Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korey foreman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Korey foreman

Jan 7, 2021, 6:09 PM

Apologies if this was posted b4. I didn't see it. I posted the link below. However, it seems some here on tnet had it pegged correct. Probably not Clemson material. He sounds like he doesn't agree with Dabo's stance. Here's a quote if you don't wish to read the whole article.

Foreman had made clear that developing his personal brand was important to his decision. So USC prepared an in-depth presentation over Zoom in December, focused on the star power of Los Angeles and the lucrative opportunities that would be available to him, once the floodgates open on name, image and likeness for college athletes.

Foreman called it "insane." USC had laid out concrete data to quantify his branding potential and the reach of its own brand, from engagement rates to expected dollars per Instagram post. They offered strategies for improving his Instagram following and explained how former Trojans receiver Juju Smith-Schuster, who boasts a huge online audience as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, might’ve cashed in as a marketable college star.

“Going into being a college athlete, this is everything that people talk about wanting to have,” Foreman said. “Everybody feels like college athletes deserve something at some point, and I couldn’t be the only one that was drooling when they talked about the numbers.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/order-land-korey-foreman-usc-150048575.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/la_times_articles_853/88552d35a242820bee37c0ff8eadada4">

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korey foreman

Jan 7, 2021, 6:18 PM

Sad play. Money isn’t everything. One play could take it all away. Clemson men are set up for success on and off the field. Good luck to him. He’ll need it

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who? Never heard of her.******

Jan 7, 2021, 6:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 6:28 PM

This is just the beginning. Recently irrelevant programs in large markets are going to rise again in recruiting because of the available cash. Now whether they have the coaches and culture to be successful with top recruits is to be seen.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 6:49 PM

Here’s how we’re gonna make sure that you get payed.............everything changes, but when this change becomes the main topic of conversation in college sports, I’m pretty sure I’ll be less of a fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Korey foreman ]

Yep, and all of the other stuff is worthless if the FB program you're playing for isn't any good bc, how good an individual is on a 11 man team that isn't any good, they rarely get noticed when other players can't help to complement what they're doing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 6:38 PM

That's why if we start paying players for their likeness etc etc, teams in places like L.A. will have a huge advantage.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:30 PM

The players who ball out will make bushels in the big city, but those that fail will be ragged unmercifully. There are enough Tiger alums that can shell out any amount needed to be competitive. Clemson will be fine.

We may see may more pay for performance like The MIA rappers handled business in the 1980s. With full respect to Christian and the Power Rangers, those Cane thugs playing for Jimmy Johnson were the most vicious defense I’ve ever seen. They averaged ten plus penalties per game in the mid-80’s when all hits were legal, but their speed and violence was unstoppable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 7:59 PM

The way to make even for teams would be to cut back on scholarships, and teams wouldn't be able to waste scholarships for well known friends, especially for the ones that would never play a meaningful down in college FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 6:39 PM

The way of the future I guess. The student athlete model that we know is will be gone. I am wondering if the athletes will be given line item bills for tuition and expenses.

So it's not about the program, the culture, the education or

Jan 7, 2021, 6:46 PM

even a winning tradition.

For him, it boiled down to a school that convinced him they could help him "get paid" before he bolts for the NFL.

So does SoCal put on this dog and pony show for all recruits or just the high profile guys.

This marks the beginning of the end of collegiate athletics as we know it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So it's not about the program, the culture, the education or

Jan 7, 2021, 7:04 PM

The beginning of the end was big tv deals and coaches making huge amounts. Don’t put this on the players.

Re: So it's not about the program, the culture, the education or

Jan 7, 2021, 8:29 PM [ in reply to So it's not about the program, the culture, the education or ]

That’s what I said when I posted this last week. This is the poster child. This is the shining example of everything that is wrong with these new changes. Because this is what’s gonna start happening.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:38 PM

Isn't that the guy who sells those cheap grills?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 7:38 PM

He lost my interest at, "Foreman had made clear that developing his personal brand was important to his decision."

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 7, 2021, 7:45 PM

Corey Foreman wasn't Clemson material the moment his word became no good, and he decommitted from the best university he could have went for playing FB. But Dabo expects more than a FB player, he expect a young man that is excited about being a honest well rounded young men that knows the meaning of being all in, and Corey Foreman failed that expectation miserably when he proved that his word wasn't any good, and he wasn't all in!!!

I wish him everything that he brings on himself. and I've always believe that a person is only as good as his/her word is, and his wasn't any good at all. It will always catch up to you when your word isn't any good when you needed it to be the most!!!!

Yup***

Jan 7, 2021, 8:08 PM

Jan 7, 2021, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Korey foreman ]

Totally agree and bump for everyone. Wish I could give you more.

I agree with you AO52, how can you ever trust someone again that gave you their word.

I hope I speak for everyone here in saying that we are so fortunate and blessed to have people like Dabo and his staff. God I'm so proud he doesn't cave to the media and sticks to his principles.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Korey foreman ]

So does that apply to Nathaniel Wiggins who signed with us after decommittimg from LSU?

Jan 7, 2021, 8:28 PM

I posted that last week. Basically USC has been falling apart and their program is in really bad shape and the only reason that coaching staff probably kept their job was because it would be dumb to fire them and try and replace them doing everything going on with Covid. Covid probably bought that staff another year. And they have been forgotten this year because of all the West Coast lockdowns. But again that program was already an afterthought. They needed to make a big splash. Losing the number one recruit in the country from your backyard to a team like Clemson or Alabama would’ve been another epic blow to that program at that coaching staff. So they sold out 100% to get him to make a media splash and to get some attention. They restructured their entire staff and changed their scheme just for him. And they are going to make him the king of Hollywood as he said. They needed something positive and needed to hit a homerun they needed some attention so they sold out to get that one guy.

They gave him a sales pitch on opening OnlyFans account

Jan 7, 2021, 8:57 PM

Lots of thirsty folks out there making/spending money

Jan 8, 2021, 12:03 AM

So what happens when a star player is making more money than his position coach and doesn’t really feel like going hard in practices or games? Not a whole lot of leverage for motivation.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic