Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Win the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,218

Win the ACC

May 25, 2016, 5:01 PM

Yes I know we have to be more consistent. We have to play mighty UNC and Duke. Louisville ND and Miami. I believe we have the talent and with JB back I believe we can win the ACC. I know it sounds crazy but I'm excited!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Win the ACC

May 25, 2016, 5:56 PM

We will be good but Duke is loaded from stop to bottom. This is there most talented and deepest team in yrs with guards and height. I wish we played unc at unc because I think this would be the yr to beat them there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2016, 10:53 PM

Duke is absolutely loaded, yep. They will definitely be the favorite this year.

But Jon Rothstein has maintained that we can finish in the upper 3rd of the conference (Top 5) this season. Guys have to improve a lot obviously, but it's doable.

May 25, 2016, 6:06 PM

I have Clemson at 9th next year in the ACC.

While JB coming back does make Clemson better, every team in the ACC has gotten better through recruiting players that are as good if not better than JB

The ACC should have 4 teams in the Top 10 to start the season.
6 teams in the top 20 and another 2 teams hovering around 25.

The ACC will have 8 of the top 30 teams pre season in country. Even with JB back, Clemson is nowhere near top 30.

Clemson still has major questions, the entire season relies on transfers and JB worrying about Clemson and not his NBA stock. The recruiting of HS talent is non existent and transfers are usually someone else's problems that could not hack it for whatever reason.

Clemson is relying on players from Rider, San Fransisco, Valpo and maybe UNC Asheville to fill spots along with a kid that washed out in 2 weeks at TAM and a player who could not find playing time at an average Vandy team.

I am sure Duke and UNC, UVA and Louisville are all worrying about transfers from The Big South and Northeast Conferences.

Syracuse has survived their little probation incident and will be loaded again. Throw in Miami who is a top 25 team who won in the NCAA last season and added 2 players at 5 stars and a player at 4 stars. Nc State brought in the best point guard in the country. Florida State returned Dwayne Bacon and adds 5 star John Isaccs who is a flat out stud. Notre Dame is talented adding 2 top 50 players. I have seen even Virginia Tech listed in a few Top 25 polls. Buzz Williams will win at Va Tech, he was a home run hire there.

Clemson could be better than last year (and may well be) but the brutal nature of the ACC could make wins very hard to come by.

May 25, 2016, 6:13 PM

Terrier Fans you need to go give Frank Martin a #### job. That should make you feel better. Leave Clemson alone and go rot on gamecoot central. Yes the ACC is the best conference. Go worry about that pos basketball conference the coots are in.

May 25, 2016, 6:18 PM

So when i present facts, you resort to name calling and talking about USC and Frank Martin, which has ZERO to do with ACC basketball and the conversation.

I will type slowly so that you can keep up.

Clemson is in the ACC and plays games against ACC teams in conference. USC is not in the A C C. The Gamecocks play in the SEC.

We were discussing Clemson and the depth and talent in the ACC. We are talking about how challenging the ACC will be, not about USC.

Please have someone explain this to you and keep up with the conversation instead of looking like an idiot.

You lose all credibility when your facts aren't facts

May 25, 2016, 8:42 PM

Rider, Valpo, UNCA - nobody from any of these schools is even eligible to play next year. I'm going to be generous and assume you don't know the difference between Rider and Robert Morris. We have a transfer from Valpo that won't be eligible next season and I have no clue where UNCA comes from.

Re: You lose all credibility when your facts aren't facts

May 25, 2016, 11:18 PM

Dylan Smith, a 6-foot-5 guard, is coming off a strong freshman season at UNC Asheville in which he averaged 13.5 points per game and realized the Big South isn't big enough for his game. He is looking for a spot in a more high-profile league. And he said he will visit Clemson one day next week.

"They offered me a scholarship and I should be going on a visit there sometime next week," Smith said from Arizona Tuesday night where he is on another official visit. "I'm very interested in them as they are in me. I'm taking all my visits and weigh out my options so they definitely have a chance as everybody else does."

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article76944727.html#storylink=cpy

May 25, 2016, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Win the ACC ]

Some research on transfers.

San Francisco has won 2 national championships and put 25 players in the NBA.

Valpo has made the Sweet 16 and put 5 players in the NBA.

The Thomas kid was the number 31 high school recruit.

The other transfer was from Vandy. Vandy has been to 14 NCAA tournaments. The Elite 8 once and 5 Sweet 16s,

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 25, 2016, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Win the ACC ]

9th? I think you are being overly optimistic...

I have the coots @ 13th in the SEC next year - talking foosball

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 25, 2016, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Win the ACC ]

Your "facts" on the transfers are so off.

We have no one from Rider. Valpo transfer isn't even eligible. UNC Asheville transfer committed to Arizona. And Shelton Mitchell started games for Vanderbilt. JB called him an "elite guard" today, for what it's worth.

You have 0 credibility and everyone here labels you a hater, because you are what you habitually do, right?

By the way, Louisville won a ton of games last year with a transfer from the Colonial and Horizon conferences. Take your hating elsewhere, seriously. Dang.

May 25, 2016, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Win the ACC ]

Good lord. I didn't know anyone followed basketball that closely to spew such drivel

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2016, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Win the ACC ]

Jon Rothstein has Clemson 29th in his preseason poll.

May 25, 2016, 11:13 PM

Lol. Yep

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,218
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic