Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saying it again (from great source)..OHst will play FB come November.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Saying it again (from great source)..OHst will play FB come November.

Aug 30, 2020, 10:34 AM

Heard it directly from well informed ex-Buckie player close to the administration & athletic dept.

Was eating seafood next to to him & wife last Thursday at Hudson’s Seafood in Hilton Head out on deck and when he mentioned they were visiting from Columbus..

I told him I was a Tiger & my little Whaler Jet Boat slipped below us had a PAW Flag on its bow..

We took off talking football and b/4 I left he slung the playing in November thing on me since it had leaked out that very day to him.

Funny, he asked me when I left to run my boat towards him on dock with flag flying in breeze so he could video it & send back to Buckeye friends.

PS: Read 3 days later (today on SUN Aug 30 that their QB Justin Fields was at a UGa football practice, watching!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saying it again..OHst will play FB come November.

Aug 30, 2020, 10:38 AM

I think that may be wishful thinking on his part. Even if they are willing to play, who will they play? They certainly won’t get a pass into CFP without playing a season for simply being THE Ohio State.. I suppose they could have some meaningless scrimmages?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 3:55 PM

Their intramural squads are strong.

Before then

Aug 30, 2020, 10:42 AM

decision will be made this week ~~

Aug 30, 2020, 10:44 AM

I think it is just a ploy to calm the disgruntled masses. And if they do to what end? Too late for CFP. Saw a football parent interview saying they signed LOI committing to the big10 not Oh St. I dont think it is true but also I think it is a damning that will be used against them. I suspect if they dont do something though some of their recruits will go elsewhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 11:03 AM

I am much more concerned with the Tigers playing in November than I am the buckeyes playing anytime. We need to concentrate on the Clemson Tigers and their health and well being not some wannabes up north! Go Tigers

Aug 30, 2020, 11:41 AM

Wanna plays not wanna bes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Saying it again..OHst will play FB come November. ]

It takes a unified community to get through moments like this.

Re: Saying it again (from great source)..OHst will play FB come November.

Aug 30, 2020, 11:24 AM

Who cares about the lowly bucknuts.

Aug 30, 2020, 11:30 AM

I wonder if they are trying to take a shortcut to the CFP. Play 3-4 games before the CFP and lobby to delay the playoffs. "How can you have a playoff and leave out a top ranked team."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Exactly!

Aug 30, 2020, 11:40 AM

Good call vanwirtp.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Saying it again (from great source)..OHst will play FB come November. ]

probably but it wont work

Aug 30, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Saying it again (from great source)..OHst will play FB come November. ]

My thoughts exactly

Aug 30, 2020, 12:02 PM

There's no point in it. They won't be in the CFP starting that late.

Aug 30, 2020, 4:29 PM

Logic and common sense would agree with you but remember the CFP committee is made up of 13 members, 7 of which are ADs, and 4 of those from schools playing in the fall. Hancock has already said its too early to say how they will handle the schools not starring in the fall. CFP is just like everything else these days. It will come down to some contentious decision that tries to placate everyone in the end.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol @ Justin Fields watching Georgia practice.

Aug 30, 2020, 12:10 PM

Oh what might have been if you were loyal and patient son.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 6:09 PM

Against who? It seems they would need most of their conference to tag along.

Who are they planning to play in November?

Aug 30, 2020, 6:23 PM

Or do they feel they can skip ahead to the playoffs because, well you know, The Ohio State.
The mere mention of that juggernaut strikes fear in school girls all around Japan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's true. I was in Boston this afternoon and decided to have an early

Aug 30, 2020, 8:44 PM

dinner at Menton while my crew tidied up a little sailboat I just got at a great deal. (It's a used Oyster 885, but the seller agreed to deliver from Barcelona). I was not in the best of moods, as young Hamilton was being unusually picky over his plate of Seared Foie Gras. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a familiar voice from a couple of tables over... none other than my old friend Kristina Johnson. She is literally only a week into her new job as President of OSU, and wasn't as chatty as usual, but when I inquired about Buckeye football this season... well, let's just say I could tell by the twinkle in her eye.

I've said too much. I should probably just delete this post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I was at the Very Large Array a few days ago.......

Aug 30, 2020, 10:10 PM

...in New Mexico having dinner with Sean Carroll, Kip Thorne and Lawrence Krauss out on the deck underneath one of the big radio telescopes when I looked over and saw Chase Young staring at my Corvette with had a large Tiger Paw emblazoned on the hood. Bored with talk of theoretical particle physics, I went over and introduced myself (he already knew who I was) and that's when Young said that not only did OSU really beat Clemson last time they played, but that the Big 10 would play football this year...

I don't believe it.

Aug 30, 2020, 9:06 PM

he wasn't visiting. He daggum lives here!

You talked to someone from Ohio out on Hilton Head?

Aug 31, 2020, 9:30 AM

Shocking.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic