Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 1, 2021, 7:49 AM

Friday night. Just chilled at the house.

Saturday, off to NC for some February birthday celebration. I hadn't seem the old man since mid December and hadn't seen the step-sister and her brood since July. It was a nice time.

Sunday, went to the Oconee Station for a nice hike. Then home to rip the stump of a russian olive out of the ground.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won in hoops but I didn't die.

Mar 1, 2021, 7:53 AM

Sattidy led the Adopt A Highway pickup. 50 bags from Lakeside Lodge to the Food Lion. Sunday, watched golf.

8/10 cuz we went to Tipsy Taco after the pickup...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Meh

Mar 1, 2021, 7:54 AM

Fri - CFA and Movie night (Ice Age)

Sat - Worked 8 hours, did get to spend a little time outside with fam, picked up bbq for dinner

Sun - Work 6 hours, got them last 2 hours outside with fam.

Purchased a couple interesting items....1) a bidet 2) small 23ah lithium battery to run my fishing stuffs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine. Fine.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:04 AM

Fri - who knows? Too long ago.

Sat - Took daughter #2 to North Augusta to see daughter #1 play volleyball. Ate some food at Rio Cantina near the SRP ballpark. North Augusta has absolutely kicked Aiken's ass as far as development goes, but eff 'em. North Augusta still sucks. Drank some beers later that evening.

Sun - skipped golf with the brothers and decided to sleep in. Went to the Alley for a bit in the afternoon to enjoy the glorious weather. Ate at Wild Wing.

SSDD

8.2/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Pretty good and productive

Mar 1, 2021, 8:05 AM

Friday: Went to Lowe's to procure some pegboard, cleared off the wall I was working on in the garage, then relaxed and watched TV with krzywife.

Saturday: Installed all the furring strips for the pegboard. We paid a landscaping company to remove 4 crepe myrtles, a big bush thing, and 3 smaller prickly bushes - we thought we overpaid but they had 4 dudes out there working their arses off for 4 hours so that was money well spent. Krzywife and I then went and played disc golf with another couple, then went to a brewery and had Venezuelan food truck food. Then got home, I put up one board of the pegboard, showered, and we went to a cul-de-sac hangout with a group of friends. Works out well, 6 couples, they pull a fire ring out into their cul-de-sac, we sit in camping chairs and hang out.

Sunday: Finished the pegboard installation, then we started organizing all the tools and hanging them. Installed 2x4s for the bigger tools, although I liked tdrake®'s setup in his new shed, where'd you get those clips on the 2x4s? Then I did some work, and have a bunch to do this week. Garage is almost ready for the Tesla, which comes next Sunday and I am so excited.

Only negative was last night was so warm and we didn't turn the A/C on, we both slept like crap.

Garage Pegboard Wall:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Nice humblebrag

Mar 1, 2021, 8:10 AM

showing the piece of OSB sheathing. Talk about LDR.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't know what to do with those, lol.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:16 AM

Thought about screwing them to the wall, but maybe just send a message to friends with trucks that want some? clemsonrulez08®, you want 3 OSB boards?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll pass on the OSB, but thanks!***

Mar 1, 2021, 8:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Are you kidding? That stuff is as precious as bitcoins right

Mar 1, 2021, 8:25 AM [ in reply to We don't know what to do with those, lol. ]

now.

Probably could have traded it for your landscaping work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

^^^ This***

Mar 1, 2021, 8:26 AM

Re: Pretty good and productive

Mar 1, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Pretty good and productive ]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TEX002/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks good, but quick pro tip.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Pretty good and productive ]

If you hop in the time machine and go back to before you put all that stuff up, it would take about 2-3 hours to paint the garage before throwing the stuff up on the wall. I hope this is helpful. Jah bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Additionally......

Mar 1, 2021, 9:06 AM

you have the ceiling height to make a lift viable. I'm jealous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was going to say the same thing.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Looks good, but quick pro tip. ]

Thats a huge OCD pique for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having a painted garage? Psh, I'd rather have exposed studs

Mar 1, 2021, 9:42 AM

in the garage but later building codes require drywall unfortunately.

"someone say exposed studs?"---TXTF***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:46 AM

Exposed studs? Yuck

Mar 1, 2021, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Having a painted garage? Psh, I'd rather have exposed studs ]

Its a garage, not a shed.

My OCD was getting more of a flare-up from

Mar 1, 2021, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Was going to say the same thing. ]

that Black and Decker jigsaw amongst the sea of Dewalt.

I think you got enough shovels now***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Pretty good and productive ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I have a question about owning a surfboard...in Raleigh.

Mar 1, 2021, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Pretty good and productive ]

Why?

*cracks knuckles*

Mar 1, 2021, 12:24 PM

Sir, that is a paddleboard. I would think that living in a town that has a TON of paddleboarding yankees, you'd know that. But alas, the only thing that you ever think about is your rental cars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^***

Mar 1, 2021, 1:34 PM

Re: Pretty good and productive

Mar 1, 2021, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Pretty good and productive ]

Whoa-ho-ho-ho there, captain moneybags showing off with his 5 shovels.

Is that a pin in Somalia on the travel world map? Getting a model 3? I’m so torn between pulling the trigger on that or going for a cayenne to keep the suv thing going.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, the only extra one is the brown handled spade shovel

Mar 1, 2021, 1:34 PM

that I inherited whenever a friend left it at my house and then moved away!

Model Y Performance. Sunday cannot come soon enough.

went to Las Meras Tortas

Mar 1, 2021, 8:09 AM
meras.jpg(247.3 K)

near the big La Unica and got tacos, delicious

their salsa bar is amazing, not only a bunch of salsas, but whole pickled jalapenos, pickled onions, cactus, ... don't understand the macaroni

will go back and get a torta 10/10

Southernside Brewing Co has an awesome outdoor area, Tetrad is pretty cool, and Carolina Bauernhaus is good also, they had some good wings

Horizon records is still the ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad some other gringos go to that

Mar 1, 2021, 8:19 AM

place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoyed the weather

Mar 1, 2021, 8:14 AM

Went out and braved a restaurant for the first time in a while
Recommend the ribeye at Carter’s on Lake Bowen

Went at 4:00 so only 2 other tables occupied (I’m not crazy!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Not two shabby.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:22 AM

Friday, made pizza and drank beers, played some bass and watched some TV.

Saturday, coffee and took turns picking vinyl tospin with the Mrs. all morning. After lunch took the pup and met Joonyer with his pups at RH Mom's and let the dogs run some energy off while we watched Clemson basketball game. Back home and made a sandwich for supper and then off to MEDIUM volume acoustic jam. Wasn't bad, but it was one of those nights that we couldn't find the groove for some reason. Still had big fun.

Sunday, lazy morning the grocery run. Came home and gave the dog a bath and then let Mother Nature's blow dryer do the rest. Walked along the Lake and then down to the river for about 2 hours, then home to make lemon vodka cocktails because it seemed right for an 80 degree day. Mrs. Tig made freaking delicious sopes, watched The Day on the Tubi app(very good post-apocalyptic flick) then Walking Dead, then crashed.

18.25/19 Covids, deduction for Clemson baseball, which I did not watch either game.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday won a basketball game, finished undefeated and

Mar 1, 2021, 8:28 AM

closest game was 10 points in a league where we average about 25 points a game. The final game was against a really bad team that didn't score. It would be a little embarrassing if I wasn't such a cold heartless coach. I tried to get some of my girls some points but they weren't shooting good. Ate dinner to celebrate the end of basketball season and went home.

Saturday got up and cleaned the entire house before wife got out of bed, went to run and let the kids ride bikes then hit up Academy so the family could spend a gift card that I was gifted. I got nothing. Went to Target so the kids could spend the $10 they each got for Valentine's Day from my mom. Then went to Legal Remedy to sit outside and bask in the sunlight and eat. Decent meal, not worth what the total damage was when they brought the check, but 3 beers and tea and sprites were $30 before we even added in the food. Oh well...to the liquor store to grab a bottle of scotch. Lagavulin 16 has gone up in price, it was $116, so I grabbed the Bruichladdich Barley Islay 2011 for half the price. Took it home, went to Mom's house and drank some with brother and mom in the garage. They are both vaccinated so I felt OK doing that outside. Back home to try and sweet talk the wife which worked until the smelled the scotch on my breath. Oh well...

Up Sunday for an early run and bike ride then off to Concord for an appointment with a man about a vaccine. REI so wife can shop some more, Brixx Pizza to bask in the sunlight and eat, Academy so she can return some things, Target to switch out something, then home. Stopped at the Toyota Dealership to look at a 4Runner and that is discussed in another thread. Back to Mom's to see my Aunt who came over to visit outside in the sun. I have seen her 2-3 times since COVID so that was nice. Funny story, she is the last of 7 siblings and she went through a list of ways her brothers and sisters tried to kill her as a child such as scalding hot starch being poured on her and my uncle shooting her in the stomach with a shotgun. Ate leftover chili for dinner and tried to watch some TV, fell asleep.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad...

Mar 1, 2021, 8:28 AM

Friday...brought home Little Caesar's for family...so that sucked. Was sick last week (thought for sure I had the 'rona, but test was negative. Was tired as a result, so bed early.

Saturday...cooked a glorious breakfast spread on the griddle...bacon, homemade hashbrowns (meaning shredded potatoes and onions myself), real grits (not cooked on griddle) and eggs. Watched Tigers BB win. Then basketball team I coach won a nail-biter. Daughter-of shot at the wrong goal with under 1 min left and team up by 1 (so that was fun). Pushed the limits of Upward Basketball yelling at refs. Wife-of was now sick with what I had, so got kids some kind of fast food. Bed early again.

Sunday...took kids to IHOP for late breakfast. Hit grocery store. Made a kick #### Italian Wedding Soup for dinner. First time making it and will make again.

So...all-in-all a pretty boring and uneventful weekend.

Soup for dinner?

Mar 1, 2021, 8:40 AM

smdh

Well, it has meatballs in it!***

Mar 1, 2021, 8:43 AM

Three day weekend

Mar 1, 2021, 8:41 AM

Thursday: Got off of work and did the whole baby night time routine. Put her in the car instead of the crib and drove down to the beach. Had a drink and went to bed.

Friday: Bojangles for breakfast with the ladies and played with the doggo outside for a few minutes. Went bourbon hunting and grocery shopping while the little one was asleep during her morning nap. Got followed home by local police for some reason. Dude tailed me through the entire neighborhood, then stopped at the bottom of the driveway. Literally no one has ever committed a crime driving a Subaru, and he should have known my skin color by the car of choice. Lounged around the entire rest of the day. Had Mexican for dinner and a few corona lights. Those XXL burritos really set the mood for not having adult time

Saturday: Cooked eggs and cinnamon rolls and went on a four mile run during the morning nap. Took some pictures down at the beach and cracked a few cold ones. Thank GOD it was a Harry Potter weekend and we could have that on in the background all day long. THIS set the mood with Red and we did the adult stuff during the afternoon nap. Drank some bourbon and got pizza for dinner.

Sunday: Packed up the beach house and left at 8:30am. Got home in time to watch a boring attempt at soccer between United and Chelsea. Talked #### to my United friend the rest of the day because Ole blamed losing on the Chelsea website and Frank Lampard. Did some small painting touchups around the house while Red went to her sisters for kiddo play time. Cooked some grilled chicken to pair with salad for dinner. Attempted to do adult stuff again, but was turned away.

Girls be all "I'm tired, I just want to sleep, didn't we

Mar 1, 2021, 8:45 AM

just do this last week?"

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to put some sort of trigger warning on this post

Mar 1, 2021, 9:02 AM

Because #### that's exactly the line.

My man, less than 12 hours since my last rejection so it

Mar 1, 2021, 9:12 AM

is fresh on the brain.

I set the stage all day yesterday for back to back sexxx day

Mar 1, 2021, 9:19 AM

Just for her to be like, "I am so tired and I am worried about the babys cough so we can't"

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 1, 2021, 8:41 AM

It was great. I just did a lot of running and just enjoying beautiful days. Living life to the fullest.

It was ELITE

Mar 1, 2021, 8:46 AM

Friday: chilled and watched stubborn_tiger® give a masterclass on what you need to go to downtown Columbia to drink.

Saturday: had a match in Ft. Mill, so I headed out that way. I will tell you that I love driving. And so, highway 97 from Beaver Creek at Wateree to Great Falls is a winding two lane road with lots of elevation changes, and aside from the potholes, a pure joy to drive. attacking the apex of a curve to drop down immediately, moving up and down through the gearbox to find the right RPM. The whole experiences was probably better than the match, for me. Oh, Obed®, I wasn't very far from the velodrome.

No subs and we are playing a year up, but good overall experience. Headed back home, had a scrimmage for my school team. Weather was sublime, 81 degrees, sunny, had a great match, loads of fun. Broke my diet for a white trash af Little Caesars pizza.

Sunday: up, watched church, watch a lackluster Chelsea against ManU, messed around in the garage. Watched some TV. Come into work a bit but generally enjoyed the weather. I know this is the Fake Spring in SC, but soaked it all up.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'll give it 1.5 ELITES

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I would have known you were that close by.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:17 AM

I would have crafted a solid plan to not come watch soccer!

Yeah, but he was right by the Velodrome,

Mar 1, 2021, 9:30 AM

so it would have been a great excuse to shave your legs and parade around in Lycra cycling gear.

With some forethought, I could have planned my day around

Mar 1, 2021, 9:34 AM

not watching soccer AND cycling. Man, I feel like I wasted an entire weekend now.

Had a great 9.5 mile Saturday morning run.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:47 AM

Was averaging 8:15 minute miles for 6 miles. The Greeneway was a bit crowded with the nice weather so I picked up speed and started passing people. Ran the last 3.5 miles at around 7:30 minute miles, which is my max 5k speed. Felt really good, although I cut my run a bit short because I ran out of gas due to speed/heat.

Solid 7.65 mile trail run on Sunday. Was a bit warm towards the end. As a runner I'm not looking forward to the heat.

Finished the interior of my shed. Shelves, etc. Ready to move in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So So...

Mar 1, 2021, 9:05 AM

Ate lunch at Iron Hill Brewery in Gville Sat before going to Fluor Field for the coot game. Food was un remarkable and beer was just OK.
Nice afternoon at the baseball game cept we only have several guys who can actually hit the ball; the weird play at second base made no sense at all - calling our base runner out even though the batter took the fourth ball for a walk. Monte did not argue...
Built gate for the garden fence structure on Sun and also planted a couple new trees. Need more outdoor yard working weather to trim off about 8 lbs of winter fat....
Nice filets and wine for dinner last nite! 8/10.....

spent the weekend at a frands house

Mar 1, 2021, 9:12 AM

drove down Friday, partied all weekend. mostly just drunken shenanigans here and there. a little hungover still this morning but nothing too crazy.

buddies took me to their liquor store which had a nice selection of bourbons that I haven't seen around my house.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 1, 2021, 9:14 AM

Friday: worked up in the attic laying plywood flooring and cleaning out some junk

Saturday: worked in the morning, cleaned house, napped, watched golf, Mexican for dinner

Sunday: worked in the morning, went shopping for golf clothes and shoes, watched golf, worked some more in the afternoon, watched The Crown with ms midland

8/10

Stressful and not what I was expecting

Mar 1, 2021, 9:18 AM

went into the weekend looking to put a roof on the house and septic tank. Now we are looking to sell and buy another house.

Becoming Ineligible user® by the day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Probably a really good time to sell.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:20 AM

It seems there are more trucks than ever out there these days capable of towing a single wide away, I mean.

Buddy book is your real estate agent?***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Stressful and not what I was expecting ]

Yeah and thanks for the comment ### hole

Mar 1, 2021, 9:28 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My advice is get an agent that can take some

Mar 1, 2021, 10:22 AM

decent pictures, ### hole...;)

Real talk here. I feel like you may be

Mar 1, 2021, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Stressful and not what I was expecting ]

getting pressured into something that you don't think is a great idea.

WELCOME TO MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:27 AM

You can stop feeling and know

Mar 1, 2021, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Real talk here. I feel like you may be ]

I don't even like the house we are hoping to buy.

But I also hate having to drop so much money in the house we have now.

Let's discuss marketing......

Mar 1, 2021, 9:34 AM

How can we spin an open, non-functioning, partially collapsed septic field into a positive?

You mean the "Natural Lagoon?"***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:37 AM

Great point. Now it's a waterfront lot!***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:40 AM

Home has a unique waste disposal system that works the

Mar 1, 2021, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Let's discuss marketing...... ]

environment, but can also be converted back to a conventional septic system giving you lots of options!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:36 AM [ in reply to You can stop feeling and know ]

That whole Ozark Trails camping rig you bought from Big Lots for $99 is just sitting there going to waste, huh?

You have to dump money into all of them.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:40 AM [ in reply to You can stop feeling and know ]

None of them are maintenance free--even a rental, at least not a long term rental, at least for me.

Maybe this will make you feel better.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:12 AM [ in reply to You can stop feeling and know ]

After some discounts fell off on my insurance and the property was reappraised I got a nice bill for $1225. I can either bit the bullet and pay now or have my monthly payment shoot way up.

FINALLY, weather warm enough to get the boat out

Mar 1, 2021, 9:45 AM

Rode up to where they're building the new water park, that should invite beaucoup of trashy people. Hopefully we have a few more years until it's open.

It's becoming more difficult to not hate my dogs by the day. I think I can handle children or dogs, but I'm not sure how much longer I can do both. I am going to Office Linebacker the next animal or human that feels it must walk 0.5" in front of me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you going to the boat show at Clemson marina on Saturday?

Mar 1, 2021, 9:49 AM

Nah, going to be in Charleston

Mar 1, 2021, 9:53 AM

I assume it'll just be a few Veranda pontoons and Monterrey's. Are they opening the grill for the year?

yeah, supposedly having food***

Mar 1, 2021, 10:13 AM

I hope they up the grill game a little this year, food

Mar 1, 2021, 10:18 AM

quality seemed to be waning a bit last year. Wish they'd have live music like a lot of the other places on the lake are starting to offer.

Confusing.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:49 AM

I spent a larger than expected amount of time this weekend trying to get a rental car. I sold my truck last Thursday knowing I had absolutely nothing I had to do this weekend, and this week, that is until all of a sudden, I did have stuff to do. So I called Hertz Friday night, and Saturday AM they called and said they didn't have any cars. Wife of needs her car sporadically during the week, so I can't use that.

We drove to Murrells Inlet Sat and looked at a dump of a house, and then when I got home, made another reservation at Enterprise to pick up Sunday. Nope--on Sunday, they called ad said they didn't have any cars, either.

Finally made a reservation at Avis, and had to pay double and go to the airport to get it. They jacked up my reservation and it doesn't start until today, so I had to get another car for 24 hours so I could take mom of to the doc this morning. That took like 2 hours, and they didn't have any cars either, so they "upgraded" me into a Ram Rebel truck. Which is fine, but it doesn't have any side steps, and mom of won't be able to get in it, so now I have to carry a little ladder around in the bed for her. And I have to have it back at the airport at 2 to get my second rental car for 2 days. What a mess.

I use hotwire or priceline for car rentals. They show you

Mar 1, 2021, 9:54 AM

a bunch of options at multiple places, daily and actual rate.

I tried that.

Mar 1, 2021, 12:00 PM

Then checked the Hertz site and they said they had cars in Mt P, at a better rate. I made the reservation, then they called back and said they didn't have any cars. Enterprise did the same thing the next day.

I was kinda forced to go to the airport and get a car, which is double the local Enterprise rate. And now, since Avis jacked up my reservation, I can't cancel it. Well, I can..but it will cost $150. The whole rental was $207.

Like I said, the whole thing was a mess.

Not bad pretty good. Helped M&D move into smaller home

Mar 1, 2021, 9:51 AM

and it was far less painful than I had been dreading. Movers had done the actual stuff moving on Thursday and we just had to help them do some painting, wall patching around relocated W/D hookups, put in some shelving etc. Standard moving chores. Also rearranged and re-rearranged furniture, connected them to the magic of roku, and counseled on where to put what and what to not give two Fs about.

We also discovered that Florence has a trickle of activity downtown now. Some bars and restaurants and even some dudes cruising. Stayed in pretty decent hotel downtown in old converted warehouse or factory or something.

Pretty good weekend......

Mar 1, 2021, 10:12 AM

Great weather.

Friday went to grocery store. Got stew beef for tonight. Got Granny items she wanted. Got a couple of cabinets and boxes of dishes from Granny's parents house.

Sattidy went to Colatown and picked up baking supplies. Baked a lot. Don't remember what I cooked.

Sunday watched races. Cooked bourbon salmon for dinner. Went and sat on porch last night. Watched some of TWD. Got baked on porch. Thought TWD was stupid. Watched movie with Canadians. Didn't want to come in it was perfect temp. Watched stupid robot vacuum. It gets stuck a lot. Under refrigerator and other places.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic