Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zachary Evans - No offer?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Zachary Evans - No offer?

Mar 28, 2019, 12:48 PM

Has anyone figured out the reason we haven't offered Zachary Evans out of Houston? He's #2 player in the country and his measurable's and stats are once in a generation type stuff. He seems to be good friends with DJ Uiagalelei and has expressed multiple times on twitter to play with DJ at Clemson. Has anyone figured out why Elliot hasn't offered this kid yet. I trust Elliot's evaluation of players with Etienne, Lyn-J, etc. but I cannot for the life of me figure out why he hasn't offered this kid yet makes me think something is up. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zachary Evans - No offer?

Mar 28, 2019, 12:53 PM

Has the kid been to Clemson's campus?

If no, then you have your answer.

Tweeting interest and actually showing up to Clemson are two different things, and our staff isn't going to throw out offers if the kids aren't willing to come take a peek.

Mar 28, 2019, 12:56 PM

TigersO Yes he has one time

Mar 28, 2019, 12:58 PM

Then the reasoning is likely that the coaches did not check all of the boxes that they did with other players.

The other option is that the coaches really like him but have other players at the same position that they like even better and feel really good about.

NO he didn't, something about a handler

Mar 28, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Zachary Evans - No offer? ]

wanting to come(7on7 coach) and vsiit was cencelled .

Re: NO he didn't, something about a handler

Mar 28, 2019, 2:50 PM

This was what I was told as well.

You probably answered your own question. I trust the

Mar 28, 2019, 12:53 PM

coaching staff, they have others they think are better fits for our culture at this point in time, evidently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 12:56 PM

Let’s start a fire Elliot campaign. Who does he think he is?

If we don’t get offer a top recruit from Houston area prob a reason

Mar 28, 2019, 12:57 PM

Houston has become ground zero for the shoe company influenced 7 on 7 teams whose coaches (not HS coach) are taking over recruitment of many from this region.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:00 PM

I think the staff just likes their chances better between Bowman, Ngata, and Knighton. Since we are only bringing in 2 backs.

Read elsewhere about a potential "handler"

Mar 28, 2019, 1:08 PM

I don't know if it is true or not, but it makes sense. They mentioned that his brother could be acting as a handler and that his recruitment is going to require more than a scholarship. Also read that he's been visiting schools with a large posse, so that kinda makes sense.

He's a really good player. There's obviously something outside-the-lines holding back an offer.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Read elsewhere about a potential "handler"

Mar 28, 2019, 1:14 PM

Hmmm... heard something about a handler too but not his brother... "handler" very interesting if some shady cash is involved with this kid then don't be surprised if he ends up at UGA at the last second considering how notoriously shady their recruiting methods are.

Translation...

Mar 28, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Read elsewhere about a potential "handler" ]

he'll likely end-up at Auburn, Georgia, or Tennessee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Translation...

Mar 28, 2019, 2:10 PM

My understanding is to get him you have to also take an OL that is on his high school team. He will not go to any school that does not take them as a pair. We are probably done taking OL

Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee...a $

Mar 28, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Translation... ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zachary Evans is nice ...

Mar 28, 2019, 2:33 PM

But have you seen any Demarckus Bowman ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 28, 2019, 3:05 PM

Yep that’s the rb I would rather have as well. Don’t know how the Evans kids is once a generational type measurable since there are 4 or 5 rbs this cycle that are similar incredible athletes.

Mar 28, 2019, 3:40 PM

I love Bowman and think he could flourish in our offense so im more than ecstatic to have a chance at him, but Zachary Evans is in a different teir of pure athleticism. Thats not to say whose going to be the better college player, but Zachary Evans is a better athlete than Travis ETN RIGHT NOW. He's special.

Mar 28, 2019, 4:25 PM

Agreed. Bowman is a special player I’d love to have and would flourish in our offense. However, Evans is just generational, he ran a verified 3.84 shuttle at an event the other day. Forget high school... that would a Top 10 shuttle ever at the NFL combine. Bowman is special the same way Deshaun was “special”. But Evans is generational the same way Trevor is “generational”

Mar 28, 2019, 6:08 PM

He steps on any campus in the country and he's probably the most physically gifted athlete on the team. I seen him squatting nearly 600 lbs as a 17 year old kid who weighs under 200 lbs. Thats in the top 1% of the world for his weight and unheard of for most people his age. I don't think we get him and that doesn't bother me because the way our offense is set up We'll be fine in the Backfield regardless...but its strange how some people are trying to diminish this kids pure Talent.

Mar 28, 2019, 8:03 PM

I'm amazed at how much info some of yous guys come up with .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 8:47 PM

He is from Texas and is big into the 7v7 circuit.... do you really need to know any more? Thanks Leon O’Neal, we’ll be moving on....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic