Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Did UCLA's QB Defeat The Seahawks Defense This Weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

So Did UCLA's QB Defeat The Seahawks Defense This Weekend?

Sep 8, 2015, 8:51 AM

Big Deal, They Beat UVA at Home. It is Amazing How Quickly The Media Christens Gods of Football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well he was the #1 QB recruit.

Sep 8, 2015, 8:53 AM

I agree it is yet to be seen how he performs against top comp, but for a true fresh he was legit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed

Sep 8, 2015, 9:06 AM

Just like DW last year. He didn't look like a true freshman, but a junior or senior. UCLA QB looked experienced out there; even if it was against UVA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember people on Tigernet saying the exact same stuff

Sep 8, 2015, 9:04 AM

when Jameis Winston played his first game at Pitt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mmhm, and kenny hill was the heisman front runner...

Sep 8, 2015, 9:59 AM

it happens on all sides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hill was a Soph with a little bit of experience though.***

Sep 8, 2015, 10:08 AM

he flamed out after being anointed all world by the media

Sep 8, 2015, 10:26 AM

after 1 game, in which case the media was dead ####### wrong to do so...knee jerks on all sides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the larger point here was that Rosen looks

Sep 8, 2015, 10:48 AM

incredibly talented and poised for a true freshman in his very first college game just as Winston did 2 years ago at Pitt, and Watson did during his limited action at UGA last year.

I think it's fine the talk the kid up based on that.

it's one game, against a bad/ok uva team...

Sep 8, 2015, 11:02 AM

It is Amazing How Quickly The Media Christens Gods of Football.

you took exception and pointed out people saying the same here after one game about jameis. i offered kenny the thrill is gone hill as the media's ridiculous reaction to a similar first game against a highly overrated scar team.

we'll see how the young man does at ucla[he looked great], but that doesn't change the media was flat out wrong to do what they did with kenny hill and he won't be the last.

talking about these things is far different than the ridiculous expectations bandied/lavished about; it happens on all sides.

I expect their expose and rants to move UCLA up a spot...

Sep 8, 2015, 10:40 AM

in the AP. Clemson is one spot ahead of them now. It's not a big deal unless they beat USCw. That will get them first place votes on the west coast. Probably a ton of ESPiN airtime too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic