Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been getting worked up over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

I have been getting worked up over

Dec 22, 2020, 10:36 AM

the Repug idiots in the House who seem to be lining up to baselessly challenge the EC vote in Congress.

But then I went back and did some research and it seems that a number of Dems did this in 2016. It went absolutely NOWHERE, because NO Senators objected, so the House objections were dismissed out of hand. I feel much better.

I still think those Representatives have undermined their credibility going forward, but they are not a serious threat.

However, if brain-damaged Tommy Turbeville also objects, then that is going to open up an ugly kettle of fish for the country - but especially for the Repugs who will have to go on the record as to whether they support Donald Trump - or democracy and reality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is, in 2016 Hillary had conceded.

Dec 22, 2020, 10:40 AM

Although equally stupid, it was really just symbolic. What's happening now actually has a viable (albeit longshot) possibility of working.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell him it's happened before.***

Dec 22, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Tobias27772, it's happened before.***

Dec 22, 2020, 10:44 AM

Re: Hey Tobias27772, it's happened before.***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:39 AM

Murc,

Thanks. I got it. I feel better.

Re: I have been getting worked up over

Dec 22, 2020, 10:41 AM

thats my boi!

Lecture
Insult
Threat

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 11:39 AM

Ranger,

Threat ??

With pubs controlling 7 more final votes if the...

Dec 22, 2020, 10:42 AM

matter isn't settled in two hours of debate for those states accused of certifying false election results you should be a little nervous. That kinda makes me feel better.

One word, 'Cruz.' If you need another one 'Ted.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With pubs controlling 7 more final votes if the...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:41 AM

Even Ted is not stupid enough to force all of his Rep Senate colleagues to publicly pick between Trump and democracy.

Can I get odds on a bet that he will?

Dec 22, 2020, 12:35 PM

Just how sure are you that he won't?

Re: Can I get odds on a bet that he will?

Dec 22, 2020, 6:46 PM

Are you NOT confident enough to bet even money ?? I got $100 that says Ted Cruz will NOT challenge the Electoral College results this year.

Re: With pubs controlling 7 more final votes if the...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to With pubs controlling 7 more final votes if the... ]

Youre still dumb enough to still think the election results are generally false? That's impressive.

LOOK!

Dec 22, 2020, 12:37 PM

I only moved you down one spot on my prayer list because of 7spots getting the vid. When he's well again you'll move back up. Stop being ugly to me.

These people are representatives of our country's

Dec 22, 2020, 10:42 AM

constituents.

And if there is anything these last 4 years has taught us, it's that our country is foaming with absolute idiots.

Naturally the representatives of these idiots will also be idiots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You mean like the Portland and Seattle Mayors...

Dec 22, 2020, 10:44 AM

who let antifa run wild in the streets or more like rural districts which uphold law and order?

and LA and NY and Detroit and Chicago and California

Dec 22, 2020, 11:49 AM

and Hawaii and Oregon and Washington and Washington DC and thousands of other cities to a smaller extent

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These people are representatives of our country's

Dec 22, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to These people are representatives of our country's ]

double insult!

you should go help robert bully NJ

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These people are representatives of our country's

Dec 22, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to These people are representatives of our country's ]

coach,

That's democracy for ya'

Indeed. Kind of what makes the mass exodus out of liberal

Dec 22, 2020, 11:47 AM [ in reply to These people are representatives of our country's ]

areas so sad. They'll ultimately #### up the areas they move to like a plague of locusts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas is in big trouble

Dec 22, 2020, 11:50 AM

With all the Silicon Valley companies moving there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas is in big trouble

Dec 22, 2020, 11:22 PM

yeah, good luck getting the talent to move from Marin County to Plano Texas.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 10:54 AM

Well, you should be happy. Joe Biden will be sworn in on January 20th provided he has a heart beat then. Who cares about the EEG results. If this will damage the GOP as you state, then you have more to be happy about. Hopefully, there is not a Senator willing to push this forward, but if so, the effort to keep Trump in office will fail and indeed this will damage the GOP. No need to get worked up. Relax, Merry Christmas and I hope Santa brings you 2 GOP Senators from GA on January 5th.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is that the man at the top is

Dec 22, 2020, 10:56 AM

fomenting it, which means a large portion of Americans are up in arms about it. We didn't even know it was happening in 2016, because no one important was a part of it.

I don't think anything will happen in terms of a change in the election result, but the damage done to public confidence in the election result is done, and is not getting better.

Actually, conservative media is played a much...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:06 AM

larger role than Trump or his lawyers. What he and they have done is simply repeat something we learned from conservative media. You might not have seen that due to your media preferences ignoring the data or dismissing it as lies from the POTUS office.

A great percentage of American citizens do not believe Biden fairly won the election. Even 20-30% of democrats are joining with nearly 75% of republicans in that resolution. It's high time you return to pretending to be unbiased and a middle of the road type guy.

No, that's incorrect.

Dec 22, 2020, 11:09 AM

This is all coming from the President. He was complaining about it before the election even happened, so obviously it's not about evidence.

The "conservative media" is just parroting what he says, because it helps he's popular with their target audience.

The reason I don't think major fraud happened

Dec 22, 2020, 11:16 AM

is very simple, and has nothing to do with media.

The people whose job it is to determine if such fraud happened, whom I trust, has said that it did not. It's that simple. It's no different from a doctor prescribing me something, and I trust him to take that medicine. He would know, so I listen to him.

If law enforcement uncovered and proved significant fraud, I would be first in line to support them.

Re: The reason I don't think major fraud happened

Dec 26, 2020, 11:30 AM

Yeah, you can't follow the evidence when there isn't any.

Also, I've never claimed to be "middle-of-the-road"

Dec 22, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Actually, conservative media is played a much... ]

I'm a proud conservative, all the way.

That's a strange thing to admit.***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Actually, conservative media is played a much... ]

I didn't see it as a confession.

Dec 22, 2020, 11:21 AM

I saw it more a truism due to the MSM continually jumping from one fake news story to the next. First it was Russian Collusion Hoax onto an unjust impeachment hoax and now it's fake news dismissing thousands of reports of election fraud.

My question is, after the Russian Hoax and the impeachment hoax why isn't everyone tuned to media other than NYT, PBS, WAPO and the likes?

You know why I didn't believe the "Russia hoax"?

Dec 22, 2020, 11:23 AM

(When it comes to the President)

Because I trusted what law enforcement said about it. Same reason I trust the election result now.

How is conservative media playing a larger role than

Dec 22, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I didn't see it as a confession. ]

Trump and his lawyers to challenge the election? And do you think that should be the role for the media? If so, I'm not sure if you understand the purpose for having a free press.

It's also an admission that the same people who incessantly cry about media bias from the MSM are pleased that proudly biased conservative "news" outlets are so influential that they're creating news instead of reporting it.

The conservative media is the only source of...

Dec 22, 2020, 12:45 PM

news about the videos, testimonies and witness statements which takes the people at their word. The MSM only covers the information to claim it's debunked or just deny it's worth of news.

If you can't see that the left wing media is just as biased as the conservative media then you're not as sharp as I thought.

Twitter, for instance, after the 2016 election twitter never censored one tweet claiming that the election was stolen. Hillary made her rounds on liberal media claiming that Trump colluded with Russia. No one in the MSM challenged her even after Mueller plainly said he found no evidence that any American conspired with Russia to fix the election.

The MSM held the Hunter laptop story for nearly a month before the election with no significant reporting on it and especially none which insinuated that Hunter had done wrong including the photos of him having sex with underage girls in China.

No objective man can possibly believe that the MSM is unbiased.

To sum up

Dec 22, 2020, 12:49 PM

"conservative media will cover any crazy conspiracy theory that makes me feel better about the world.

Lib media tries to stick to facts which goes against my world view"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The solution to biased news is NOT

Dec 22, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to The conservative media is the only source of... ]

to find a news source that is biased the way you like.

It's to ignore all the biased news sources. That way their ratings drop, so they have to change their coverage to make money.

Or to consume a range of the bias

Dec 22, 2020, 12:59 PM

and understand that the truth is somewhere in the middle of those two idiologies.

Personally, I look at websites that I consider to be

Dec 22, 2020, 1:02 PM

biased (on both sides), but I ignore the parts that are opinion or biased, and just deal in facts.

Re: The solution to biased news is NOT

Dec 26, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to The solution to biased news is NOT ]

Here is a media chart. Bias is rated left to right and accuracy from top to bottom.

Where do everybody's sources rate ??

Re: The conservative media is the only source of...

Dec 26, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to The conservative media is the only source of... ]

No BIASED man can believe that the MSN is unbiased. FTFY

Re: I didn't see it as a confession.

Dec 22, 2020, 9:05 PM [ in reply to I didn't see it as a confession. ]

Lordy, you can string the idiocy together.

There was no "Russian Collusion Hoax." It was an actual investigation by an actual Special Counsel. And Trump owes about a billion dollars to undisclosed foreign sources through money loaned by Deutsche Bank by two Russians who coincidentally resigned today.

Odd, that. And there was nothing "unjust" about impeaching a guy who tried to use hundreds of millions of dollars in American military aid to dig up dirt on his opponent for the purposes of affecting an election, which was the very thing he'd been investigated in the first time.

Those aren't "hoaxes", those are real things, and very serious ones.

Re: I didn't see it as a confession.

Dec 26, 2020, 11:35 AM

but he was EXONERATED !!!

Re: Actually, conservative media is played a much...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Actually, conservative media is played a much... ]

So are you saying that 3 times more Republicans are detached from reality than Democrats ??

Contrary to progressive belief...

Dec 22, 2020, 12:46 PM

reality is not relative to what progressives believe.

I remember I had a teacher in HS who graded on a 1-5 scale.

Dec 22, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to The difference is that the man at the top is ]

I brought home a paper one day and showed it to my granmama, and she said "What that foment?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 11:06 AM

Toby, I hate to tell you but you need a life.

Dec 22, 2020, 11:57 AM

OC,

I am pretty satisfied with my life right now. i AM working on a few bucket list thing for 2021, but day to day it's pretty good.

As far as THIS particular situation is concerned, I hope you are right. But I do worry about the amount of damage that trump is doing to our democracy and our government as he heads out of the door. Much of this damage is bad for all Americans going forward.

And I am concerned about how much of these ridiculous and anti-democratic efforts are spreading throughout the Republican Party. More and more Republican officials seem to be willing to suspend our rule of law and democratic norms to support their ideology and power.

OC, maybe you are right. maybe we can go back to being and respecting Americans - even the ones that disagree with us. Maybe we can create conversations and compromise to move our country forward. but until I see more evidence of this return to sanity, i will be a little concerned.

Hey, thanks for your concern, really.

Wanting fair elections are a threat to democracy?

Dec 22, 2020, 12:48 PM

You sound like Castro.

Re: Wanting fair elections are a threat to democracy?

Dec 22, 2020, 6:42 PM

We had a fair election - now dill with it !!

Dec 22, 2020, 7:14 PM

Dec 26, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Wanting fair elections are a threat to democracy? ]

Would you interested in some ocean front property in Kansas?

Maybe you should read this

Dec 22, 2020, 1:02 PM

then go grab a beer or something

https://tigernet.com/forum/message/It-really-is-a-strange-to-se-first-hand-28360141

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic