, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Deon smoked pot. He tested positive for thc, which is not in hemp products.
I don't mind your position of distancing, but I also know Dabo has way more knowledge and has proven the highest moral integrity. If he decides to stand up for his guys, I have no reason to question his judgement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 1, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: dex stuff from dabo ]

Wrong. The onky intellectual dishonesty here is the fact that you dont understand how THC and Ostarine work.

Ostarine is found in contaminated supppements, supplements that are unregulated and 95% of which produced in the same factory in china which also make Ostarine. Contamination is very, very common. You can read the NCAA stats your self.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic