Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant

Nov 13, 2017, 12:18 AM

I don't get why people questioning KB are called coots or bandwagon fans... yes we are winning games and our only loss came with him hurt, yes he is a good runner and is a key part of our offense (as it is designed), BUT he is average at best scrambling when the pocket breaks down. Watson was great at this and was able to move around the pocket and either pick up yards with his feet or make a throw on the run, Bryant looks more like Boyd did when receivers are covered and the pocket is breaking down.

Bryant will make a good throw here and there but a large majority of his accurate throws are arching/floating, the balls he puts zip on are over thrown 9/10 times (even short throws out the the flats). He only has 7 TDs all year and 5 interceptions and every game he has had at least 1-2 wide open TD opportunities the he either overthrew, under threw, or didn't throw at all for no apparent reason, and Sat was the most mind boggling yet. 17-0 lead in the 3rd quarter and Overton sprints right by his defender with a wide open field, the ball should have been thrown right away but that can be forgiven, what can't is him rolling out and setting his feet again only to hesitate again and tuck the ball for the sack. Hell he could have even checked down to TJ Chase and gotten the first down!

First opportunity:

Second opportunity (notice Chase in relationship to the marker):

I'm not sure what was going through his mind, given where he is looking he had to have seen Overton open from the beginning... either way this is a huge problem going forward, hes not accurate and seems very quick to tuck in run with no clear escape path.

I know I'll catch hell for saying it but I really wish Dabo would sit Kelly this weekend and let Hunter have a shot. It wouldn't do any harm, saves Kelly from risking injury gets a young guy valuable game time in case he is needed later on. BUT if Hunter plays great, and is making all of the passes Kelly struggles with, then I think you stick with Hunter or at least let them split time. I just don't see Kelly being getting us back to a Championship or even past Miami given what I've seen from his thus far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant

Nov 13, 2017, 12:22 AM

where do you think we would be without KB2......just look at what happened at Cuse game when he got hurt......oh by the way that is our ONLY loss of the season BECAUSE he could not play......Go Tigers!!!!

Nov 13, 2017, 12:33 AM

I think we are a better team with ETN, Hunter Johnson, and Tee Higgins in the game compared to our current starters.

If Bryant hadn't played a single down against Cuse I believe he would have won.

Nov 13, 2017, 12:54 AM

You should e-mail the Football Ops people and let them know what you've discovered . The improvements will show right away .
Who knows , maybe we could back our way into another ACC Championship with this pertinent insight you've delineated here tonite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LMAO...Point for you!***

Nov 13, 2017, 7:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

You should e-mail the Football Ops people and let them know what you've discovered . The improvements will show right away .
Who knows , maybe we could back our way into another ACC Championship with this pertinent insight you've delineated here tonite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Naturally. . Internet coaches are all undefeated***

Nov 13, 2017, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 13, 2017, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

smfh at some of you goobers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

"If Bryant hadn't played a single down against Cuse I believe he would have won."

Good lord.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

you haven't seen HJ enough to make that claim***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

Kelly Bryant has a sore ankle,

Nov 13, 2017, 12:26 AM

what part of that do you guys not get? It messes with the vertical location of his throws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant has a sore ankle,

Nov 13, 2017, 12:35 AM

Sure does run a lot on that sore ankle. Seems setting feet to throw a pass would be easier than planting a foot and running.

I get it.

Nov 13, 2017, 1:31 AM

You don't get it. I've explained the technical aspects of throwing several times. Read the previous explanations or remain ignorant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sure is easy to make the right reads with those views.

Nov 13, 2017, 12:54 AM

If only KB could use eagle vision while on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe that's what we planned to use the laptop for

Nov 13, 2017, 7:03 AM

until Doorin caught us.

Nov 13, 2017, 1:09 AM

You wont catch #### for saying that. Its a legit question, questions most of us ask before putting on orange colored glasses. We havent won without KB but we have a hard time winning without KB, if that makes any sense at all. Wide open WRs not like you just posted but all season long. Go back and watch us vs Louisville or VA tech. Games should have been put away way before we put those games away. Almost gives us a reason not to get mad at Cain for giving a half ### effort without DS chewing him up vs ncst. But when you look at KB and how he runs without making those passes, you have to give the kid some credit. We havent seen one of our QBs run like that since Woody. But even Woody threw a better deep ball. Coaches have a lot of film to look at if we want to make it back to the playoffs. A lot. The glaring WRs cant be overlooked, but neither can KB when he gets into a tough situation & how he runs. I love the effort gives KB every play, kid is really trying his best but Idk what to do. Im not Jeff or Tony but unless they want to wait until TL gets on campus, something needs to be done in the passing game to get us ACC & NC.

I think you meant to put a with instead of

Nov 13, 2017, 5:15 AM

Without in your second without of your confusing sentence about how you don’t like Kelly Bryant, making the sentence that you noted was confusing even more confusing.

Your an idiot! The one game he didn’t finish we lost! Our

Nov 13, 2017, 1:24 AM

Coaches know what they’re doing!

You're*

Nov 13, 2017, 2:26 AM

If you're going to call someone an idiot at least use proper grammar

Who cares about using queens English we kicked those limeys out 250 years ago***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:43 AM

^^^^THIS^^^^

Nov 13, 2017, 12:07 PM [ in reply to You're* ]

Come on man!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 2:44 AM

Cover 4 and every safety is 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. If that doesn't tell anybody everything you need to know stop posting about college football. I was ok with not throwing the post in real time but how do you let the defender peel off Chase and sack you. Worst case of deer in the headlights I have ever seen.

Nov 13, 2017, 3:54 AM

I swear, just when you think, nevermind. There are always "those fans" who think they know more than the coaches. "Winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant". In not going to call you a coot. Even a coot ain't that stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 4:33 AM

I'm not questioning KB.He is our quarterback.However, I cringe every time
I see him drop back to pass.It's like a crapshoot; either he overthrows the ball, or he throws it to the wrong guy.And what is it with these bubble screens? Did we rehire Rob Spence, and nobody told me?
But the biggest problem I have is our offense in general just can't seem to put a team away early.
Maybe both UGA and Notre Dame were overhyped, but both Auburn, and Miami had these games won by the end of the third, while we let a depleted FSU make a game of it.
Sure our defense gave up two touchdowns, but we also fumbled the ball away twice inside the 5.
I don't know if we could beat either Miami, or Auburn in a shootout if we played them this weekend.
But right now I am not comfortable with how our offense can't seem to put the other team away "EARLY".

Nov 13, 2017, 5:53 AM

The offensive play calling goes stale in the 3rd quarter, and it's not KB's fault. Look to the ones calling the plays. We don't attack coming out of the half. We play not to lose. Course, this is just my opinion. Too many want to blame KB for being who he is. A runner, and controlling the offense and running the plays that are called. Do you think he is the one calling the tunnel screen? THere is no blame. It's football. Clemson plays to win, they don't play to please a certain faction of the fan base.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree with you. We are winning because of KB. It’s a team sport

Nov 13, 2017, 5:06 AM

You can’t blame KB for blown D coverage, dropped passes, injures and some coaching mistakes. KB was not responsible for a D that played sluggish at Syracuse or fumbles by RB’s or great plays made by opponents. IMO we have played a pretty tuff schedule. Most if not all of the teams we have played have been or now ranked. Even the Citadel was ranked for several weeks. We beat Auburn who kicked UGA up and down the field Saturday.

It’s easy for a fan aka “arm chair QB” to point out KB’s as well as other players mistakes after watching the play several times on replay. But have you ever played QB and had to make snap decisions with Big D lineman trying to rip your head off. Have you even played HS or College Football or have you ever coached at the HS / College level???

It’s so easy to criticize our coaches and players and point out their mistakes after the fact. Many fans slam the Tigers each week after each game while hiding behind a screen names.

We are young 9-1 Tiger team still in the hunt for a 3rd straight ACC title and a 3rd consecutive NC appearance, a 7th consecutive 10 plus win season as well as a possible 2nd consecutive NC. What else could we as fans could we ask for.

These are young kids 18,19 and early 20’s dealing with game pressure week after week, while attending classes, working out and going through practice and dealing with day to day problems we all have. I think fans should Cut KB, the coaches and players some slack and appreciate their accomplishments to date. In fact if you are a Tiger fan you should be grateful. You could have been born into and raised a delusional coot fan!

Re: I disagree with you. We are winning because of KB. It’s a team sport

Nov 13, 2017, 5:55 AM

Shhhhhhh, if you aren't calling out KB for not being DW reincarnated, you're just not football smart.

Kelly Bryant is the same guy he has been since at Clemson

Nov 13, 2017, 6:38 AM

Great runner... and I mean great.
Not so much passer
Pocket presence-so so.

Fantastic effort, giving all he has. Every time he steps on the field I will support him and realize that he is who he is.

Why this is now such a surprise to some folks amazes me.

Nov 13, 2017, 7:20 AM

Good but not great defense and run game has us where we are. Going forward Kelly needs to hit enough down field to get 8 men out the box.

Nov 13, 2017, 7:51 AM

Both UF and now Tennessee have open coaching positions..***

Nov 13, 2017, 7:55 AM

Nov 13, 2017, 8:36 AM

I didn't understand why he didn't attempt that play. No downside to an incomplete or even an interception (like a punt), and much better than a sack. I think plays like this are what CDS means when he says we need to make the layups.

But still, we are winning because Kelly has been making plays -- lots of great plays with his feet and just enough plays with his arm. There have been drops that haven't helped his cause, too.

More often than not, we have an offense that seems to rise to the occasion. I'm more worried about our D getting healthy for the stretch run. I like our chances with a healthy D and a KB playing to his ability.

Nov 13, 2017, 8:49 AM

Alright, first I believe that Kelly does have a throwing problem thanks to his ankle injury. He got in the habit of throwing off his back foot which makes a ball float high, but that is correctable, Rodney Williams developed the same problem his junior year. and it was fixed. Now, to your pictures. FSU is in a nickel deep zone with safeties high, Clemson is running an inside mesh designed to get Cain open underneath. Overton is less open than he appears to because the safety on the bottom hash is still capable of sneaking inside on the play. Cain is open but the throwing Lane is blocked, Feaster is open but again, blocked throwing lane. Picture two is actually earlier than picture one in time on the play and his first read appears to be Feaster but the throwing lane isn't open. Picture three, this is where Deshaun spoiled us, Overton is open but few quarterbacks can make that crossing throw on a deep from throw from the numbers, Watson could, 95% can't. Four, Chase isn't as open as you think, there is a corner behind him and a linebacker confining the lane, if Kelly has one more second(he doesn't) he can lead Chase to the outside to the marker and throw a dart(soft pass and the corner will jump the route for a possible pick-six), and with the rusher immediately behind him, he is not going to have time. The point is that we were spoiled by having one of the best ever to play college football, and Kelly is good QB who knows his limitations.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:07 AM

It is unfair to compare KB to DW, as the are two completely different people. Some things that I notice about KB as he gets set he does not use his eyes to completely gain a panoramic view of the coverages. He also seems to have a limited ability to see the hot receiver. Having said that he is a gutty hard nosed player who I think is probably playing as good as he can. The coaches have made their decision, I will accept a win any way we can get one. As the old saying goes a ugly win is better than a pretty loss!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

please learn how to make paragraphs...

I agree with your post but #### walls of text are hard to read.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:15 AM

Sorry, I didn't realize TNET was a forum for English Majors, I will try to do better next time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

07 was responding to walrus, in case you did not know.***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:18 AM

Nov 13, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

Cool while working on that also please work on understanding how to read the board.

I wasn't even replying to you.

Nov 13, 2017, 10:16 AM

I guess I'm supposed to read your mind? Be more specific as to whom you are replying to. That way I won't have to waste my time responding.

No, but maybe check which view you're using because clearly

Nov 13, 2017, 10:30 AM

07 REPLY'd to walrus. It's not about reading minds, it's about reading the board properly, something that seems to have escaped you or your view.

Check under board settings, there are several views which might help clear this up for you.

Good luck.

Re: No, but maybe check which view you're using because clearly

Nov 13, 2017, 10:40 AM

Holy hell thank you DSP.

I love how he thinks I am supposed to hold his hand so he can follow along.

Re: No, but maybe check which view you're using because clearly

Nov 13, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to No, but maybe check which view you're using because clearly ]

Well. do tell, feed me grits and watch me grow. I am honored to be in the presence of a sexual intellect such as you.

That's nice, but not necessary and neither is thank you...

Nov 13, 2017, 10:45 AM

I'm here to help.

Nov 13, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

I shouldn't have to hold your hand the board isn't that hard to figure out.

Maybe just maybe you should own up to your mistake instead of replying like more of a jack ###.

See how our replies are lined up... That means that I wasn't talking to you.

Nov 13, 2017, 10:51 AM

Woe is me! Woe is me! The rag don't like nobody standing up to them!!

Nov 13, 2017, 10:59 AM

lol in what way are you standing up to someone by being 1000% wrong...

You poor little white knight.

Thank you for sticking up for me.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

But please stop fighting. I did not mean to cause two T-Net friends to fight.

Sigh, he's not sticking up for you. He "thought" 07's

Nov 13, 2017, 11:27 AM

comment was directed at him and not necessarily you alone.

Walrus, you made a great post, one I enjoyed, but gunstock has taken exception to something not directed at him and 2 people, myself included, have tried to help him understand that it was not.

You can't help some people.

Re: Sigh, he's not sticking up for you. He "thought" 07's

Nov 13, 2017, 11:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

OMG LOL @ DSP with patience for the challenged.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Sigh, he's not sticking up for you. He "thought" 07's ]

@_@

#Challenged

Haha, it's Monday and I've spent my patience for the week.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:43 AM

still shaking it...

Oh, and happy we're 9-1 week HBIC!

Re: Thank you for sticking up for me.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Thank you for sticking up for me. ]

He isnt sticking up for you he is simply trying to stick up for himself on something that he is 1000% wrong.

FWIW your post was spot on just its hard to read walls of text. Throw an enter in there somewhere :)

have a nice day though.

I apologize. Looking back I see what you mean.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE Kelly Bryant ]

I will try to do better in the future. Please stop arguing over my mistake.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:16 AM

Send this to Dabo

Re: LOL, we're 9-0 when he's healthy and you think there's

Nov 13, 2017, 9:20 AM

no correlation there? Just SMH

Screw Calford.

I am enjoying this season despite your whining.***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

you're clueless, he definitely does not look to run on pass plays...

Nov 13, 2017, 9:40 AM

Actually he has turned down opportunities to run while still looking for an open WR. We are 9-0 in games in which KB has played both halves. You sir do not know a thing about football

Its crazy

Nov 13, 2017, 11:05 AM

How many people are so soft on this forum when your point out factual info that doesnt lean towards their view. Its like reading cnn. Appreciate your post. Thumbs up sir.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:30 AM

Oh no one play he made a mistake. Bench him.

Nov 13, 2017, 12:00 PM

Having Watson spoiled everybody. And having 3 NFL receivers all on the field at the same time during Boyd's tenure spoiled us as well. Out of 120+ starting QBs in FBS every season, maybe 5-10 go on to have successful NFL careers. After having a generational talent for 2+ seasons, we've now come back around to having one of "the rest." Bryant's a great runner and an OK passer that needs large openings and an off=balance defense to have passing success. And the OCs aren't doing him any favors by largely having 4 plays to run after getting a lead; dive up the middle on 1st, read option on 2nd, out route to Renfrow or tunnel screen on 3rd and long. When the defense knows what you're going to do, a guy with Bryant's skill set is going to struggle.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic