Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know what I honestly think we saw out of Watson last
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,000

You know what I honestly think we saw out of Watson last

Sep 18, 2015, 1:50 PM

night???

A true sophomore making his 6th start.

He can't do it by himself. First off, kid needs time to throw the ball. Call me crazy, but I don't think we see a better front 7 than we saw last night the rest of the year. Secondly, his receivers have GOT to learn how to get open downfield. Mike Williams made it look easy. These other guys aren't there yet. Once they start getting some separation, it will be a whole different ball game.

Last person on the team I'm worried about is #4. I think he'll do just fine....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Not at all worried.

Sep 18, 2015, 2:04 PM

We forget how little he has played in his short career. He's got lots of learning to do.

And the OL. I feel like this group has a higher upside than our last few, but they're still very raw as a unit.

The WRs were a bit baffling. Lou's game plan had them on the WRs like flies on poop, but I expected us to get some separation as the game progressed and the secondary fatigued. The drops were frustrating, as well.

I'm not sure we'll have these problems with ND, but we'll see. Lou is going to be a tough outing on most years.

not everything was on the wr's though. there was a

Sep 18, 2015, 5:28 PM

possession late in the game where Watson just short-armed the pass to a wide open receiver. Hard to blame him. He was a little gun shy from hits at that point.

Re: You know what I honestly think we saw out of Watson last

Sep 18, 2015, 2:06 PM

I would almost bet that last night's game was quite possibly his "worst" game ever going back to Pee Wee ball. And we still won. He's amazing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

So because UL dropped a couple wide open touchdown passes,

Sep 18, 2015, 2:23 PM

their kicker missed a kick while ours didn't, and our defense stepped up...Watson is "amazing"

Got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: So because UL dropped a couple wide open touchdown passes,

Sep 18, 2015, 3:07 PM

So would ya rather have swag Kelly. Come on man. Don't deny DWs greatness. He has an off night and still balled out. Ill take our QB over any other in the nation. He will work even harder and be even more focused moving forward because of this game. Go Tigers!

Re: You know what I honestly think we saw out of Watson last

Sep 18, 2015, 2:17 PM

I truly think Louisville might be a team that gets into his head his whole career, a la Tajh Boyd against Sakerlina. The front seven is ridiculously aggressive, he gets hit a lot, and he was injured in last year's game. He never looked comfortable last night from the starting whistle, and it was evident on him missing wide open throws that he usually hits. But we got the W. Worth celebrating.

FSU's front 7 will be just as good if not better.***

Sep 18, 2015, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This, always this. They are still pretty much an NFL

Sep 18, 2015, 2:59 PM

factory. Maybe Lousiville's best guy is better than FSU's, but FSU has plenty more to plug in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got that right.

Sep 18, 2015, 4:59 PM [ in reply to FSU's front 7 will be just as good if not better.*** ]

FSU is the most talented foe we will face in the regular season this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I'll say this again.

Sep 18, 2015, 4:58 PM

He's just nine months our of surgery for a total repair on an ACL. I keep waiting on someone to get back to 100% mentally in less than a year and I'm still waiting.

He laid on the ground several times for an extra few seconds and I'd bet that his mind was checking in with that knee to make sure it was still good. Last year he popped up like a jack in the box and looked for the next play-call.

A 165 QBR isn't a bad number for anyone after a knock down drag out with double coverage on primary receivers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I'll say this again.

Sep 18, 2015, 6:17 PM

Your exactly right 1988, not to mention a short turn around for a road game in a hostile environment.

Not only does he have to recover from major surgery, lead the Tigers to victory with his arm and his feet, general the whole offense.... but to some, he also has to be some kind of football messiah.

He's a 19 yr old that has exceptional talent and skill as well as an amazing head on his shoulders. But to me, I think it's hard enough for him to get the job as QB done well, on top of the pressure of being a celebrity. Honestly, sometimes I think everytime he wipes his #### somebody writes a story about it and how great a dump he took. He's 19 for crying out loud....give him some room.

He's a great talent...he's going to lead us to an NFC most likely. But I think people should give him a little air and let him focus on his job rather than the distraction of celebrity.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're right about not seeing a better front 7

Sep 18, 2015, 5:02 PM

than what we saw last night, because young Mr. Gallman racked-up 139 yards on that defense!

null

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic