Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson jersey that the team will present to President Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Clemson jersey that the team will present to President Trump

Jun 12, 2017, 10:20 AM

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0665921461709446409-4

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson jersey that the team will present to President Trump

Jun 12, 2017, 10:22 AM

I liked how they all signed their names in Russian. Very clever. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump Juan,

Jun 12, 2017, 10:25 AM

could that be a jab at cankles?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I wish the jersey said

Jun 12, 2017, 11:37 AM

Clemson 1 instead of Trump 1. I know this is a non-political event, but it is getting pretty close to political when the jersey says Trump 1. I just hope that gets as little pub as possible because people not as close to the situation will take it way out of context. I am sure the majority of the recruit families are not Trump supporters and I just hope this does minimal recruiting damage.

I was fine with a photo op to show up and shake hands and smile. I'm fine with the President holding up a jersey that says Clemson 1. After all, that is who is supposed to be honored today, the Clemson football team that finished number 1. He should be honoring our team. Our team should not be there to honor him and that is what that jersey is doing. Why not just a Clemson 1 like the 1981 team did. Whoever decided that they should take a jersey that says Trump 1 had a very bad idea.

That will be plastered on all pics. Clemson football team holding up a jersey that says Trump 1.

Before you all jump all over me. Think about how different you would feel about the following two scenarios. And they are very different scenarios.

1. The team shows up at the White House so President Obama can honor them as the national champion. They shake hands and have pictures made. The President holds up a jersey that says Clemson 1.

2. The team shows up at the White House so President Obama can honor them as the national champion. They shake hands and have pictures made. The President holds up a jersey that says Obama 1.

The latter looks an awful lot like a political endorsement and like the Clemson team is honoring the President instead of the President honoring the Clemson team.

I am glad the team is being honored today by President Trump, and would love to see a Clemson 1 jersey, but I am sick about the Trump 1 jersey and I would say that no matter who the president is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish the jersey said

Jun 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

Step away from the ledge my friend. Talk about over analyzing something.

null

I sincerely hope you are right. THe Trump 1 jersey has the

Jun 12, 2017, 11:41 AM

potential to be a big deal.

I'm not a coot, but you have an excellent point. Coots and

Jun 12, 2017, 11:47 AM

any other recruiting opponent will definitely use a picture of Clemson holding up a Trump 1 jersey whenever convenient. It just makes no sense. The President should be holding up a Clemson 1 jersey, or simply a Clemson jersey. Clemson taking a Trump 1 jersey is a very bad idea.

I know the regular news people aren't even going to know about the event, but the sports world news people will be all over it.

Re: I'm not a coot, but you have an excellent point. Coots and

Jun 12, 2017, 11:48 AM

Yes they are going to use a Jersey that exists for the sole purpose to show we won the National Title as recruiting ammo AGAINST us...

Holy hell you cant be serious.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

It will be used against them in recruiting. Old pics and

Jun 12, 2017, 11:58 AM

anything on the internet can always be brought back up and used against someone. You should know a little bit about that practice. But I think I have a handle on that now and for the future. And there is no need to curse.

Re: It will be used against them in recruiting. Old pics and

Jun 12, 2017, 12:09 PM

SMH

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

You're right, it would be a huge scandal to present such a

Jun 12, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to I'm not a coot, but you have an excellent point. Coots and ]

Oh wait

Clemson

That wasn't contrary to recruiting. Trust me, Trump 1 is.***

Jun 12, 2017, 11:55 AM

Why? What is the different, exactly?***

Jun 12, 2017, 11:56 AM

Clemson

Ok, you asked. First of all, nothing is one hundred percent

Jun 12, 2017, 12:07 PM

and nobody should be painted with a broad brush and generalized. Therefore, this does not apply to everyone. Most, not all, of our wonderful recruits are minorities. Most, not all, minorities do not think highly of Trump or his policies. It is not a good look to be standing there with a Trump 1 Clemson jersey. A Clemson 1 jersey would be fine while meeting the President. It's as simple as that.

It will not get an ounce of coverage in the hard news world, but on sports channels and sports web sites, the image will seen over and over. Even if Clemson wants to use the pic in future media guides, etc. it would be perceived much differently to say Trump 1 as opposed to Clemson 1.

Just sayin. It appears the ship has set sail. Let's hope for the best. We may not know the answer for months, even years to come. Clemson may not even be able to use the pic to the most advantageous because of Trump 1 instead of Clemson 1.

Are you assuming one's political stance and socio-economic status?

Jun 12, 2017, 12:11 PM

What a bigot you must be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I said most, not all. And those are demographic numbers

Jun 12, 2017, 1:02 PM

that are gathered by many news agencies in looking at probable political support for both parties. How do you get bigot from that? Nice try.

So, his name being on it is a big deal

Jun 12, 2017, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Ok, you asked. First of all, nothing is one hundred percent ]

Despite that fact that he will be holding the jersey, no matter what it said. Bucking the trend that previous teams have done, PLUS the trend that jerseys at the FBS level have of putting names on the back of the person they are meant for....that's better?

Clemson

One is left wing the other is right wing.***

Jun 12, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Why? What is the different, exactly?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really need to take a step back.

Jun 12, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to That wasn't contrary to recruiting. Trust me, Trump 1 is.*** ]

Your liberal agenda is hindering your common sense.

Since Alabama is predominantly a red state

Jun 12, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to I'm not a coot, but you have an excellent point. Coots and ]

I'm sure Auburn took this and ran with it. How will Bama ever recover recruiting wise?

Re: I'm not a coot, but you have an excellent point. Coots and

Jun 12, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I'm not a coot, but you have an excellent point. Coots and ]

The way you replied to yourself here leads me to believe that you meant to log in under a different username

Re: I wish the jersey said

Jun 12, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I wish the jersey said ]

drop the charade coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've got this twisted

Jun 12, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I wish the jersey said ]

That is a CLEMSON jersey with the number 1 on it. (you know, because we finished #1) They are presenting it TO Trump so they put his name on the back of it.
I don't get the confusion?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Understood, but whenever we show pictures of this event, it

Jun 12, 2017, 11:55 AM

will always say Trump 1. It will not be good for recruiting. Better to show a picture of being with whoever the president is and holding up a jersey that says Clemson 1.

It's the president of the United States.

Jun 12, 2017, 12:07 PM

If a recruit has an issue with Clemson (after winning the National Championship) presenting the sitting POTUS a jersey with their name on it (just like previous teams have done), then I would say that recruit has some issues they need to work out.

The 1981 Clemson team presented the president with a Clemson

Jun 12, 2017, 12:08 PM

jersey that said Clemson #1. That is the way it should be done.

Re: The 1981 Clemson team presented the president with a Clemson

Guess what little snowflake things have changed in the last 30 something years. Teams have been putting the POTUS name on the back of the Jersey for the past several years.

That was a tshirt.

Jun 12, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to The 1981 Clemson team presented the president with a Clemson ]

Swing and a miss.

Re: You've got this twisted

Jun 12, 2017, 11:58 AM [ in reply to You've got this twisted ]

Exactly. WOW. I definitely need to look into this more. Maybe we shouldn't even have gone to the White House to be honored. That could be like umm that we ummm support the President and everything he does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was this too political?

Jun 12, 2017, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I wish the jersey said ]

Who ####### cares?

That is a lot different than Obama 1.***

Jun 12, 2017, 12:10 PM

Re: That is a lot different than Obama 1.***

#### already you are just making a fool out of yourself.

With our history, I'm surprised you are replying to any of

Jun 12, 2017, 12:26 PM

my posts, good or bad. After our t-mail exchanges initiated by you, I would think you would want to avoid any further post exchanges with me. You have even posted some positive replies to my post and I found it stunning that you would have an interaction with me at all on here.

So, to be clear, I have not called anyone names or cursed at anyone on here like you have this morning. I simply expressed a concern. The construction business must be pretty slow for you to be on here calling names and cursing. Like Ronald Reagan said, "here we go again".

Re: With our history, I'm surprised you are replying to any of

Jun 12, 2017, 12:40 PM

Dude I dont care about "history" on a website. I reply to things I feel like replying to simple as that. When I see you spewing anti Clemson stupidity on the board YET again I reply to it. I have also replied to other threads of yours with positive replies. Magically you dont get upset with those.

I dont feel the need to avoid anyone on here. You have called people names in the past and have insulted me on numerous occasions so get off your high horse. Not to mention you continue to try and bring RL #### into a message board which opens up a whole different can of worms and is much worse than anything I have ever done to you on here.

I am sorry for posting a picture of you saying that you no longer cared of Clemson ceased to exist. I am sorry for posting a direct C&P of your own words.

Show me a post in which I have called you a name or cursed

Jun 12, 2017, 12:51 PM

you. I said everything I needed to say to you in a t-mail reply to your t-mail. In that, I addressed everything you stated in your t-mail apology when you were begging me to bury the hatchet that only you were carrying for three years! You were the only aggressor throughout the entire situation. I made a dumb post, that had nothing to do with you by the way, and you were the only member of Tigernet that would have no desire to accept my regret about that and move on. There is something in only your character that made you want to beat that drum for three years. But I would just rather repost the whole t-mail exhchange on here than sit here and retype it.

Oh right, because *all* of Clemson's recruits

Jun 12, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to That is a lot different than Obama 1.*** ]

supported Obama and *none* support the current office holder. Makes sense. I'll bet we lose a few verbals after today's blunder. /s I am quite the conservative but if given the opportunity to meet a sitting president I would be first in line, regardless of their political orientation. I would have been proud as hell had Obama been presented a Clemson jersey last year.

Message removed by Author

Jun 12, 2017, 12:17 PM

Message removed by Author

Yes, that post has been explained and I admitted how

Jun 12, 2017, 12:45 PM

dumb it was to think of cutting ties to Clemson for any reason. As we discussed in t-mails, what is the bigger story there? An alum that is 54 and regretted making a dumb post and admitted as much, or an Alum that is 32 and continued to repost and harass because of it. A grown alum with grown up responsibilities taking the time to search out my posts, positive or concerns, during work hour and night to repost my post from 3 years ago. I though once you realized we lived in the same community and knew many of the same people, reality would set in and you would grow up a little.

But here you are today Mr. H., replyng to a post of mine that you don't like. That is all well and good. Then you stoop to name-calling and cursing. I guess that is normal for you so oh well, its a sport site. But you just cant help it and you have to back to that post from 2014 and use that. No matter that my post today was simply expressing a concern for the well-being of Clemson.

Disagree on anything you like, sports, politics, etc. But when you continue to harass and use a post from years ago to put down any post that a person makes really speaks to character issues. You made it personal between us on here for over three years. As mush as I continued to try and avoid you. I have actually not replied to a single post of yours except when you have replied to mine in a negative manner. And even then I tried to give a legit reply until you have to go back down that road. I never even replied to positive replies to you after our t-mail exchange. I was just stunned that you would reply at all.

It also speaks to character issues that someone can be on the computer cursing, name calling and harassment from three years ago, with all the construction business going on in the low-country.

Thanks***

Jun 12, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Re: Thanks***

Jun 12, 2017, 12:59 PM

?

Re: Thanks***

Jun 12, 2017, 1:04 PM

?

You really need to reread my above post. I made a point of

Jun 12, 2017, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Oh right, because *all* of Clemson's recruits ]

stating twice that not everyone should be painted with a broad brush and that "most, not all". And that meeting any president for a photo op with a pic was fine. It is different to have Trump 1. I don't have time to retype the entire post, but you need to try and read it slowly.

Why should this President be treated any differently than

Jun 12, 2017, 12:32 PM

all the others? Shouldn't all be treated the same, regardless or race, gender, or political stance?

Clemson

Trump 45 would be a lot better than Trump 1. Someone on

Jun 12, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Was this too political? ]

Clemson's end should have gone the way Ohio State did there. I know Saban and Bama had an Obama 1 shirt, but it would have been better to say Obama 44. Either way, Trump is more negative impact recruiting than Obama and we all know why. If you don't check out my above post.

Clemson recruits more mature people than you apparently

Jun 12, 2017, 12:55 PM

How many players opted out today? NONE that have been reported. I bet every one of our recruits would have gone had they legally been able to go also.

Meanwhile, you seem to be the lone person on here in need of therapy over this wonderful event.

Re: Clemson recruits more mature people than you apparently

Jun 12, 2017, 1:13 PM

Why would we not give him an orange jersey? It's our home jersey, Clemson's color... maybe too many jokes would be made about Trump and his orange skin tone and the orange jersey...

If we lose a recruit because Clemson gave a shirt to Trump

Jun 12, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I wish the jersey said ]

that had his name on it - we don't want that recruit! That little snowflake would melt in the SC sun...

sad day

Jun 12, 2017, 1:13 PM

https://www.facebook.com/100010902512781/videos/401746443532103/?hc_location=ufi

Re: sad day

Jun 12, 2017, 1:15 PM

I am sorry that you think it is a sad day to see a Clemson team recognized for their accomplishments.

Re: Has Tiger Net got this low?***

Jun 12, 2017, 1:27 PM [ in reply to sad day ]

Coots are gonna coot, you know

Jun 12, 2017, 1:40 PM

you gotta believe it's a really sad day for them. This Clucker is doing what he can to get through it by posting ugly videos.

Jun 12, 2017, 1:16 PM

Just heard we are giving an orange jersey to his son, Barron. Makes me feel better, I thought the white jersey was odd...

Jun 12, 2017, 1:24 PM

Any time a CLEMSON jersey is worn by the president of the US it's a great day .
CLEMSON Tigers on top of the football world today .
Go Tigers!

Jun 12, 2017, 2:04 PM

No kidding, right!?

This thread illustrates that some of our brethren always put themselves (and their political leanings and views) above the greater good -

Wow - I am so disappointed in some of the posts here ... just wow.

Go Tigers! And hope the team enjoys their visit to the WH!

Jun 12, 2017, 2:07 PM

Dabo is KGB everyone should where Pu$$y hats to all games this season. That'll show them!!!

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic