Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter

Sep 11, 2019, 7:58 PM

Receiver’s right foot is half-in, half-out when the catches the ball. Even the ESPN $EC homers said he was out. Horrible call by the replay crew to let a bad call by the $EC crew stand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter

Sep 11, 2019, 8:00 PM

His back foot was in bounds before his front foot came down. The call was correct.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The issue, I think, was there

Sep 11, 2019, 8:03 PM

Was no review. That was surprising to me. Lowered knows, they've reviewed for less suspect plays.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The issue, I think, was there

Sep 11, 2019, 8:09 PM

The play was reviewed. The officials announced that the play stands as called (no conclusive evidence to overturn call of completed catch).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: The issue, I think, was there

Sep 11, 2019, 8:36 PM

The reviewers were SEC as well, which struck me as unusual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 11, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter ]

In all the replays I saw, there was never a view from the front side showing when the aTm player ACTUALLY made the catch. Therefore, the refs were correct in not overturning the original call, as there was no definitive evidence to overturn.

However, you can NOT definitively say “the back foot was in BEFORE the front foot landed on the line”...

.... wearing my orange colored glasses, he was DEFINITELY out of bounds. lol

I also think football karma was in play. This call offset the horse collar tackle called against aTm that wasn’t, per the replays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I am pretty sure the horse collar tackle

Sep 11, 2019, 8:49 PM

Is if you grab the collar of the shoulder pads... front or back.

The catch call, you are exactly right. The wording on the explanation was "stands as called." Meanining there is nothing to verify one way or the other... what was called will stand.

If the say "confirmed" then the e evidence was clear that the call was correct on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am pretty sure the horse collar tackle

Sep 11, 2019, 10:36 PM

I think they may have to define a foot as one piece next year. Front or back out of bounds equals out of bounds no matter the sequence of heel toe. The crucial thing was the one ref who signaled out of bounds allowed the other ref to say in bound so the call on the field became in bounds which was impossible to overturn.

Re: I am pretty sure the horse collar tackle

Sep 12, 2019, 8:37 AM

Uh, I'll bite. It's not the front and back of a single foot, they are talking about his OTHER foot.

If I fell for this, I apologize and will glady turn in my (R).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horse collaring is from the opening on...

Sep 12, 2019, 8:42 AM [ in reply to I am pretty sure the horse collar tackle ]

...the back or side not the front. This includes the pads and the jersey. This is what the referee representative said who was helping with the broadcast.

SEC refs on the field, ACC refs were the replay officials in the both.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the replay about 15 times in slow mo

Sep 11, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter ]

Trying to see something that told me the receiver was controlling the ball before his right foot came down half in half out. Each time it seemed clearer that he did not. I disagree with you.

Sep 11, 2019, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter ]

He went to ground with a fake injury to stop the clock right? Lol...

Sep 12, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: aTm pass at 5:44 left in the 3rd quarter ]

His back foot was definitely down first but my question was whether or not he had the ball before the out-of-bounds foot was on the ground.

With the replay camera being behind the player it was hard to tell when he gained control.

My biggest issue with the whole situation was that the referee who was in position made a call of incomplete and allowed the back judge who could only see the play from behind the WR to overrule him.

The call should have never been changed from what the first referee signaled.

Once it was changed on the field, the camera angles did not allow for a reversal during review.

Sep 11, 2019, 8:03 PM

Lol. How were they even remotely sec homers?

LOL. Watch E$PN much?***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:14 PM

Re: LOL. Watch E$PN much?***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:37 PM

sometimes the TigerPulse means nothing.
sometimes it tells you all you need to know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: LOL. Watch E$PN much?***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:50 PM [ in reply to LOL. Watch E$PN much?*** ]

Yup. All the time. I’m just not a snowflake and don’t get offended by what everyone says. You people make things up to make espn look biased all the time. It’s hilarious. That crew didn’t say one thing remotely biased toward the sec during our game.

This one seemed pretty simple to me

Sep 11, 2019, 8:47 PM

1) It was ruled a catch on the field -this is important

2) Receivers back foot was dragging before front foot stepped OOB

3) The point where he gains full possession will determine whether he was in or out. Was the back foot still dragging?

4) There didn't appear to be a clear angle showing the exact moment he gained possession. The booth may or may not have additional angles but I think they mostly use the TV feeds for reviews so there may not have been a better angle

5) If there's no clear angle showing the ball arriving that can also be synced up with the WRs feet the call should "stand."

I'm not sure how you watched that 15 times and thought it was conclusive. I never saw a view that showed precisely when receiver gained control. It was one of those where they showed a few views and I just said "yeah that's gonna stand" and left the room to grab a drink.

Re: This one seemed pretty simple to me

Sep 11, 2019, 8:56 PM

Me too. You just have to understand how football illiterate this board is. Every game there are at least 5 times where a thread is created to complain about a flag or a rule or whatever else, and the whole thread is completely wrong. A bunch of head scratchers. But it’s funny so I like reading them.

Sep 12, 2019, 7:55 AM

Can you recommend some football literate boards, or is this illiterate board the only one you visit?

Sep 12, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: This one seemed pretty simple to me ]

Imagine being this arrogant.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Sep 12, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: This one seemed pretty simple to me ]

You are completely wrong....it’s at least 6 times......

The PBP and color guy

Sep 11, 2019, 9:11 PM [ in reply to This one seemed pretty simple to me ]

Both thought he was out based on what they saw. They both thought it was a bad call. They were right.

Re: The PBP and color guy

Sep 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

Why are you complaining about a possible missed call in a game that occurred 4 days ago and a game that we dominated and won by 2 touchdowns? What’s the purpose? I’m sure everyone but you has already moved on. The call did not change the outcome of the game, so why all the angst?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re just talking between games. Sorry you don’t approve.

Sep 12, 2019, 8:29 AM

Gessssssssshhhhh ...... you’re like my wife.

I’m driving and somebody does something stupid and I say something like - “Wow, that was pretty dumb” and she says Why are you so angry ? or similar ..... lol

Congrats for being in my wife’s WAY over the Top response Club - you could run for a leadership position for the next term ????

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 11, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to The PBP and color guy ]

They didn't look at his back foot. They were wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they mentioned the back foot

Sep 12, 2019, 8:19 AM

The ball didn’t get there until his right foot was way over the boundary. Incomplete pass. Bad call.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The PBP and color guy ]

They did...he drug his toe on that foot as the catch was made. That's why they said it was complete...that foot stayed down dragging the entire time.

Not surprised it stood- without another

Sep 11, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to This one seemed pretty simple to me ]

Angle and zoom they weren’t going to change that call. However, I was pissed that the back side judge overruled somehow the front side judge who ruled it incomplete. Go back and watch if you didn’t notice. This was who I was watching from my seat down the line on that side. The front guy(coming from LOS) was the only one with the ability to see both feet and when he gets possession as the receiver is facing the LOS. He immediately started waiving incomplete. How he gives way and let’s the back side judge convince him otherwise was BS. Apologies if I don’t have the proper titles for the side judges but hopefully my description is good enough if not.

Sep 12, 2019, 8:45 AM

Okay.

I want all of you who say he was in bounds do this. Run as fast as you can and at any point, have your rear foot "drag" before your front foot comes down. Dang near impossible. He was OOB when he made the catch.

I agree that we got a horse collar call. The guy grabbed the jersey (which is legal) but not the pads.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

leading right foot is still up....back left foot is dragging at his toes.

Sep 12, 2019, 1:10 PM

Thanks for the image.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:17 AM

Can we all agree the officiating in this game was atrocious???

You're focused on the wrong foot, however. Focus!

Sep 12, 2019, 11:33 AM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic